Would You Try To Save These 4 Dogs

woodbyne

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on you woodbyne and Voloclydes and Kirty :) I hope it goes well. I just have to say my judgements really come in toward the original owners...4 untrained dogs and some with cherry eyes...makes me mad :) I know ut is not helpful but it is truely what happens when I read about these situations.

you can't be too hard on these owners who are re homeing.... they have not done too bad in my mind. see you guys are judging via a puter (almost a crystal ball type) in your warm lounge room.

the people whom have the dogs had a mum die from a c section. they hand reared the pups from 0 days old.... when it would have been far easier to have pts with mum. they have given it i would say a go... for what ever reason they haven't done such a great job.... but the motives to me sound good... now that may be lack of knowledge it might just be carelessness who knows. in my lounge room and not having been there or even been them..... who knows i might have found myself in there shoes given all the same circumstances.

you need to give the benefit of the doubt.... no meaning to be rude but who knows.... compassion and empathy for other cost us nothing.

thanks for asking.. woodbyne picked them up... and barkon... lovely lady she is transported her to canberra. there are some pics of sophie in the dally thread.

you are welcome to come in and see.

so far unlike leo she is not true broken dally.

she jumps, she protect what she thinks is hers... she almost has some sort of recall... in only a few days... walked off lead just then with us and got the idea not to pee off. if she walked straight on lead she would be better than leo is now! :shrug::mad

he can be a pulling prat when the mood strikes. she has only had one spat which we have no idea why.... for which she was promtly crated and had the shade drawn. for about 10min or so. no more sign.

the boys all think she's nice.

Fantastic stuff!! Congrats to all who have helped rescue these four - I sure hope they all turn out to be rehomable :laugh:

VC - Sophie looks gorgeous! She will settle after a while - I'm sure of it.

Tango had his 3rd off-lead walk today. He's getting more adventurous and disappears for longer but always finds his way back to us. He's doing really well - but when I think back to 5 months ago...... LOL

Good on ya anyway! Give her a hug from me :)

when she learns to slow down and not pace she will get many hugs...

but she has had many so far too!

might look at the off lead pics to put up in the dally thread.

sc you have done a great job.... aren't you glad you stuck it out? he's turning into a family member.

this might be a bit rude... but rottie lover asked me in the dally thread did sophie need anything...

she will need a second hand dog jacket.

if there is one out there...it needs not to be flash but warm.

we get snow if we are unlucky, but some days the day temp does not get above 10degrees. the deal with mr clydes is he won't let her in the house unsupervised untill 100% toilet trained which is fair. often our dogs go out with him into the shop.... so it get cold.

at my place while i am at work they have a large dog door and veeranda acess so toilet training not such an issue there. she is fine in the crate over night. no need to let her out last night. she will pick house training up quickly i think but it all depends on her back ground of which we know very little.

Ok, look, let's get one for her. She can't be out in the cold.

They're as cheap as chips on ebay. I'll get her a cheap one, see how it goes. They have cheap weatherbeetas on ebay. If she destroys it, who care's..

PM me a size.

Edited by RottyLover01

how bout tomorrow before work?

tape measure in the shed which is locked and its -2.5 outside.... thats my way of saying to cold and too lazy :rofl:

there are so many in rescues atm.... horus is full... etc....please she won't know if we find pre loved.

rottielover you are a caring person... and welcome in the dally thread please don't feel that your not!

i had a fair idea of what i was getting into with sophie... taken on some weird strays a times, from human, doggie, horsey drew the line a ferret sitting.... have had em too.

:laugh: thanks rottie.....in the last 10min she has plonked on the dogue couch... first relax of the day.

how bout tomorrow before work?

tape measure in the shed which is locked and its -2.5 outside.... thats my way of saying to cold and too lazy :rofl:

there are so many in rescues atm.... horus is full... etc....please she won't know if we find pre loved.

rottielover you are a caring person... and welcome in the dally thread please don't feel that your not!

i had a fair idea of what i was getting into with sophie... taken on some weird strays a times, from human, doggie, horsey drew the line a ferret sitting.... have had em too.

:laugh: thanks rottie.....in the last 10min she has plonked on the dogue couch... first relax of the day.

Tomorrow is fine. That way she'll get it this week. Colour will be a lucky dip. All i ask in return is for you to post a pic of her with it

for all of us to see/

( Will need your postal address too )

huge break thru this morning.

woodbyne said she is a bit shy around men... well this morning OH and her had a cuddle on the dog couch..... oh and when he sits on it she will wriggle round behind him and snuggle into his back...

lets say he's a bit smitten, and can't understand why anyone would dump her.

thanks for your dontation rottie... tis very much appreciated.... photos will be posted.... if she will stand still long enough.

pm sent.

Could we possibly have some pictures :grouphug:

Good idea !

P.S. Bloody coat still hasn't turned up here yet. At this rate Sophie won't get it this week now. ;)

Edited by RottyLover01

i have been sick with a nasty cough..coughing worse than a cat with a hair ball... ;) :grouphug:

i have tryed to take nice pic but sophie doesn't sit still.... there are some old ones in the dally thread... if i can get her to be still i will try to shrink and post just feeling lousy.....

her new nick name is queen pee'r (thanks for that woodbyne) :cry: :cry:

she thinks the carpet is the best place to pee!