My Dog Is A Ninja

I have a better one.

I was baking dog cookies for my Dane's birthday, we were going to take these 100 bone-shaped beef cookies with liver frosting to the breeder and have a litter birthday party. I put half of them in a tupperware flip-top-lid box on the counter, took the baking trays, turned to the sink, ran the water, put the trays in the sink, turned back....

and she was sitting on the bench next to the cookie box, just looking at me. I ordered her off, and wondered why she was up there.

Half an hour later, I took the two boxes out to the car. I put the first one on the seat, and was left holding a box that felt oddly light.

I opened it.

A singular cookie remained at the bottom. I was so stunned I actually tipped the box upside down and shook it, and then flipped it back over and peered into it. I searched the kitchen, the oven, even in the sink. I was left standing in the kitchen, a hand to my head, saying aloud "Did I bake...50? But I thought....two trays?..."

Then, I saw it. A Dane, slumbering peacefully on her mat. An outsider would have seen only my eyes narrow. I marched over, yanked her jaws open, and beheld a liver-frosted mouth, crumbs littering her jowls.

She had somehow managed to get on the counter, open the box, eat the cookies, close the box, and then look innocent.

and people tell me dogs are stupid! HA!

:):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the belly laugh!

About the Crate Escape and houdini dog...

I've seen video of a dog squeezing through the (metal mesh) crate through the corners where the sides join up. I figure my dog could probably do that so I cable tie the corners. Those lip-hook over things just don't seem adequate if a dog is determined to push through. So a sufficiently flexible crate - the sides would simply spring back after dog had departed.

I used to live with a cat that could open the flyscreen on my window and slide through too. I used to faciliate this by leaving at least one of the catches undone or he'd go though the flyscreen mesh instead of between the frame and the wall. And I've known a few animals who were quite good at door handles and one horse who could undo any gate latch except a combo lock with bike chain - if he'd thought about it long enough I think he could have busted that by leaning on it. But all those key hole loop over hook things or snap shackles were a breeze for him. And he'd learned to test electric fences with his whiskers so he knew if the power was off / batteries were flat.

Hmm i dont know about a ninja - more like omnipresent. You will see her dissappear in one direction and as you are looking in that direction she will come thundering in behind you - no idea how she does it :)

Flute is a Ninja in training - she can surf the bench quietly, locate an object quietly but the problem is then she will try and sneak it into her crate. To do this she must go straight through the loungeroom where we are sitting watching tv :rofl: She always seems a bit perplexed when she gets busted. :rofl:

About the Crate Escape and houdini dog...

I've seen video of a dog squeezing through the (metal mesh) crate through the corners where the sides join up. I figure my dog could probably do that so I cable tie the corners. Those lip-hook over things just don't seem adequate if a dog is determined to push through. So a sufficiently flexible crate - the sides would simply spring back after dog had departed.

I used to live with a cat that could open the flyscreen on my window and slide through too. I used to faciliate this by leaving at least one of the catches undone or he'd go though the flyscreen mesh instead of between the frame and the wall. And I've known a few animals who were quite good at door handles and one horse who could undo any gate latch except a combo lock with bike chain - if he'd thought about it long enough I think he could have busted that by leaning on it. But all those key hole loop over hook things or snap shackles were a breeze for him. And he'd learned to test electric fences with his whiskers so he knew if the power was off / batteries were flat.

I think rover just happened to open his crate, and then when he tried to get back into it he accidently locked it.......

Or maybe thats what he Wants me to think :rofl:

Hmm i dont know about a ninja - more like omnipresent. You will see her dissappear in one direction and as you are looking in that direction she will come thundering in behind you - no idea how she does it :)

Flute is a Ninja in training - she can surf the bench quietly, locate an object quietly but the problem is then she will try and sneak it into her crate. To do this she must go straight through the loungeroom where we are sitting watching tv :rofl: She always seems a bit perplexed when she gets busted. :rofl:

:rofl: Poor Flute

:shrug: OMG my sides hurt from laughing. We have a ninja dog too. He creeps up behind you just as you are about to step backwards...KERSPLAT! *big slobbery kisses* ARGH!! GITITOFFME! *very pleased looking dog*

DA-we also have an omnipresent dog, does the same thing, disappears in one direction only to come up behind you.