My Dog Is A Ninja

I seriously think my dog Rover is the sneakiest ninja dog around!

Reason number 1, he can get of a bean bag, walk across tiled floors, without any sound (including letting his martingale and metal tag jungle, or nails click on the floor) to sneak into the kitchen and troll for leftover bits that may be on the floor. Or to lie behind you silently so that you will fall over him when you step backwards and hopefully spill all the food you've been chopping up onto the floor.

Reason number 2, the way he gets Riddick to play! He'll lie on his back, eyes closed, apparently fast asleep.. and then when Riddick wander innocently past he snakes out his head and grabs one of his back legs and flips him over :thumbsup:

Reason number 3, he somehow managed to get out of his locked crate, and when we came downstairs the crate was Still locked!!!

NINJA! :laugh:

Anyone else's dog a sneaky ninja?

Reason number 3, he somehow managed to get out of his locked crate, and when we came downstairs the crate was Still locked!!!

Say what???

One of my dogs somehow managed to get to the Christmas presents one year and eat all the foil-wrapped chocolate santas that had been taped to the gifts, somehow leaving the foil in tact. There were a few disappointed faces on Christmas day, which I thought was hilarious.

I swear my cat Hyacinth can walk through locked closed sliding screen doors. I know that she can open the sliding screen door if it's closed but not locked but seriously I'm 100% certain she was in the house, the sliding screen door was locked so she couldn't open it and the next thing I know she is at the door on the outside wanting to come in :thumbsup:

I have a better one.

I was baking dog cookies for my Dane's birthday, we were going to take these 100 bone-shaped beef cookies with liver frosting to the breeder and have a litter birthday party. I put half of them in a tupperware flip-top-lid box on the counter, took the baking trays, turned to the sink, ran the water, put the trays in the sink, turned back....

and she was sitting on the bench next to the cookie box, just looking at me. I ordered her off, and wondered why she was up there.

Half an hour later, I took the two boxes out to the car. I put the first one on the seat, and was left holding a box that felt oddly light.

I opened it.

A singular cookie remained at the bottom. I was so stunned I actually tipped the box upside down and shook it, and then flipped it back over and peered into it. I searched the kitchen, the oven, even in the sink. I was left standing in the kitchen, a hand to my head, saying aloud "Did I bake...50? But I thought....two trays?..."

Then, I saw it. A Dane, slumbering peacefully on her mat. An outsider would have seen only my eyes narrow. I marched over, yanked her jaws open, and beheld a liver-frosted mouth, crumbs littering her jowls.

She had somehow managed to get on the counter, open the box, eat the cookies, close the box, and then look innocent.

and people tell me dogs are stupid! HA!

I swear my cat Hyacinth can walk through locked closed sliding screen doors. I know that she can open the sliding screen door if it's closed but not locked but seriously I'm 100% certain she was in the house, the sliding screen door was locked so she couldn't open it and the next thing I know she is at the door on the outside wanting to come in :thumbsup:

Sabella my GSD opens sliding doors, amongst others. Our back door used to have one of those large old-fashioned keys and she unlocked it once, probably by accident though. Another time I caught her trying to open a window, thankfully the latch was a bit stiff, but she was performing the right action (pushing it to the side, not just batting at it). Another time she wanted to come inside so she smashed the window to get in.

Charche is a sniper. *pls refer to the shneaky stafford under the doona* :laugh:

4686797845_4e0ac56fb1.jpg

:winner: OMG that is such a good photo.

Jet is very sneaky when it comes to bins! he manages to be at my feet one minute then next thing you know he is in the bin eating left overs :thumbsup::cheers:

One of my little dogs does what we refer to as 'ninja pees'. She barely stops - she does a super quick squat with her right leg off the ground, pees, then continues on like nothing happened.

Heavypaws, that's hysterical - I laughed out loud!!!

Sasha is a bit of a ninja... she can open the sliding door without a sound, manage to walk through the house and stand right behind you without a tink of her claws, only to scare the crap outta you when you turn around and see the innocent 'what?' gaze and wagging tail... if she could say 'BOO' it would be perfect.

On the flip side (and the really eerie side), she can open the sliding door silently, and you won't know a thing until you hear only tick tick tick of claws hitting the tiles... you know she's there somewhere, lurking, and you can look everywhere, but she's like an invisible ninja... nowhere to be seen, but still the haunting tick tick tick of nails...

