Removal Of Titles Gained

TrinaJ

Erny, get a Shepherd, join the club, get on committee, get involved ! Then you will understand ALL ! :D

Well - I don't want to get a Shepherd, join the GSDCA nor get on its committee. But that shouldn't stop someone being able to explain it so that it CAN be understood. Unless there is skulduggery going on that prevents it from being clearly explained on a public forum and that the only way to find things out is to go 'underground' :):love: .

Edited by Erny

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erny, get a Shepherd, join the club, get on committee, get involved ! Then you will understand ALL ! :whip:

Well - I don't want to get a Shepherd, join the GSDCA nor get on its committee. But that shouldn't stop someone being able to explain it so that it CAN be understood. Unless there is skulduggery going on that prevents it from being clearly explained on a public forum and that the only way to find things out is to go 'underground' :rofl::o .

Erny, we have had our differences in the past but you never cease to surprise me on how low your thinking/mind is and I wonder is it really to 'learn' or is it to 'stir the pot'.......and unfortunately I think it's the latter. :shrug: Shhhh but guess what..... There is no 'skulduggery' going on ....only whats in your mind to even think of such a thing.

Everything has been explained to you over and over and over and over again in OH so many topics about GSDs and clubs.........but I guess there is none so blind as those who DON'T want to see (as the old saying goes)

As to the rest of the trouble makers on here........write letters or don't ! I don't really care...because there are HUNDREDS of us left in the dog world who do care and they are the ones who matter.

:eek: Bye!

Erny, get a Shepherd, join the club, get on committee, get involved ! Then you will understand ALL ! :rofl:

Well - I don't want to get a Shepherd, join the GSDCA nor get on its committee. But that shouldn't stop someone being able to explain it so that it CAN be understood. Unless there is skulduggery going on that prevents it from being clearly explained on a public forum and that the only way to find things out is to go 'underground' :rofl::o .

Erny, we have had our differences in the past but you never cease to surprise me on how low your thinking/mind is and I wonder is it really to 'learn' or is it to 'stir the pot'.......and unfortunately I think it's the latter. :whip: Shhhh but guess what..... There is no 'skulduggery' going on ....only whats in your mind to even think of such a thing.

Everything has been explained to you over and over and over and over again in OH so many topics about GSDs and clubs.........but I guess there is none so blind as those who DON'T want to see (as the old saying goes)

As to the rest of the trouble makers on here........write letters or don't ! I don't really care...because there are HUNDREDS of us left in the dog world who do care and they are the ones who matter.

:shrug: Bye!

Tapf - Insulting others doesn't lend you any integrity. It must make you feel better, because you do it a fair bit - but it doesn't do you any good, IMO. If there's no skulduggery, then I don't see why answers and explanations from the GSDCA pov (or from those members who know the GSDCA's pov) is so hard to obtain :eek: . Nothing to do with stirring the pot, at least not just for stirring the pot sake.

Edited by Erny

I was happy to see this thread cleaned up, but here we go again, by the looks of it.

Tapf - there is a saying - when you point a finger at someone 3 point at you.

So far you told few people that they stir the pot, perhaps its you that does.....

Its funny as when a question is asked about GDS clubs or conformation there is a lot of discussion but never a real answer. Almost like a conspiracy :o

TrinaJ - thank you for the little info, is there anything I can help with? Let me know privatelly pls.

MonElite, just keep doing what you are doing, keep putting pressure on. Put a motion to your Club to put in a submission to the ANKC to make sure this is not passed at the AGM. We need to stand united on this.

Erny, get a Shepherd, join the club, get on committee, get involved ! Then you will understand ALL ! :)

Well - I don't want to get a Shepherd, join the GSDCA nor get on its committee. But that shouldn't stop someone being able to explain it so that it CAN be understood. Unless there is skulduggery going on that prevents it from being clearly explained on a public forum and that the only way to find things out is to go 'underground' :rofl::) .

I can lend you a 6 month old working line Shepherd for a couple of days if you would like a dynamic experience Erny :confused:

If she lived closer, I'd be doing a weekend dog swap with her if she agreed - she could play with my malligator, and I'd get to play doctor with Mandela! :)

I agree, Flaves.

