Where Can You Buy Turkey Necks?

Stitch

I have been buying turkey necks at Woolworths but they are sooooo expensive there.

Does anyone know another place to get them north of Brisbane that is a bit cheaper???

:laugh:

I get them from Woolies too...are you the reason my local was sold out today? :(

Will try Jack Purcells when I get some more room in the freezer.

The ones from Woollies are about a hand span long.

These are just the ends off the big ones, (full necks)

the big ones are any where from 12 to 14 inches long.

The base of one of the large ones would fit tightly in a coffee cup.

They also taper from about 1 inch

I buy mine at Woodridge on station road opposite the train station nearly on the corner. They sell them I think for 12kg $48 frozen. Our woolies doesn't sell turkeynecks?

Boy have they gone up in price.

When I was there I used to purchase a carton for $36 from them.

Many thanks for that guys.

I didn't realise that Purcells sold turkey necks but I have to say that their chicken necks are not cheap, I wonder what their turkey necks sell for.

They used to be cheap but I guess they realised chicken necks were very popular so they 'jacked' the price up!! :laugh:

Big Gun butchers, I haven't heard of them but I will look them up but I would need them to be fresh if I bought in quantity so I could bag them up in smaller lots and freeze them.

:laugh:

Many thanks for that guys.

I didn't realise that Purcells sold turkey necks but I have to say that their chicken necks are not cheap, I wonder what their turkey necks sell for.

They used to be cheap but I guess they realised chicken necks were very popular so they 'jacked' the price up!! :D

Big Gun butchers, I haven't heard of them but I will look them up but I would need them to be fresh if I bought in quantity so I could bag them up in smaller lots and freeze them.

:rofl:

All Turkey necks usually come frozen. Just thaw and re package. I have been doing it for years.

Went to Big Dog at Lawnton today and was very pleased with the selection of raw food and also the price of turkey necks.

Turkey necks were huge (and frozen) so I have to work out a way of cutting them in half.

Also got some kangaroo tail so I will see how they go. ;)