Eagle Pack Duck

I am trying everything to try to get weight on our HamiltonStovare. He can not eat anything with much fat. We have been trialling him on Eagle Pack Salmon, Anchovy and Sardine and I was thinking even though he loes the food, I might give him a change in flavour. Eagle Pack duck only has 1% more fat than the Salmom and Anchovy.

I know that quite a few DOLers feed the salmon and anchovy formula but I was wondering if anyone feeds the duck formula and whether your dogs liked it?

hello!

I needed to put weight on our 11 yo blue cattle dog, so the vet suggested puppy food as the calories are denser. I have her on Supercoat dry puppy food and lamb flaps or lamb off-cuts and she put on weight easily. Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Lis :laugh:

I have had success with the Eagle Pack Power formula for getting weight on.

If you look on EP's website the Anchovy food is actually recommended for less active dogs and weight management. I was feeding it and was frustrated at how skinny Boo was then read their site...

Hi Norskgra

I feed Kody the Duck formula and he is doing wonderfully on it.

I would suggest that you contact EP directly and explain your situation, as they have kindly offered me advice in the past and also sent me out samples for free.

Phone: 1300 8 EAGLE

(1300 8 32453)

Fax: 61 3 9921 9921

[email protected]

Also don't forget with the Super Premium foods, you can take the food back for an exchange/refund if you dog doesn't like it/do well on it. I had no problems doing this with another brand when Kody was itchy on it.

I have had success with the Eagle Pack Power formula for getting weight on.

If you look on EP's website the Anchovy food is actually recommended for less active dogs and weight management. I was feeding it and was frustrated at how skinny Boo was then read their site...

Thanks Danois. The reason we started him on the Salmon and Anchovy is because he can't eat any food with too much fat. The Power and anything fatty goes straight through him since he had part of his intestine removed. We are feeding him low fat but frequently.

Thanks KM. I did contact Eagle Pack and they also suggested the Salmon and Anchovy or the Duck after discussing his problems with their vet in the US.

Would the dog eat porridge made with goats milk?

I never thought of porridge but we have some here and I can get some goats milk tomorrow. He seems to eat anything which is why he had to have some of his intestines removed due to a blockage. :laugh:

I mix 1 cup of rolled oats (just homebrand ones) with about 1.25 cups of water and microwave for 3 mins. Let it sit for a few mins and then pour over milk (I've been using rice milk but others use goats milk) until it is the same consistency as you'd eat it. I mix it through his kibble for breakfast.

I mix 1 cup of rolled oats (just homebrand ones) with about 1.25 cups of water and microwave for 3 mins. Let it sit for a few mins and then pour over milk (I've been using rice milk but others use goats milk) until it is the same consistency as you'd eat it. I mix it through his kibble for breakfast.

Thanks Danois. I will give it a try after I go shopping tomorrow. At this stage, I am prepared to try just about anything.

:hug: tell me about it. I lost track of the number of people who told me my dog was too skinny.

I found I got weight on him by feeding him 5-6 small meals a day (this was post gastropexy so kibble were softened). Porridge has helped too.

http://www.lauckemills.com.au/dogfood1.html

Have you tried their feed? I hear it's great quality, made in Australia, cheap and wonderful for putting condition on dogs.

Yes, SAS I have tried Brock on both Great Barko and Uncle Albers and lets just say his bowel motions were just water. :hug: It has far too much fat content for him. A couple of my Elkies are fed it because they were hard to get weight on due to their lines and it is great food for them.

I was forced to buy Duck last week as there is no salmon to be had in NSW!! grrr EP!! Dogs are very happy with it! Slightly looser poo but I hope that might sort itself out. They can use some more weight so should be OK. I was on fish for her skin so how that works out remains to be seen :rofl:)