Whenever something comes up on these Forums concerning GSDs, a certain group of people make it their business to highjack the discussion and turn it into GSD bashing re GSD conformation according to their own personal GSD breed standard....to hell with the official FCI approved breed standard, theirs is the one that is best.

Back to the original point under discussion... the removal of officlally approved and earned FCI Working titles from pedigrees.

The implication of this act is far greater than some of you believe. Australia has the best breed data base in the world and to sit by and allow it to be tampered with is beyond comprehension ..... and you are doing this simply because you have an axe to grind with the GSDCA.

You should be seeking your own Breed Club's point of view on the removal of the FCI Working Titles from pedigrees -if your breed is one of those that will be affected.

Why is the GSDCA's point of view so important to those of you who don't even own a GSD or even respect the GSD? Is it because the GSDCA membership is 3465 and therefore you believe that it is your right to know what the GSDCA is doing? Well the good news is that it's working damn hard with the other breed clubs to make sure that this injustice does not occur. That is what the GSDCA is doing. What are you doing? That is apart from attacking the conformation of the GSD. :laugh:

The Malinois people have said that very rarely does one of their breed come in with Working titles so they are not fussed about the removal of the titles because it is not a point of breed worthiness with them and never has been. Given that the Malinois conduct their own World Schutzhund Championships that is really strange as Australian teams do compete in their World Schutzhund Championships.

Edited by Tarmons

I can lend you a 6 month old working line Shepherd for a couple of days if you would like a dynamic experience Erny

ooh ooh chuck it to me chuck it to me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Here is a "quiet moment" Nek................isn't he adorable :laugh:

Go away, Nekhbet, you, you, you ........................ opportunist you !!! SharpShep offered him to me first :laugh: .

If she lived closer, I'd be doing a weekend dog swap with her if she agreed - she could play with my malligator, and I'd get to play doctor with Mandela! :laugh:

:laugh: ..... Now THAT's a plan !!!

Gawn, Star. Come share house with me. Ya know yawanna. :laugh:

I agree, Flaves.

Whenever something comes up on these Forums concerning GSDs, a certain group of people make it their business to highjack the discussion and turn it into GSD bashing re GSD conformation according to their own personal GSD breed standard....to hell with the official FCI approved breed standard, theirs is the one that is best.

It's come up about once - maybe twice, if I recall. It has hardly become a GSD bash.

Back to the original point under discussion... the removal of officlally approved and earned FCI Working titles from pedigrees.

The implication of this act is far greater than some of you believe. Australia has the best breed data base in the world and to sit by and allow it to be tampered with is beyond comprehension ..... and you are doing this simply because you have an axe to grind with the GSDCA.

:laugh: WE "are doing this ... because [we] have an axe to grind with the GSDCA" ??? No - but I think if there were answers to some of the questions that have been asked time after time (and remain unanswered) we might in some way have some idea of why and how ANKC developed their policy against working titled dogs in the first place and why and how therefore, it has lead in its round-a-bout and subsequential way to the point we are at now.

You should be seeking your own Breed Club's point of view on the removal of the FCI Working Titles from pedigrees -if your breed is one of those that will be affected.
I agree with this. Or even if your breed is not one that will be affected but just because you have a special interest in dogs in general along with working-line activities.
Why is the GSDCA's point of view so important to those of you who don't even own a GSD or even respect the GSD?
Because the historical info and pov by GSDCA may well have influenced things to bring about what is currently on the table.
What are you doing? That is apart from attacking the conformation of the GSD. :laugh:

Answering for myself, working on putting a letter together. The most of this thread hasn't mentioned GSD conformation. I saw that one post did. Don't know if there's been more since I last checked in.

The Malinois people have said that very rarely does one of their breed come in with Working titles so they are not fussed about the removal of the titles because it is not a point of breed worthiness with them and never has been. Given that the Malinois conduct their own World Schutzhund Championships that is really strange as Australian teams do compete in their World Schutzhund Championships.

