Another Case Of Dog Cruelty In Our Town

memphis09

hi this was in our local paper this dog used to live in my old neighbourhood.the person who owns her has had numourous complaints not only for dogs but for horses as well,its just a shame it took this long and at the expense of this dog for antthing to be done.this dog was 16yr,she didnt deserve to end her days this way rest in peace old girl.hope you have a better rest up there then you ever got down here

post-32089-1280903027_thumb.jpg

i cant get the newspaper articl to fit but

a very old female red healer suffering from arthritis so bad it coultnt walk or bend,a living skeleton covered in dog hair weighing in at 11kilos,deaf and blind,covered in fleas,totally dehydrated,three reports from locals about the state of the dog and finally a threat to expose to a current affair got the rspca out to see the dog.

the old ranger reckons its the worst case on animal cruelty she has seen in 23 yrs

i dont know if they have already been charged or are getting charged but it did say in the newspaper that the owner is facing charges.

hopefully they will look into her background and investigate why so many horses have died in her care over the last 10 yrs this is a person who has upwards of 30 horses at any one time.i dont see why one person needs that many horses but apparently they do.it is only one peron riding the horses also

doesn't surprise me with RSPCA needing a kick up the bum. The things I have seen them turn away from are absolutely shocking. Some say legislation, some say paperwork & even broken promises.

I do not understand people.

We were put here as caretakers of the earth and animals. We don't seem to be doing a very good job of it.

That poor dog, 16yrs of suffering, wouldn't it be great if the law made people suffer the same way they have treated their animals including farm/companion animals rather than receiving a petty fine, I bet that would make people take a bit more responsibility!!

I have no other words...

Far out I wish I could get my hands on people like this sometimes and that the eye of the law would look away for a couple of minutes. I dont understand how someone can do this. I feel a little bad just telling my dog she's not allowed to put her dirty paws on me let alone get to any kind of condition REMOTELY resembling this! This is why it should be harder for people to get the privilege of owning dogs (and animals in general I think).

RIP poor old girl. Our hearts go out to you.

well i have put the newspaper article on my facebook site a lot of people who wasnt sure who the old girl belonged to have contacted me asking about whose dog it was,even though most people had their suspicions im trying to organise a petition for as may towns people to sign so that we can give to the rspca,to hopefully have something done about her horses as well im not sure how many she has had die over the yrs from mysterious circumstances (read into this a few diff things mainly malnutrition.

it may be to late to help this old girl but hopefully something can be done about her horses,the 2 other dogs she has and her cats and birds