Thanks Guys

SoL

Thanks for your advice guys :rofl:

On commencement of Emfest, OH took me a shopping yesterday and I came back with my new camera :rofl: I got a new Canon EOS1000 (liked the feel of it better than the Nikon), with twin lens, free tripod, free bag and 8GB card and 3yr warranty :hug: I think at one point I made the salesman at Hardly Normal cry. Let's just say it pays to do research - their advertised price online was about $300 cheaper than their store price.

OK, ok, I know it's a basic entry level, but then so am I :hug: and it's already proven to be soooooo much better quality than my point and shoot and trust me, after flicking through the manual last night, learning to use it properly will probably be a lifetime dedication :hug: Can't wait to get started!

Speaking of which - what would be the best setting to start shooting the pups outside? Naturally things are on auto at the moment, I was thinking more of a sports mode for action shots, but how would I convert that to a manual setting? I have soooo much to learn!

errr besides price tag, you're asking the wrong person LOL Though it's probably something like ISO and shutter speed or image stabilising, something like that. I've just had a big puppy photo session :banghead: LOVING this camera so far :eek:

errr besides price tag, you're asking the wrong person LOL Though it's probably something like ISO and shutter speed or image stabilising, something like that. I've just had a big puppy photo session :banghead: LOVING this camera so far :o

ahem, you've obviously got alot to learn. You dont say you've just had a big session without posting pics. waiting, waiting :eek: waiting....................

gimme a chance lady - just got them onto Photobucket :banghead:

Seeing that you've got me, I shall do you the honour of posting here BEFORE the Stafford thread :eek:

Ray doing his Jabba the Hut impression

Ray7wks.jpg

Henry

Henry7wks.jpg

Minnie the Minx

Minnie7wks.jpg

Ellie

Ellie7wks.jpg

Arthur

Arthur7wks2.jpg

Shazza and Ellie having cuddles

Cuddles7wks.jpg

Dennis

Dennis7wks.jpg

Eddy and Iggy

EddieandIggy7wks.jpg

errr besides price tag, you're asking the wrong person LOL

LOL. I was saving for the 450D but think I might get one sooner and get one like yours unless someone talks me out of it??

I've already squueeeeed over the pics in the Stafford thread :banghead:

errr besides price tag, you're asking the wrong person LOL

LOL. I was saving for the 450D but think I might get one sooner and get one like yours unless someone talks me out of it??

I've already squueeeeed over the pics in the Stafford thread :banghead:

I think Justice Shades has a 1000D too, and you should see the fantastic photos she takes.

The puppies are so cute!

Edited by Kirislin