All This Talk About Layers....

persephone

:rofl:

I don't have photoshop...

but using a 'texture' I photographed , photo pos. pro and picasa - my two free editing programs, and a couple of hours freezing in the room where puter lives .. I managed this - and am fairly pleased with myself for a first attempt !!

post-1359-1278504290_thumb.jpg

Thanks, kirislin

Ha!

maybe tonight I will have a look again - I just got enthused yesterday :) Doesn't happen often these days . I photographed a likely looking surface - and, using layers etc made it my 'texture' .

It was fun , so I shall try again , definitely!

:)

Love your "wood-wool" - cleverpants Persephone!

We're fidgetting with background textures using bark and ferns desaturated and soft-blended to death, not really liking any of them enough. Can't get the fine balance between it being just a texture, or too obviously a photograph. (Looking to use them as background on cards under hand-coloured stamps or die-cuts). It is still in early stages, but the card-making mixing photography and other media is coming along.

So I'll take inspiration from "wood-wool" - I think the that's the correct technical term for stealing an idea - and see what I can do with a cashmere goat before they shed.

Separately, we have a great little collection of stamps and die-cuts of pigs, I always think of April and will for sure show you how they turn out when some cards are made up. Need some good piggy captions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PossumCorner- looking forward to seeing the results:)!

Shell&shyla- do you have photoshop?

using layers takes a bit of getting comfortable with- but it's fun practising.

Layers are like sheets of cellophane/plastic - covered in another image/colour/texture/writing.

You basically have different things on different layers, then place them in order on an image..and 'blend' them - so it becomes a sungle image :vomit:

THIS may help? :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
PossumCorner- looking forward to seeing the results:)!

Shell&shyla- do you have photoshop?

using layers takes a bit of getting comfortable with- but it's fun practising.

Layers are like sheets of cellophane/plastic - covered in another image/colour/texture/writing.

You basically have different things on different layers, then place them in order on an image..and 'blend' them - so it becomes a sungle image :rofl:

THIS may help? :rofl:

Thanks heaps!! I totally forgot about this thread til now sorry for the late reply!