Is It Posible She Is Depressed?

stef_83

since bully was taken to the pound saffron has been very sookie, she sleeping lots or if she is out the back she scratchs up the glass door till we let her in and once she is in she is very clingy.

may2010pics007.jpg

may2010pics010.jpg

edit to add pics of miss clingy. she never used to like the bed she used to like being under the bed.

Edited by stef_83

Whatever she is being and whatever the reason, now more than ever she needs to be able to clearly identify your leadership. Changes within the home pack can have a huge impact and there is often a re-shuffle where the dog/s are re-sorting as to where their place in the pack is.

She probably enjoyed having him there- and now misses his company . Don't 'feel sorry' for her- walk her and work her more.. and keep to the normal routines as much as possible.

edit to add- shame you couldn't take him permanently - I hope he finds a home where he is looked after :laugh:

Edited by persephone

What is the background, that is the story behind bully being taken to pound, how close were they, who was bully, how long was he there, etc etc.

Stef, I was also wondering why Bully was taken to the pound?

I guess Saffron is missing him especially if they were close ?? I suppose it is only natural that she would feel the void that Bully has left behind hence that is why she is wanting to be closer to you. Poor Saffron. She will be back to her old self after a while, time heals all wounds.

Edited to say that I quickly read some posts regarding Bully and found out that he belonged to your neighbours. Are they responsible for sending him to the pound? Gosh, I hope he will find a loving home.

Edited by GardenofEden

Guys read this thread I think it will explain:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=196142

Stef I think Saffron is depressed. When Lucky passed Razor would sit alone in the shed and howl waiting for Lucky to come back. Took him a month or so to get back to normal then a few months after that we got Boss and he was smitten. Poor baby :laugh:

thanks for adding the link. i hope so she been so sooky

Poor thing. Is she eating and everything ok? Razor wasn't really eating much half of what he is now and he really wouldn't do anything. All he did was sleep and be so clingy. I didn't want to keep doting on him in case he started playing me :laugh:

While he was depressed I went out of my way to keep him occupied I'd drive him to my gfs farm so he could play with one of his missus, then I'd take him to the national park near my area to swim and meet other dogs etc. He'd be having the time of his life while he was out then he'd come home and mope around and a few times I heard him doing this weird howl. It wasn't a normal howl it was like a cry/whine/howl...

To be honest Stef, I would be more concerned about the Amstaff that you turned into the pound..........you didn't know the possible consequences of anything Pit Bully when the rangers get hold of them :)

I can so define with what you are saying BB. I do so hope that that poor dog is still alive and ends up in the hands of responsible and loving people.

Guys read this thread I think it will explain:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=196142

Stef I think Saffron is depressed. When Lucky passed Razor would sit alone in the shed and howl waiting for Lucky to come back. Took him a month or so to get back to normal then a few months after that we got Boss and he was smitten. Poor baby :laugh:

Thanks for the link, Jackie....that is so kind of you :)

To be honest Stef, I would be more concerned about the Amstaff that you turned into the pound..........you didn't know the possible consequences of anything Pit Bully when the rangers get hold of them :)

I can so define with what you are saying BB. I do so hope that that poor dog is still alive and ends up in the hands of responsible and loving people.

Yes, he looks like a lovely boy :laugh: