Excellent Guard Dog!

lanabanana

I am really quite proud!

So, I come home yesterday to a note under my door mat asking me to contact some tree people regarding access to our back yard or "tying up of the big black dog".

I call the number and they are basically removing the tree from the neighbours yard - the tree leans on our fence and over our yard. Its a really big tree. Anyway, they need access to our yard but "the big black dog" was going "nuts".

The guy kept saying to me what a great guard dog, hes excellent, you dont have to worry about anyone getting in with him there, he was scary etc etc.

Obviously they tried hanging ot getting over the fence.

They dont need to know that the "big black dog" is a "big fat sooky" and I am quite proud of the fact he is a good guard dog - had no idea (as obviously, people come to the front door when we are home LOL).

Stupid I know and probably not much to be proud of but I am!

I often wonder how our two would react in a situation like that.

One guy surveying the yard next door asked me to put him inside for a minute as he was near the lower edge of our fence and he said Mosley looked like he was going to jump over at him :) To lick him to death maybe!

*Glances over at the big lump of sookiness attached to the couch*

No better deterrant than a big dog in the yard!

I was proud of Kaiser tonight, my 14yo Daughter went to the door to recieve the pizza for the first time and he gave a couple of barks from behind the fence. He never does this when I answer the door, so it must of been in protection of my daughter.

A couple of years ago we were getting our side fence replaced ... but of course we were where not sure when they were arriving to start the job. Fencing guys had been told to let us know when they were arriving so I could lock up the rottie. They happened to turn up when I had raced up to the shops for a moment ... of course no phone call. They had started to remove the fence when the neighbour stopped them and pointed to the dog kennel (kids cubby house) and told them it was too small for the dog. They promptly stopped removing the fence and called me to let me know they had arrived.

The poor dog was sound asleep in the garage after a busy night at work (working security) so he really didn't care at that point who was touching his fence.

Its a great feeling to know your home is safe when you are away.

I had a man fixing the drive way one day, and as you do he need some water to finish up. Up he walks to the tap unbeknown to him that's where Boss's favorite stand and watching hidey hole is, boss comes running down barking and carrying on (behind a fence of course) THEN my cat hears the commotion so he comes running out he starts hissing and swiping at the poor fellow.... :laugh: poor fella didn't get the job finished till my farther arrived home.