Canidae

sorry if there is already a topic on this I couldn't find any recent one's.

I was thinking about trying the All life stage formula and was wondering if anyone else has been using it and what they thought of it

Edited by Frodo's mum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if there is already a topic on this I couldn't find any recent one's.

I was thinking about trying the All life stage formula and was wondering if anyone else has been using it and what they thought of it

Grain Free Salmon version user here. My boy loves it. He has only been on it for 5 weeks, but so far so good.

Aha! I finally got the search function to work!

Just saw the australian site for this (in the DOL banner ads LOL) and I seem to recall it has a good reputation.

Anyway - they are sending out free samples if anyone wants to try it :laugh:

Just go to the site and click on the big banner on the front page. They have a bit to register there when you give your details but you don't have to.

I might do a bit of searching on the net to find out more as I really want to get the best I can for Tango's needs. Their All Life Stages is not too high in protein (for a stone-former), and the ingredients look good. Unfortunately they're not sending out samples of the chicken and rice.

Edited by spottychick

I might do a bit of searching on the net to find out more as I really want to get the best I can for Tango's needs. Their All Life Stages is not too high in protein (for a stone-former), and the ingredients look good. Unfortunately they're not sending out samples of the chicken and rice.

Or the Platinum. :laugh:

I shall await the results of Sags' road test with Evie. :laugh:

Yes sorry, I should say they're sending out free samples of only two varieties - All Life Stages and the Grain Free Salmon

hmmm I didn't look at the Platinum. It has a low protein level (a plus) but includes fish meal - which I try to avoid with tango. Wonder what kind of fish.

Yes sorry, I should say they're sending out free samples of only two varieties - All Life Stages and the Grain Free Salmon

hmmm I didn't look at the Platinum. It has a low protein level (a plus) but includes fish meal - which I try to avoid with tango. Wonder what kind of fish.

Don't know.. I'm thinking of trying my older dogs (the poodles) on it.

Samples are as follows

Grain Free Salmon is the felidae cat food

All Life Stages is the dog food

Good Luck

I'm waiting on a sample. Am a bit stressed about feeding due to problems with other imported foods in the past.

I would go with that "feeling", go to consumer affairs.com to see what american consumers think of this food, there is a class action law suit in progress.

I'm waiting on a sample. Am a bit stressed about feeding due to problems with other imported foods in the past.

I would go with that "feeling", go to consumer affairs.com to see what american consumers think of this food, there is a class action law suit in progress.

Willis l did go to consumer affairs.com about 5 weeks ago about dog food and l am amazed how many complaintes there is on every dog food company not just one.

Im not convinced l got anything out of it.

Willis l did go to consumer affairs.com about 5 weeks ago about dog food and l am amazed how many complaintes there is on every dog food company not just one.

Im not convinced l got anything out of it.

No not EVERY dog food company, i found NO complaints about Artemis. I researched numerous U.S made dog foods before I decided what PREMIUM food to feed, Artemis is one of only about 5 dog foods in the U.S that rate as excellent, I was condidering R.C , but that is considered ordinary in the U.S and is owned by Mars.

Samples are as follows

Grain Free Salmon is the felidae cat food

All Life Stages is the dog food

Good Luck

There is GF Salmon in dog & cat available, Platinum is for seniors or overweight dogs.

Yes I just had a look at the consumer affairs site and I can't say there's anything conclusive on there. A report of something nasty found several years ago in a ziplock bag of unidentified dog food that someone said was Canidae (but could have been anything) isn't enough to dismiss the other side of the coin where I've heard good things about the brand. The other issue seems to be from 2008 and relates to people who had dogs who loved the Canidae dog food and then Canidae changed the formula which made a lot of owners unhappy.

Not enough information really.

And they all seemed to be complaining that Canidae ditched the rice component for corn/barley and didn't warn them so the dogs got ill from the change of food. BUt I didnt see any corn in the Canidae ingredients and there are two kinds of rice in there now so has it changed again?? Not to mention the grain free varieties don't have corn, barley OR rice in them....

Like I said. All a bit too vague and confusing to base any judgement on.

But it's always awful to read bad reviews of something you're considering giving to your little precious pup.

thanks for everyone's replies....I really like the idea of no fillers

I read the consumer affairs article and ...yes it makes you worry....my dogs/kids like you all are everything to me and I would hate to make them sick.......but the more you seem to read other one's have bad reviews and don't agree with some dogs.......I wonder if the canidae was a bad batch or just the changes they made :) you sometimes wonder why change a good thing when so many people were pleased with it :thumbsup:

Sags how as Evie gone with the life stage one ? I have been waiting for a sample bag but still hasn't arrived...so I ordered a small bag of it

Hi Frodo's Mum.

Evie is thoroughly enjoying the Platinum. I chose that first as it is the senior/weight control product of the range, and she is now rather elderly in scheme of things. It is quite a small kibble, and rounded off, which seems to appeal to her as well (she is going through a phase of denying she is a giant breed :) ). I've brought home a small bag of the Lamb Meal to offer next as lamb suits her very well.

Sags

No, no upset tum. Evie is quite good though, so I would still recommend a slow change over on any new food.

I just opened the Lamb and offered her that for brekkie and she has almost turned herself inside out to get to it.

Personally, I'm thrilled to have another holistic food available, which to me adds to the choices offered by Artemis (which is Evie's main diet) and Earthborn Holistic.

Sags

:)