That's interesting. Are there any Malinois Breed enthusiasts who are members of their breed Club who can quantify that their Club doesn't care that their breed's working titles can and will be removed from their pedigree?

The Malinois people have said that very rarely does one of their breed come in with Working titles so they are not fussed about the removal of the titles because it is not a point of breed worthiness with them and never has been.

what the? Who told you that?!

Go away, Nekhbet, you, you, you ........................ opportunist you !!! SharpShep offered him to me first

darn tootn I am ... hows about I just leave my Malinois tied to the gate and if you can get past her you can take him home :laugh:

I think you better check with the Malinois breeder that imports Mals with Working titles and actually has them competing at National level in Sch H..... and you may find yourself surprised as well. :laugh:

Not particularly fussed enough to get the Mal people interested in doing something about the removal of titles.

Was actually approached at SchH training the other night and that was the response. Why bother? The ANKC will do what they want anyway. No point in getting stirred up about it. Only rarely does anyone import a Mal with Working titles... not enough to get worked up about..... that was the gist of the conversation.

Edited by Tarmons

Tarmons

I know of at least one Malinois breeder who imports dogs with IPO titles as well as other working titles, so I find it hard to believe that Malinois people would say that.

The WL malinois people are doing something believe me, the ANKC Malinois clubs on the other hand are not fussed.

From: Australian National Kennel Council [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Thursday, 26 August 2010 8:52 AM

To: DOGS NSW; DOGS NT; 'DOGS QLD - Gary Paul'; DOGS QLD - Rob Harrison; DOGS SA; Elizabeth White; Jo Cerda; DOGS WEST; [email protected]; TCA

Cc: 'Hugh'

Subject: FW: National Database - Titles on Imported Dogs and their Pedigrees

Importance: High

ATTENTION: ALL MEMBER BODIES

We refer to our email of 18 August (see below) and request that titles which may or have been removed from the pedigrees of any imported dog are to be reinstated immediately until this matter has been resolved at the October Conference.

From: Australian National Kennel Council [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Wednesday, 18 August 2010 11:47 AM

To: DOGS NSW; DOGS NT; 'DOGS QLD - Gary Paul'; DOGS QLD - Rob Harrison; DOGS SA; DOGS VICTORIA; DOGS VICTORIA-Jo Cerda; DOGS WEST; [email protected]; TCA

Cc: 'Hugh'

Subject: FW: National Database - Titles on Imported Dogs and their Pedigrees

Importance: High

ATTENTION: ALL MEMBER BODIES

Please note that the directive circulated via email on 15 July 2010 (see below) is to be held in abeyance until further discussion at the forthcoming October 2010 ANKC Conference.

We ask DOGS Victoria to remove the notice from their website as soon as possible.

Tarmons

I know of at least one Malinois breeder who imports dogs with IPO titles as well as other working titles, so I find it hard to believe that Malinois people would say that.

The WL malinois people are doing something believe me, the ANKC Malinois clubs on the other hand are not fussed.

The ANKC Malinois Clubs would not promote working titles, would they? Given that the ANKC is against Sch?

Would this not be the case for many of the ANKC Breed Clubs?

No intention to flame/stir .... and I don't recognise any harm in the question, but this does feel as though it is the case with the ANKC Clubs in general. Individual members of the ANKC Clubs may not necessarily carry the same view, of course, but are they prepared to stand up and be counted or could it be a bit of a sheep mentality for fear of some sort of retribution? :laugh:

Edited by Erny

Really? I know lots of AnKC registered malinois with working titles. I find it hard to believe that other mally owners don't care if these are wiped from their dog's pedigrees.

If the point of pedigrees is to help breed better dogs, then surely the AnKC should be putting more information on pedigrees (hip & elbow scores? KNPV & ring titles?), not less information?

No offence to anyone, but isnt this thread about the removal of titles?

If so, then WHY is the conformation of the dogs coming up?

It has NO relevance to this threads topic.

I agree. Offenders will be removed.

No offence to anyone, but isnt this thread about the removal of titles?

If so, then WHY is the conformation of the dogs coming up?

It has NO relevance to this threads topic.

I agree. Offenders will removed.

Thanks Troy