Rspca Raffle

Luke GSP

I got a phone call today from the RSPCA selling raffle tickets. They gave me licence numbers etc but i just wanted to check whether anyone on here new if it was genuine?

I really don't want this thread to turn in to an rspca bashing exercise, I know some people disagree with them etc but I really just want to know if it was a genuine call or just someone trying to get my details.

Thanks

The Rural Fire Brigade (or some company raising funds for them) calls here and my silly DH actually gives them his credit card deatils. :laugh:

Fortunately they do seem legit and we do get tickets. Never won anyuthing tho. But I am really freaked out becuase he just doesn't seem to "get it" that it could be anybody on the phone asking for his details. Sure they do ask for him by name, but ANYBODY could do that.

I had a call just a couple of days ago from some children's cancer research mob wanting to sell raflle tickets too.

So it seems that is the latset fund raising fad out there.

Maybe the same company doing it for all of them for all we know. And maiking a nice commission out of our "donations" no doubt. :eek:

Anyone who phones here selling raffle tickets is told to send the info sheet out where we will fill in our details & return.

Very easy to weed out the legit & non legit tjis way.Many never send there stuff out

Anyone who phones here selling raffle tickets is told to send the info sheet out where we will fill in our details & return.

Very easy to weed out the legit & non legit tjis way.Many never send there stuff out

Yep - only one mob I know have ever sent out stuff. And even then, not always. Only two out of three occasions. Then, on the last one, they could not even get the order right. :thumbsup: It was treated as a "donation" and a receipt sent for that. They were not even going to send the goods until I rang up. Then they sent a wrong item. They are history now.

I stubbornly refuse to deal with ANY telemarketers. Even tho many "charitable" people try to tell me they are not telemarketers because they are a "charity".

I tell those ones that since they have interfered with our dinner (or the preparation thereof), stopped a family conversation and are trying to sell me something I don't want, they are a telemarketer, no matter who gets the profit from the exercise. :welcome:

I stubbornly refuse to deal with ANY telemarketers. Even tho many "charitable" people try to tell me they are not telemarketers because they are a "charity".

I tell those ones that since they have interfered with our dinner (or the preparation thereof), stopped a family conversation and are trying to sell me something I don't want, they are a telemarketer, no matter who gets the profit from the exercise. :hug:

Same.