Dog Beds

:ange:

We bought really cheap cot mattresses from Ikea and then bought a double bed egg shell foam overlay from Spotlight. We trimmed the overlay into pieces big enough to sit on top of the cot mattress and then just put an existing cover over the top. If I can ever learn to sew properly I would like to make it covers

My old girl had some major surgery the other week and Great Rugs were fantastic when I wanted new large beds. They made them up within 3 hours for me (amazing service!!!!) and the price was more than reasonable for an XL ($71) If you go to their site we got the Comfy Cushions Beds and they are lovely and thick and with a shake they get all thick again. Dogs love them (and so do the cats) www.greatrugs.com.au

we have th trampoline beds which are their outside beds.. These are the type of beds I want to pick up and take in our bedroom when it's sleep time. So I am after a futon type of bed.. just a GOOD one! LOL

SBT.. are they the green and white mesh covered ones? I've seen them and ummed and ahhed about them!!

No, they are covered in a ripstop, similar to a horse rug. I think we had a few colours.

Hey there everyone.

Not sure if you would mind purchasing a dog bed online, but i stumbled across this site some time ago. I really love the patterns. How it works :

It's a mesh bag, that you can fill up with your old clothes, etc. Quite environmentally friendly dont ya think? My friend's dog absolutely loves it.

http://www.mollymutt.com/

Hope this helps.

I,m all for DIY. No Clarke rubber place here either but the local Sofa manufacture cut me two squares of 4 inch foam rubber ( the better quality one) for their night beds. I later got covers made in a waterproof suede. Their day beds are big bags stuffed with alpaca wool which I have to plump up occasionally, I made covers from upholstery offcuts and used a strip of velcro to close them up.. All beds are still holding up well two years later. A single foam mattress cut into beds would do if you have more than one animal, its so easy to make covers if you sew.

My beans bags I brought for about $20 at some cheap shop are still going nearly six years later.

But for something more solid ( hard wearing ) for your s I would suggest old sponge from retired sofa's. I keep my old cushions for use but my sister just goes round at council pick up days to raid cushions.

we use the antiflea green mattresses

you can scrub and hose them and theyre as good as new

we cover these with cushions and then throw a big woollen blanket over it..ends up looking like a sheiks affair lol

but you do need a wall behind it to support the cushions