Ideas For Keeping The Oldies Extra Warm This Winter...

redangel

I have an old Basset Hound, she will be 11 in a couple months.

During the day if it is cold she has 2 coats on while outside. At night she is inside in a covered crate next to the fire.

If she had her way she would never leave her crate :thumbsup:

Leanne

Gosh, all the wonderful things you do for your dogs. I like the idea of a Snuggle Disk.

Except for Sari, all of mine sleep on the bed with me and I put polar fleece throws on their side (Yeah right - every side is their side, but I can hope :laugh::shrug: ), so they can scratch around and snuggle in. I put a coat on Jeune, but even so, she still digs in under all the bedclothes.

I have three oldsters.

One sleeps under my quilt, you know when winter is here, because Gilly goes under instead of ontop of the quilt.

Bob has a chair near the fire.

Blake the new oldy sleeps anywhere, but he has been takeing the lounge chair, when I go to bed.

Only Gilly will wear a hoody, he has a DOLOFA one, especially made for him by LouseBrooks.

For anyone interested The Reject Shop has heated a variety of heated pet beds for dog and cats on sale at the moment. Prices vary from $35 for a small round bed for a cat or dog to large flat beds $50.