Deltaderm Demadex Wash

Hi Everyone,

I've been waiting patiently for this wash to become avail. again in stores (it hasn't been available for quite a while now!!), and I'm really wanting a little bit...soooo... I was wondering if any of you amazing DOL's might have a bottle sitting around at home that I might be able to borrow???? I'll pay postage and everything :D .

Thank you very muchly - feel free to PM me!!!!!

Thanks, Lottie and Beth!!!!!!!

Can I ask what you are needing it for?

It is nasty stuff and I only used it when I absolutely has to, but still protested loudly!

Hi Rommi n Lewis :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know it's really nasty stuff, but because Lottie is an Australian Shepherd, she can't have Ivermectin or any related products - she has a localised patch of Demodex on her face which we were hoping to go away by itself (immune system), but it just seems to be getting bigger - i've been washing it with pyrohex and malasab, and also giving her milbimycin, but it just doesn't seem to be helping - It was suggested that I try some diluted and dab it only on her spot on her face... I just really really don't want this to become generalised!!! :thumbsup:

Can I ask what you are needing it for?

It is nasty stuff and I only used it when I absolutely has to, but still protested loudly!

Hi Rommi n Lewis :eek:

Yeah, I know it's really nasty stuff, but because Lottie is an Australian Shepherd, she can't have Ivermectin or any related products - she has a localised patch of Demodex on her face which we were hoping to go away by itself (immune system), but it just seems to be getting bigger - i've been washing it with pyrohex and malasab, and also giving her milbimycin, but it just doesn't seem to be helping - It was suggested that I try some diluted and dab it only on her spot on her face... I just really really don't want this to become generalised!!! :hug:

Yep Shyla had that exact!! problem a patch of demodex on her muzzle which started to look quite bare. I was given the demadex wash and used it twice but it stank sooo much I gave up on it and her hair grew back in about a month, I think it was just the type of demodex that comes when a dog is under 1yo and goes away with age (happens when their immune systems get a bit out of whack as a puppy but then they get stronger and fight it off themselves)

I have some of the stuff here but I am in Melb! I think though that it's probably just something that will clear up on it's own :rofl:

Edited to add pic (she was about 7mths old? i think)

demodex.jpg

Edited by ~ShelleAndShyla~

Yep Shyla had that exact!! problem a patch of demodex on her muzzle which started to look quite bare. I was given the demadex wash and used it twice but it stank sooo much I gave up on it and her hair grew back in about a month, I think it was just the type of demodex that comes when a dog is under 1yo and goes away with age (happens when their immune systems get a bit out of whack as a puppy but then they get stronger and fight it off themselves)

I have some of the stuff here but I am in Melb! I think though that it's probably just something that will clear up on it's own :)

Edited to add pic (she was about 7mths old? i think)

demodex.jpg

Thanks for that info Shyla!!! I am hoping it just clears up, but i'm probably just being paranoid!!! I would hate for it to go generalised!!! I think i'll wait another 2 or so weeks to see if it's healing any better... but seeing that on your girls face, it looks VERY similar to Lotties!!! and similar size as well!!!!