Bcf Rv Shade Deluxe

RubyStar

I can't remember what badges I got, I bet there were heaps! (Not :rofl: ) I remember something vague about pixies? :laugh: :D

Aaawwwww, I was in the Pixies, then graduated to Brownies and finally to Girl Guides. What was the point of it all again?

:laugh:

This is the funniest read I have had in ages!

I have never seen one of those shade thingies before but I really like the idea of them.

You remind me of times going camping without the instructions on how to put up the tent!!!!

Just wondering do the side flaps have any zips in them or are there any zips or velcroed sections?

If there is undo or loosen them all and try putting it up.

Best of luck.

;)

I have never seen one of those shade thingies before but I really like the idea of them.

You remind me of times going camping without the instructions on how to put up the tent!!!!

Just wondering do the side flaps have any zips in them or are there any zips or velcroed sections?

Best of luck.

;) Glad I could provide some amusement :o

It does have zipped up side flaps, maybe I will try your suggestion next for extra "give" :laugh:

I brought one a couple of years ago but have only used it once, so thought I'd better go try

and put it up and see what happens!! took me a couple of goes but I got there in the end

but it must be the basic type as it doesn't have sides, and I didn't have any problems

getting the metal bits in the ends?? so not much help really, but at least you got me out

there and reminded me I should use it as once up it is a great little shade and privacy

area. Hope you have luck with yours..

:hug:

Best of luck.

:hug: Glad I could provide some amusement :)

It does have zipped up side flaps, maybe I will try your suggestion next for extra "give" :mad

"Zipped up side flaps" - I am quite confident if you unzip them that will fix the problem.

(fingers crossed)

Can't describe it but will give you a hand on the weekend! :mad:eek: It is doable!!!

:mad

Best of luck.

:) Glad I could provide some amusement :mad

It does have zipped up side flaps, maybe I will try your suggestion next for extra "give" :(

The metal pins go inside the end of the poles. The blunt end goes into the little pockets at the top. I'll show you :( I've got the basic model without the sides but I would assume it assembles pretty much the same way.

Does anyone have one of these BCF RV Shade Deluxe thingies and have managed to assemble them? :mad

I'm up to step 5 and for the life of me can't get the peg thingy to meet the metal at the bottom of each pole!! :)

Surely it can't be too hard. I never buy into statements such as "easy to assemble" because usually that isn't the case (unless you're some real handy type or have assembled it 100 times already! :() but I didn't think it would be THIS hard and fiddly!! Trying to assemble it on my own is very hard and time consuming, and then getting stuck at step 5 isn't helping matters!

Dog help me trying to assemble it in public! :mad Got two trials on next weekend and wanted to use it, but if it's this flippin' hard then I might just take it back!! :mad:laugh:

Hope some "pro" can help me out!!! Please! :eek:

Edited to add a picture of the nightmare of a thing! It's those bottom pieces I can't join.

rv_shade_deluxe.jpg

The metal pins go inside the end of the poles. The blunt end goes into the little pockets at the top. I'll show you :rofl: I've got the basic model without the sides but I would assume it assembles pretty much the same way.

So I was on the right track, I had the blunt ends with the rubber bits in the little mesh pockets at the top, but the poles are extending waaaaaaaaaaay past the fabric on the other end to get the pins anywhere near the end of the poles! ;)

Thanks a lot, I look forward to the help! :laugh::laugh: ;)

The metal pins go inside the end of the poles. The blunt end goes into the little pockets at the top. I'll show you :rofl: I've got the basic model without the sides but I would assume it assembles pretty much the same way.

So I was on the right track, I had the blunt ends with the rubber bits in the little mesh pockets at the top, but the poles are extending waaaaaaaaaaay past the fabric on the other end to get the pins anywhere near the end of the poles! ;)

Thanks a lot, I look forward to the help! :laugh::laugh: ;)

Do you have the poles crossed over in the middle? The extra length is to make the curve but I found mine was easy to put the pins into the end of the poles. If you still have it attached to the car, I'd take it off just to see if it makes a difference and really bend the poles up to get the pin to fit in.

Ummmm, ........ how about taking it back to where you bought it and getting them to assemble it and show you how it is done???? :laugh::o

Because this is easier and it's a hugeass thing that I am pretty sure they won't help assemble in store! Plus, it's mainly kids that work there for their casual job who wouldn't have a clue! Thought I'd put the question out there for people who have actually used one :D :D

The metal pins go inside the end of the poles. The blunt end goes into the little pockets at the top. I'll show you :) I've got the basic model without the sides but I would assume it assembles pretty much the same way.

So I was on the right track, I had the blunt ends with the rubber bits in the little mesh pockets at the top, but the poles are extending waaaaaaaaaaay past the fabric on the other end to get the pins anywhere near the end of the poles! :D

Thanks a lot, I look forward to the help! :laugh: :D :D

Do you have the poles crossed over in the middle? The extra length is to make the curve but I found mine was easy to put the pins into the end of the poles. If you still have it attached to the car, I'd take it off just to see if it makes a difference and really bend the poles up to get the pin to fit in.

Never made it as far as attaching to the car :o That was the next step after the one I got stuck at :)

Can you please post when you figure out the problem? I'm curious now. :o

bedazzledx2 is going to help me on the weekend so once she can show me the art of shade assembly, I will pass on the wisdom :laugh:

I wish you could post the instructions! It looks a pretty simple erection like a dome tent.

If I had them with me I'd scan it for ya's :)

Looks simple, should be simple, but the damn poles appear waaaaaaay too long for the thing!!

But anyhoo, I'm sure I will have it sorted this weekend with someone who knows what they're doing :mad

(and if not, it's going back to the shop for a refund! :))