Rip Huntly Stormboy - You Will Live Forever In My Heart

Kelly_Louise

You were a special boy. You were my big, beautiful boy - with a heart as big as any horse could have. Your name is Huntly Stormboy - or Stormboy (your stable name), or Stormy, or Storman Norman. I was only a very little girl when I met your Dad, he was also very special - and had your loving, gentle nature... but he had cancer and you were his last son.

The moment you came to Bega, and I laid eyes on you... it was love at first sight. Of course, I loved horses... all horses. But you, my friend, owned my heart right from the start. Not traditionally beautiful, to me, you were THE most gorgeous horse I'd ever laid eyes on. Every happy childhood memory I have, is related to you. You made me happy, taught me responsibility and bravery, and you were my buddy - always. For some reason, you took to me. I taught you a special whistle - and it was to let you know when I was there. Your head would snap up, ears alert, eyes searching. And when you found me, you would have ran through fire to get to me. I remember the peace, I remember the solitude, I remember spending all day, just lying in your paddock while you munched around me. I told you my hopes, my fears, my plans... and you watched me with your big, beautiful brown eyes and listened with your ears flicking my way. You always stayed near, but you were so gentle, so careful, I was never afraid. You could be very highly strung, and sometimes people would worry - but I knew you would never hurt me, and you never did. I loved just spending time with you, learning about you and horses, trying new things, making mistakes, getting it right. I remember coming to see you first thing every morning... sometimes you'd be lying down on the hillside - watching the sunrise... and I'd sit with you... just us - two friends, it was like Heaven. I remember when you had your accident and ran into the barbed wire fence, and tore a hole in your chest... you wouldn't come to anyone else but stuck to me like glue, and I knew you were in trouble - but no one would believe how bad it was... and I cried and made a fuss until someone came to see you... and it was me that saved your life, the vet told me so - I was only young, but I remember. I remember that from that day on, our bond was sealed, we were inseperable. I remember how much you loved peaches, and I wasn't allowed to give them to you - but I used to sneak the very best ones off the tree to you, because you loved them so. Today I found that special photo of us, with you wearing my bright orange sun visor - you loved that too, and it made everyone giggle to see you wearing it :confused: I have so many wonderful memories Stormy, that i will never ever forget. You will always live in my heart, in that special place that was always yours.

Today, I learnt that like your Dad - cancer took you. I can't tell you how I feel. I feel lost, I feel devastated, I feel heart broken - and I feel a little empty. What makes it worse, is the guilt. The guilt over never making enough time when I got older to see you. I know we lived so far away from each other, but that was no excuse. I'm sorry I never kept my promises that I used to whisper in your ears. By the time I could, you were older and it would have been too cruel to take you away from everything you knew and loved. But most of all, my friend, I'm sorry I never got to say goodbye, and wasn't there with you at the end. If I had known, I'd have moved Heaven and Earth to be with you - to say my last farewell, and hold you as you took your final journey. But it was kept from me - which was what I didn't want. Just know, Stormy, that I loved you very much. I still dream about you sometimes, and I always wake up with such a feeling of peace and love. Even in my dreams you make me happy. I don't think anyone will ever really know or understand our bond, they will never know how much you meant to me - but I pray that you did.

I will never forget your softness, I will never forget your smell, I will never forget your breath on my face. I will never forget what you gave me, and how you loved me. I will never forget the countless days we spent together. They were the very best of my life. And one day, Stormboy, I will move to where you now lie.

I hope that Danny was waiting for you, to welcome you on the other side. I hope you are happy and didn't suffer. I hope you and Danny have teamed up to create more havoc. I hope, when we meet again, you will be the same sweet, beautiful boy that you always have been. And I will know you anywhere, anytime. I will know you, my lovely Storm. Till we meet again... Goodbye, I love you and I miss you everyday.

Rest in peace and happiness forever, sweet Stormboy.

This is one of the last pics I have of you, taken late last year. I was surprised at how grey your face was, but always - your inquisitive face, and beautiful eyes. My sister asked if I recognised your face... and when I saw it, I broke down and cried, because I miss you so much. But it's a face that I would never forget... never ever my beautiful big boy.

post-8152-1273391169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kelly_Louise

I am so very sorry for your loss. :thumbsup: I am sitting here in tears, because you have just described the relationship I had with my own horse who died 6 years ago. :champagne: Sending you massive hugs.

:thumbsup: tears here too,

What a beautiful tribute to your boy.

I too had a relationship with my heart horse like yours.

And also had to leave her behind, to be kindest to her.

I'm sure his spirit still sits on that hillside in the morning sun. And your bond will never break.

huge hugs Kelly louise.

fifi xxx

Thank you for your kind words - but most of all, thank you for understanding. Many don't, but I can see that others have loved and lost their own heart horses... and it's never quite the same when they leave :o I'm sorry to anyone who has lost them as well. I lost another beloved back in 2006, who I still miss - but none gave me the happiness that my buddy Stormboy did.

I hope he can forgive me for not being able to say goodbye.

And thank you to the school kids, who he waited for everyday and who gave him love and their leftover lunches :rofl:

I hope that others can experience the joy of a horse like my Stormy - he was a fine example of the very best horse anyone could hope for, superbly bred, superb confirmation, and a stellar personality. Everyone should know the special bond you have with a horse.

Run free baby boy, kick out wildly with abandon, let your beautiful mane (with the cute curls) and long tail flow. Oh to see you in full flight again...

RIP Stormboy. :o:rofl:

I can totally relate - about 10 years ago I lost my beautiful Apache after 18 wonderful years together. I also relate to the guilt of not spending as much time as I could have with him in the later years. :D I have tried, but I doubt I can ever own another horse, as they all pale in comparison to him...he stole my heart and broke it when he left me. :rofl: :rofl: :o

he stole my heart and broke it when he left me. :hug::hug::hug:

Yes, that's exactly how I feel. And I will always love horses, but none can ever come close to my Stormy.

It's funny - but Bega was always my Heaven on Earth - my 'happy' place, I longed to be there all the time. Because that's where he was. But you know, now he's not there - Bega just doesn't have the special meaning it once did. And now I know, all the magic that Bega ever held for me, was all directly tied to my Stormboy. He made it special.

But I will live there one day. It won't be the same, but I will go.