My current dog is a very noisy counter surfer. Unfortunately I'm not very good at moving quietly enough to catch her in the act so the counter is currently loaded with tin cans and vicks vapor rub. Dog repellent I hope. She's just learned to jump on to high platforms (car back seat excepted for some reason).

Our previous family dog could remove a chocolate bar from a cherry ripe wrapper and leave the whole thing in place looking like it still had a chocolate bar in it. She also could climb a 3m straight tree trunk into the first fork and scare the daylights out of people walking by. Especially when the story about an escaped panther was doing the rounds. She was big and black with yellow eyes.

After the cherry ripe incident, we had second thoughts about Azaria Chamberlain's jacket. Yes a dog could do that.

My beagle can open the pantry, remove a can of dog food (emergency supplies), open the can and devour the entire can without making a sound. The only noise you'll hear is her bottom letting me know what she has been up too. Bugger does it smell!!!! :thumbsup:

Say what???

One of my dogs somehow managed to get to the Christmas presents one year and eat all the foil-wrapped chocolate santas that had been taped to the gifts, somehow leaving the foil in tact. There were a few disappointed faces on Christmas day, which I thought was hilarious.

As in, he was sitting on the floor Outside of his locked crate. NINJA!!!

I have a better one.

I was baking dog cookies for my Dane's birthday, we were going to take these 100 bone-shaped beef cookies with liver frosting to the breeder and have a litter birthday party. I put half of them in a tupperware flip-top-lid box on the counter, took the baking trays, turned to the sink, ran the water, put the trays in the sink, turned back....

and she was sitting on the bench next to the cookie box, just looking at me. I ordered her off, and wondered why she was up there.

Half an hour later, I took the two boxes out to the car. I put the first one on the seat, and was left holding a box that felt oddly light.

I opened it.

A singular cookie remained at the bottom. I was so stunned I actually tipped the box upside down and shook it, and then flipped it back over and peered into it. I searched the kitchen, the oven, even in the sink. I was left standing in the kitchen, a hand to my head, saying aloud "Did I bake...50? But I thought....two trays?..."

Then, I saw it. A Dane, slumbering peacefully on her mat. An outsider would have seen only my eyes narrow. I marched over, yanked her jaws open, and beheld a liver-frosted mouth, crumbs littering her jowls.

She had somehow managed to get on the counter, open the box, eat the cookies, close the box, and then look innocent.

and people tell me dogs are stupid! HA!

:eek:

Thats fantastic. I'm glad I don't have the only ninja

I love the photo becandcharch!!!

I have witness the Ninja Rover.. one minute he was at the dog way and next he was under my feet. Never heard him or see him move!!! :thumbsup:

:laugh: He's too big to be that sneaky.

He's like the creepy stalker you see in some weird photos :love:

:love: He does too!

:eek: Great photo Bec.

No ninja dogs here .... :D

DSCF3040.jpg

DSCF3052.jpg

:eek:

What dogs? I don't see any dogs...

Lovemesideways, that bed was *perfectly made* when I left for work and that bag of clean laundry *perfectly stacked*.

I love the tiny tips of the ears between the two white pillows though.

That's how I knew he was in there. I said "where is doglet?" and these two little ears pricked up ... :thumbsup:

Our previous family dog could remove a chocolate bar from a cherry ripe wrapper and leave the whole thing in place looking like it still had a chocolate bar in it. She also could climb a 3m straight tree trunk into the first fork and scare the daylights out of people walking by. Especially when the story about an escaped panther was doing the rounds. She was big and black with yellow eyes.

:thumbsup::laugh: I would've loved to see that!

My old Maltese, Kayleigh, used to sleep in the bed with us at night. She normally sleeps at our feet but finds her way under the covers some time throughout the night. One night the OH and I were staying up late talking, and we realized that Kayleigh wasn't by our feet anymore. I felt something wet licking my ear and the sneaky puppy had somehow managed to belly crawl all the way from the foot of the bed to lie horizontally on the pillow above our heads without us noticing!

Lovemesideways, that bed was *perfectly made* when I left for work and that bag of clean laundry *perfectly stacked*.

I love the tiny tips of the ears between the two white pillows though.

That's how I knew he was in there. I said "where is doglet?" and these two little ears pricked up ... :rofl:

Sneaky puppy :)