Dr Phil - On Now

sheree_e4

I've never seen the Rescue Ink show but found a book by them in the library and even wrote down some of the stuff they said about how a dog becomes conditioned to neglect or abuse and will lash out at a rescuer because for all they know they might be taking them somewhere even worse. It made a lot of sense to me. And wouldn't you love to be so intimidating you could just turn up at some arseholes house and get them to hand over their abused dog to you? I would! "Yeah buddy, if you don't want to book yourself in for knee cap surgery then this is how we are going to do it....."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who commit acts against animals are at the starting pegs of something else....and that's why I personaly believe they should be perscuted to the full extent of the law and monitored.

Sick.

+1

I worked in statutory child protection for many years there is plenty of evidence that children who torture animals go on to commit other serious crimes like murder. It is also true that if the animal is being abused by an adult in the house then it is highly likely that there is dysfunction amongst the human family members like dv between the parents or abuse by one or more parent upon the children. It is all linked.

People who commit acts against animals are at the starting pegs of something else....and that's why I personaly believe they should be perscuted to the full extent of the law and monitored.

Sick.

+1

I worked in statutory child protection for many years there is plenty of evidence that children who torture animals go on to commit other serious crimes like murder. It is also true that if the animal is being abused by an adult in the house then it is highly likely that there is dysfunction amongst the human family members like dv between the parents or abuse by one or more parent upon the children. It is all linked.

Absolutely. Great posts. This sounds like a really interesting, if harrowing, episode. Does anyone know if there's somewhere I can watch online? I'll google it but if anyone has a known link that'd be great.

FranCQ, there's bits and pieces of it around on youtube if you hunt for it.

(the above is the part with the guy kicking the dog in the lift, it's pretty horrible)

This is a really touching anti-dogfighting ad.

Look on the Dr Phil website...

It was pretty horrible to watch. I laughed when Paris said she wanted to punch that guy in the face!!!! Only she could get away with it!

The clip of the dog in the elevator... he was so little and so cute and that brute... he should be shot. The dog wasn't even doing anything!!!! He was just sitting there!!!! No act of self defense there! No excuse.

Good on the Dr Phil show for bringing this subject to light. The more attention it gets hopefully the more people will become more aware.

Harrowing to watch but worth it to see that against all the horrid people there are out there, there are others fighting for animals & their rights. The Rescue Ink guys were amazing & I will be checking out their website to hear more about them.

Personally I'd love a few quiet minutes alone in an elevator with that guy they showed!! Gutless arsehole, wonder how he'd like it if I kicked the shit out of him?!

Dont normally like Dr Phil but kudos to him for bringing some publicity to this and the donations he made at the end

Paris Hilton telling people to rescue and not to buy at pet shops - has to go down as the first intelligent thing I have ever heard her say :laugh:

I caught it from the start, my first instinct was like other's to turn it off and save my tears and anger but I watched it.

I really could not believe the first guy, he disgusted me, the way he tried to justify his actions as if that made them okay.

The guy in the elevator had me in tears :laugh:. The way he kept getting the dog up only to kick it down again :D. Then with the phone call from some one trying to 'justify his behaviour saying he regretted it and he had been in a bad mood etc. I don't care..you know..how many of us can say we have bad moods and manage to not harm an animal?..There is no excuse for what he did-NONE

I loved when Rescue Ink came out--those guys are awesome for what they do, and I love seeing them use their appearance to intimidate an animal abuser. Just goes to show the old ''Don't judge people by how they look'' saying.

The animal hording one was hard to watch too...knowing the conditions those poor animals were living in.

I really do not like Paris Hilton--but I did agree with her when she said about punching that guy.

I also liked how Dr Phil mentioned his dog being a rescue dog and how they showed a few rescue dogs available.

OMG - horrendous. Go Rescue Inc. I see some orthopedic surgeons have a raise in income after these guys have visited an area. They should do the same to the idiot dog owners as they have done to the dogs.

That poor dog in the elevator. The dog jumps up and it looks as though he pats it then he sends it flying and lays in the boot again, whilst holding the lead. Me/him/elevator/baseball bat!

That guy with the dog fightning ring should just be shot, only good thing for him. He will not be able o be rehabed if he is that twisted. Best he is removed from society

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

I love Rescue Ink. They are just amazing people. :laugh:

Paris Hilton might be telling people to adopt from rescue, but isn't she letting her chi's breed like rabbits at her house? And how many pets has she gone through! Seriously, not someone I want involved in rescue.

