Insert New Regulation 3.3.9 3.3.9 Pregnant Bitches

SwaY

As printed in the August Dogs Vic gazette

Insert new Regulation 3.3.9

3.3.9 Pregnant Bitches

Due to the associated health risks it is strongly recommended

that bitches do not participate in exhibition after being mated.

The following restriction is mandatory.

3.3.9.1 A bitch is prohibited from exhibition for the period four

[4] weeks after mating until ten [10] weeks after whelping.

3.3.9.2 A bitch that fails to conceive may resume exhibition.

Between the Ccs and the animal rights nuts in government soon we wont need to worry about any decisions in our breeding choices or where we can take em and what we can do with them because everything will be covered and leave no decisions up to the breeder and their own vet.

One more right lost to registered breeders. :laugh::o

Qld introduced something similar in March, though not as strict.

219. Puppies under the age of three months will not be admitted to the precincts of the exhibition at any time, nor shall any person at any time allow the mating or whelping of any bitches, nor bring, nor allow to remain any bitch more than seven weeks in whelp, within the precincts or upon the grounds of any exhibition, whether or not any such dog or bitch is entered in the exhibition.

Specific exception granted - Puppies aged 8 weeks and over will be admitted to the precincts of the exhibition for the sole purpose of attending an approved CCC(Q) health service, however those puppies must be securely restrained in a crate or similar at all times and only taken out to allow for specific attendance of the health service

It seemed a bit OTT that they couldn't even be at the grounds but I guess that's how you make doubley sure no whelping occurs.

I would have thought the associated health risks were to do with contagious diseases - a risk wherever multiple dogs congregate - but worse consequences for a pregnant bitch?

Qld introduced something similar in March, though not as strict.
219. Puppies under the age of three months will not be admitted to the precincts of the exhibition at any time, nor shall any person at any time allow the mating or whelping of any bitches, nor bring, nor allow to remain any bitch more than seven weeks in whelp, within the precincts or upon the grounds of any exhibition, whether or not any such dog or bitch is entered in the exhibition.

Specific exception granted - Puppies aged 8 weeks and over will be admitted to the precincts of the exhibition for the sole purpose of attending an approved CCC(Q) health service, however those puppies must be securely restrained in a crate or similar at all times and only taken out to allow for specific attendance of the health service

It seemed a bit OTT that they couldn't even be at the grounds but I guess that's how you make doubley sure no whelping occurs.

I would have thought the associated health risks were to do with contagious diseases - a risk wherever multiple dogs congregate - but worse consequences for a pregnant bitch?

That would only apply to the Durack show grounds as it is privately owned by the members. (Well that's what your told if you ask). All other grounds are public areas.

I would rather take my dogs to a show where dogs are vaccinated than to a dog park.

I would also think a lot of the problem is to with insurance.

That is why dogs that are not entered in the show are to be disclosed to the show manager if on the grounds.( A Dogs Qld.

Councillor told me that also)

Whatever "they" say, the rule as written does not say it only applies to the Durack grounds (it's under "Procedure at Exhibitions") and so should be followed by EVERYONE and ANYONE who breaks it should be breached. What's the point of any rules otherwise.

Whatever "they" say, the rule as written does not say it only applies to the Durack grounds (it's under "Procedure at Exhibitions") and so should be followed by EVERYONE and ANYONE who breaks it should be breached. What's the point of any rules otherwise.

That may be the company's law but it is not the law of the land and the law of the land prevails.

3.3.9 Pregnant Bitches

First off...totally ridiculous rules

Second..how and who will police this?

What is the next step..no bitches to compete in CONFORMATION shows while in season? (they could in fact claim the above 3.3.9 rule description would apply there as well.

3.3.9.2 Do we have a form to fill out, signed by the vet that scanned the bitch saying she missed, or showing the blood tests that can be done at 21 days to confirm pregnancy.....or will we leave it up to our peers to mind our business and breeding program and let them dob us in?

Should be interesting.

Edited by angelsun

3.3.9 Pregnant Bitches

First off...totally ridiculous rules

Second..how and who will police this?

What is the next step..no bitches to compete in CONFORMATION shows while in season? (they could in fact claim the above 3.3.9 rule description would apply there as well.

3.3.9.2 Do we have a form to fill out, signed by the vet that scanned the bitch saying she missed, or showing the blood tests that can be done at 21 days to confirm pregnancy.....or will we leave it up to our peers to mind our business and breeding program and let them dob us in?

Should be interesting.

And people wonder why we call them a bunch of blithering idiots.

One would think that they would realise that the less dogs that are around the less secure their jobs are.

It makes one wonder why these ridiculous rules are added or have we been infiltrated to and that is the object of the exercise.

Who came up with this gem?

Bitches are more likely to get an infection during a season (when the cervix is open) not when they are in whelp (cervix is closed). With that said I've never had a bitch get an infection whilst being on season.

Next rule will be mandatory lama's classes for our in whelp bitches.

Who came up with this gem?

Bitches are more likely to get an infection during a season (when the cervix is open) not when they are in whelp (cervix is closed). With that said I've never had a bitch get an infection whilst being on season.

Next rule will be mandatory lama's classes for our in whelp bitches.

:cry::cry::cry::)