Lillydale Kennel Club (vic)

Kelza

Hi Everyone

LKC committee are pleased to confirm our judges from Spain & Poland arrived and are in good shape. Today they added to our balance of trade with a shopping spree! Weather is looking better for Friday & Saturday with the rain easing Thursday night until Sunday when wind and rain again forecast.

We have a Great Surprise with a "treat" for everyone! Look out for our helpers in Dogtainers Bright Green Hats for a "treat" too good to be missed!

Don't forget The Big Sack Sale Large & JumboDog Bed Sacks at LOW LOW Prices at our Once a Year Sale!

See u Saturday

Lillydale K C Committee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're contemplating leaving at 5.30am so we can set up indoors. Last year we got there when the show started and had to set up outside along the wall. Car fumes, smokers and dog crap bins isn't fun.

I hear you whippets :laugh: . We are on after lunch so I would love to be able to get there at 11 but we have had to set up outside everytime the entry has been over 800 this year when we have arrived after 9, let alone with an entry of 1400+.

Not looking forward to getting white coated dogs ready outside in the rain and wind.

Here's hoping those that have actually shown and aren't needed for specials are gracious enough to pack up, if they want to stay and watch a chair takes up alot less room than multiple crates, trolleys and tables.

SHOW UPDATE!! 3PM FRIDAY

Hi Everyone

Well The Park had a LOT of rain like many parts of Victoria on Wednesday & Thursday but all is fine the car parks are NOT under water now! The show gates open at 6.30am and a LOT of extra room is available indoors with two rings smaller than at many shows. Just wait till you see "The Treats" on offer to everyone for FREE! The sun was shining at The Park this afternoon.

The committee thanks everyone for their entries and trust you are all winners!

Cheers

David B

Probably some frisbees for the dogs! :thumbsup: (Joking!)

We got frisbees at one show a couple months ago... well unfortunately both Min Pins destroyed it within a few hours of obtaining it!

I hope it'll be a good one! I am looking forward to this show!

Group 6

BIG - Alaskan Malamute

RUBIG - Newfy

Baby in Group & Show - Akita

Minor in Group - Newfy

Junior in Group = Bullmastiff

That's all I remember

BIS - Pug

RU - Ridgeback

Baby - ?

Minor - Whippet

Puppy - SBT

Edited by alotanewfs

SHOW UPDATE!! 3PM FRIDAY

Hi Everyone

Well The Park had a LOT of rain like many parts of Victoria on Wednesday & Thursday but all is fine the car parks are NOT under water now! The show gates open at 6.30am and a LOT of extra room is available indoors with two rings smaller than at many shows. Just wait till you see "The Treats" on offer to everyone for FREE! The sun was shining at The Park this afternoon.

The committee thanks everyone for their entries and trust you are all winners!

Cheers

David B

Hi David

I would like to congratulate you and your Comm. on running such a well organised show today. You should all by now be sitting and patting yourselves on your backs for running another successful show, they just seem to get better and better.

It was quite obvious that a lot of thought had gone into making more room available for exhibitors, which was much appreciated. .

The rings looked great, the chocolate treats were much appreciated as was the trophy table.

Luckily the weather stayed fine, the grounds are still very wet under foot, but that is to be expected seeing there has been such a huge amount of rain over recent weeks.

Thanks again to you and your hard working Committee.

Pam.

It was one of the best Lillydale shows I have been to - work has obviously been done to make sure there was room for everyone and the committee have worked to improve things that could have been better in the past. There were lots of other extra touches too.

Thank you to the committee for their show.

:dancingelephant:

The Toy Poodle was handled by Jenny McKenzie.

Junior in Group was Hansen's black Miniature Poodle

Puppy in Group was my Kees, Nynka Chant My Name. There were 5 other Kees puppies, so puppy in breed was a good start :happydance:

Edited by nynka

Hi Everyone

We wish to thank all those exhibitors who took the time to compliment us on all the hard work and organisation. We do try and yes we made some changes including a smaller G1 ring and did not enforce matting space. The chocolates were our "Freeby" for 2010.

The judges have asked me to convey their thanks for the great sportsmanship and commented on the high quality of exhibits.

Results and photos will appear on our Web page soon plus Dog News Australia will have a feature on our show. Don't miss an opportunity to show case your dog in this Australian publication.

David Barclay

Lillydale K C Commitee