I couldn't get over how the dog fighting guy truly believed the law was wrong and it was a sport that was perfectly acceptable, he was so wrong on so many levels, it's sad to think people like him are real. :rofl:

Also he openly admitted to killing more than 200 dogs and seemed fine with it???? I wonder if that was an edited number or he just has no shame. I was hoping Rescue Inc would beat the shit out of him, see if he likes it, like he think his dogs do.

I missed the show so was checking out clips on You Tube and the arsewipe who was kicking the small dog in the elevator was arrested for what he did. The dog had no broken bones or internal damage from the kicking. I hope the girlfriend dumped him too.

OMG - I made the mistake of checking out other abuse clips on You Tube and now I feel physically sick. The neglect and abuse of some dogs is more than I can imagine any living thing suffering through. There is a pit bull on there called Loius Vitton who was set on fire and survived. Their will to live and trust in humans must be incredibly strong. I'm not sure we deserve their love after seeing those images. No more for me.

I think the most heartbreaking and disgusting thing about dog fighting is how the dogs do it because that's what their masters want. Their loyalty is abused to such an extent, their bravery is twisted and warped for entertainment's sake, their love of people is used against them.

And yet the breed and the dogs involved continue to be loyal, continue to love, continue to fight just to please somebody.

If a child of mine grew up to abuse an animal like the elevator man, like the dog fighting man, or like anyone else I see on Rescue Ink, I would without a second thought, disown them and do my best to see them punished to the full extent of the law.

Animal abuse nestles in the darkest pits of a depraved soul, rubbing shoulders with child abuse, murder, rape, and domestic abuse. Anyone who can look down onto a cringing, blood stained dog that has fought all day and say to it "I will allow this to happen again tomorrow", cannot call themselves human and therefore can't complain of being treated like an animal themselves.

I think the more support and encouragement we give to people like Rescue Ink, and all the lovely rescues we are fortunate to have here in Australia, the better. Every person is capable of saving an animal's life and the people that choose to save 10, 50, 100, or even 1000 animal lives during their own lifetime deserve more respect than anyone living and deserve a special place in heaven.

Anyone who can look down onto a cringing, blood stained dog that has fought all day and say to it "I will allow this to happen again tomorrow", cannot call themselves human and therefore can't complain of being treated like an animal themselves.

Could not agree more

I agree. When I look into my dog's eyes, I may aswell be looking at my child (or as good as). You wouldn't send your 6 year old in to fight, so why send your dog? As a parent you protect your children, not use them as cannon fodder! I really don't get the mentality... And the Rescue Ink. guy hit the nail on the head when he told that guy that he was lonely and was overpowered as a child and is now seeking to be the one in control...

The guy needs therapy. And even then I don't think he could be rehabilitated. And I don't think my opinion of what to do with such a person should be put in writing on a public forum where some may be offended. But you get my point.

Calling these abusers sick and other names is not helpful. Why ? Because it is not true. Sure, some of them coincidentally may be mentally ill, but abusing animals is not proof of their being anything wrong with them.

They do it because they are conditioned to do it, they simply do not see anything wrong with it.

You see alot of kids like that, not necessarily kids who engage in animal abuse, but kids who just don't see the problem, are indifferent or disinterested. The reason is, they were raised in a household which is either indifferent to animals or abusive to animals. Their friends might be the same. In foreign countries like the USA, children are often raised surrounded by a dog fighting culture, ect. Same as in so many other foreign countries where animal abuse is the norm not the exception, why, because they are simply conditioned differently. It is like that today, and it has always been like that. The Romans used to hoard magnificent, beautiful creatures like lions, tigers, and elephants into their arenas and spear them to death, much to the amusement of the audience.

The abusers who have mental issues are probably the ones that show regret for what they have done. This shows they do understand the concept of animal rights, they do accept that dogs have feelings, they do regret that they did something cruel to the dog on a moral level, but they did it anyway. So it is in this type of case i'd consider mental illness, not in a case where the offender is indifferent.

Edited by Lo Pan

Very true lopan I have seen historical pictures of dogs fighting in pits with a couple small children standing at the edge of the box, presumably with mum and dad as it looked like a family excursion to the dog fights.

that sure is conditioning.

Because it is not true. Sure, some of them coincidentally may be mentally ill, but abusing animals is not proof of their being anything wrong with them.

Sorry I cannot agree that there is probably not anything wrong with them. To do that to animals is sick and I am quite sure most human beings could not watch on, particularly repeatedly, while animals are pitted against one another and rip each other apart.

It is proven that people that like to harm, torture and kill animals quite often go onto worse - I am not sure that animals life being taken is worse as such than taking a humans - all are wrong. But there is scientific proof that these people are more likely to do it, so to me that says that they do have a problem and they do have something wrong with them.