New Training Method Is Working

Gamby and I entered our first Open Obed Trial yesterday. Wow, I was a new person in the ring, I just concentrated on what I had to do.

Gambit well, he started to do his own usual thing, I don't want to be here, someone might get me, then all of a sudden he kicked into gear. I was so happy with him.

Then onto the other exercises. Our new training method has changed and he finished the exercise by himself. Yes I can cope with that.

Then onto the drop on recall, Wow, it was so out of this world. He came at a great pace, dropped immediately when the signal was given and came happily to me, but finished by himself. I can cope with that too.

The sits and down, well a rotti beside him was very unsettled and upset not only Gambit but other dogs too.

Yep you guessed it, I can cope with that too. It was an amazing magical day.

I can't wait to go training and entering another trial to try the new Gambit and me.

Nope not telling my new method. There is nothing extraordinary in it, just me concentrating on what I'm doing and not worrying about the dog

This was supposed to be in the 2010 Brag section

post-6277-1277723612_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gamby

Yay Gamby!!

I know just how you feel,and I would like to thank all the trainers who regularly contribute to this thread.

I have had questions answered I didn't even know to ask and learned heaps.

Moss at 3 yrs seems like she is coming out of a very long adolecence.

Now she responds with the speed she used to reserve for any distraction and is learning faster than I ever thought a dog could be taken so casualy(as opposed to doing regular formal obedience classes) So nice to have her listening to me 1st,not the 'roos poking their heads out from every 2nd bush here .

Thanks people!!