Dol Kepala Pics - Sunday May 9th

Hey Guys

Looks like a fun day had by all. Dexter and I arrived home from our holiday this morning. It was a great holiday Dexter enjoyed being a free range doggy on the farm but now is glued to the couch in his favourite spot.

can't wait to see you all at the June Kepala.

CF.

Glad you and the Dexter had fun! :rofl:

I wonder what he enjoys most, farm lifestyle or the couch? :cry:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pointees,

It is a tuff call, I have been debating that myself. He really seemed to enjoy being able to run around at his whim but seemed to miss the couch. Since we have been home (about 24 hours) he has only been outside to toilet and then spent the rest of the time on the couch or bed. I am thinking he would like the best of both worlds, but if it really came down to it I think the couch would win :laugh: .

CF.

Hey Guys

Looks like a fun day had by all. Dexter and I arrived home from our holiday this morning. It was a great holiday Dexter enjoyed being a free range doggy on the farm but now is glued to the couch in his favourite spot.

can't wait to see you all at the June Kepala.

CF.

Glad you and the Dexter had fun! :welcome:

I wonder what he enjoys most, farm lifestyle or the couch? :laugh:

:laugh: Big lazy boy! :o

Well, I think Pointers might be taking over the next Kepala Meet! ;) Besides my two, we might have 3 more coming. ;)

Also, my dads lab won't be coming now, he's limping really badly and has had his meds upped, and is on bed rest for about two weeks... Poor boy. ;)

Sounds like Dexter and you had a great time CF :laugh:

Pointees: send healing vibes for Jack from me. I am currently twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do! Charlotte is in the vet probably coming home Wednesday or Thursday. I cant wait to have her home again and she has only been there since 9am this morning.

Thank you Lappiemum. I am really missing my little girl already! :laugh: I have to give them a call tomorrow at 5pm if I havent had a call to find out how she's gone, when we're looking at the other leg to be done etc... crossing fingers she comes home Wednesday. We're all ready to bring her home, the pen is all done just have to buy more rubber matting for the floor so when she comes out of the pen for toileting there is no chance of slipping.

She'll be back on her new and improved legs chasing balls and terrorising and barking at dogs who steal her kepala pool in no time! :laugh:

Thank you for your thoughts, very appreciated. Will let you know when i get an update ;)

Good news all...

My little girl has been discharged :laugh:

She's very groggy, sore and on the way home (it's one hour from the vet) she slept and snored the whole way.

I cant get over all the fur gone! :D She only has fur from where the pads start downwards. She has stitches in for 14 days, is on Cephalexin and Rimadyl for the next two weeks and great fun keeping her occupied and quiet for 6 weeks!

I did get to snap a couple photos. She's sound asleep. She has lovely Orange and Blue vet wrap on :birthday:

post-21332-1274180123_thumb.jpg

post-21332-1274180131_thumb.jpg

Edited by LucyCharzie

I was stoked when the vet rang me to tell me she had been done and she would be discharged tonight. I prepared myself for another night away from her but was surprised :laugh:

It's good to have her home on her own bed. It could take a few days for her to put weight on the leg, but she seems to be sleeping well which is good because it does make it easy to keep her quiet.

Pointees: I had a big shock, it'll take forever to grow back. She's so tired poor girl!

Great to hear Charlottes home LC, I imagine you wouldn't have slept without her.

Don't worry, the hair will grow back quicker than you think and then she'll just shed all over your floor again anyway.

Hugs and kisses to Charlotte, be prepared for her to put on some weight while you distract her with chew treats, rather than doing zoomies. Better that than being too active though.

Thanks SG. There's no way i would have slept without her at all. Last night was hard enough! Then had to do an 8 hour shift of work placement doing nothing but peeling stickers off shelves getting ready for stocktake sale! :laugh: I am counting down to 5pm friday when we finish work placement. I am so very lucky mum is home to look after Charlotte for me while i am at work.

Her hair takes forever to grow back usually. Hopefully it doesnt take too long!

I rather her gain some weight lazing around and getting lots of treats in an attempt to keep her quiet than her hurting herself trying to do more than shes supposed to. Will pass on the cuddles and kisses to her from you.