Snugglesafe....are They A Success ?

Trishm

I am thinking of getting one of these for my elderly whippet who at present sleeps snuggles under my quilt, I am concerned about her jumping off the bed, she will not climb down the steps that she uses to get up onto the bed, so I am hoping that if I put one of these in a bed beside my bed, she may be happy to sleep there.

This would allow me to sleep instead of waking up everytime that she moves in case she needs to be lifted off the bed. :thumbsup:

Also does anyone know of a good price, I have found variations of $30 when I googled.

We use these in our vet practice with great success.

You eliminate the risk of scolding (which is high with hot water bottles) and they keep their heat longer.

place it under her blanket though, don't allow direct contact with the skin to be safe.

Or put a hot water bottle cover around it.

I think you can get covers for them too.

I am not sure what a good price is as we get them through a veterinary supply company, but this price seems quite good. Not too much of a mark up on what we pay.

http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/product_info.php/products_id/683

We got one for Riley when he was a pup . I pulled it out off the cupboard the other day (After about 8 years of no use!) and heated it up and it still works! Riley gets it under his blanket on cold days now.

We got one for Heidi when she was a pup, but now she is firmly wedged in bed with OH and myself. Plenty of warmth to go around. I now use the head pad for myself when I'm sitting on the lounge watching tv... stays warm for ages and ages.

lol I also use mine in bed for me, keeps my back better in winter.

Have you thought about making a cushioned landing area for her, so her jumping off isn't going to cause any harm?

Have you thought about making a cushioned landing area for her, so her jumping off isn't going to cause any harm?

I've got mine on my back right now as I sit here at the computer. :thumbsup:

It would be unsafe for her to land on a cushioned area, it is much safer for her to land on a stable surface, the worry with her jumping off is that she is getting a bit wobbly on her old legs these days, and is sore around the neck and shoulder area, but she still seems quite confident to jump, it is me that is paranoid.

Thanks for caring though.

She is on meds for arthritus and pain etc.

Thanks for the replies, I will go ahead and order one for her, sounds like we may even share :thumbsup: