Purchasing A Puppy

Dju

When I contacted our breeder initially, I was looking for a blem female... At the time she had two litters available, about 10 days apart, but the blem female in the first litter was sold and she said we could have first pick of the second litter. Hubby and I took a drive out to her. We were able to meet and play with both litters (about 3 weeks and 1 week respectively, so very very tiny). We also got to meet both the Mums and the Dad (he fathered both litters).

As it turned out, we weren't so keen on the mother of the younger litter (with the blem babies), as she was a bit aloof. The mother of the older litter was much happier - a bit of a party animal really! There were only two pups left from her litter without forever homes to go to - a blem boy and a tri girl. We took the tri girl as at that point I decided the colour wasn't the be all and end all. Pups that small had no personality so we only had the parents to go from...

Our breeder sent us pics every week and you could see she was getting cheekier and cheekier! Now that she is home, she fits in well with us and is like her Mum - a party animal! I am glad we went with her and got to pick her out ourselves. It was a beautiful experience.

My sister was on a waiting list for nearly a year for her dog and her breeder picked her pup out for her. She never met her until she was collected from the airport. I have to say, their pup is beautiful too and a very good match for them. I think you will be in safe hands. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

with Tilly I was told that I could have one of the only two girls in the litter but the breeder was going to take first choice and wouldnt' make the choice until the dogs were 8 weeks, she wanted a girl to show.

Every week I was sent photos of the two girls

Every week I did a little prayer that my dog would be the darker female

and on the 8th week my wish came true :eek:

Sounds like what happened with me :) 2 girls to choose from, breeder keeping one, I wanted the lighter female. But, I got the darker one :laugh: So glad I did now though :laugh: And she didn't turn out so dark afterall ;) I did get to meet them though, twice before bringing my girl home. My next pup I may well get from interstate and hopefully I will get to pick from photos and have the breeder also recommend which one would be best for me :laugh:

I have yesterday purchased a puppy, with the guideance of some great people and I have not met him or his parents..

I found a great ethical breeder who was prepared to listen to what I wanted and in return I accepted her advice!,

:mad I think my puppy will be perfect for us

I have yesterday purchased a puppy, with the guideance of some great people and I have not met him or his parents..

I found a great ethical breeder who was prepared to listen to what I wanted and in return I accepted her advice!,

:mad I think my puppy will be perfect for us

Where's the photos???????????????????? :(:

:mad

:) I think my puppy will be perfect for us

Where's the photos???????????????????? :mad:

:D

I's seen him :rofl:

You should definitely show pics, Undecided XD

I'm secretly keeping my fingers crossed that the dog will have a very defined mask and as much of its mom's color as possible (I love yellow/gray Valls), but I guess I'll have to let my breeder choose for me because it needs to have show dog potential! :rofl:

I didn't choose Lottie, and didn't see her until she was about 9weeks when I got her - she's the love of my life and fits in amazingly with me - we just match so well, and i've been so lucky with getting the most beautiful girl to call my own :laugh: . My preferences were a blue merle girl... and that's what I got!!!! :laugh::)

I didn't choose Lottie, and didn't see her until she was about 9weeks when I got her - she's the love of my life and fits in amazingly with me - we just match so well, and i've been so lucky with getting the most beautiful girl to call my own :laugh: . My preferences were a blue merle girl... and that's what I got!!!! :laugh: :D
She's absolutely gorgeous :laugh:

both Bella and Lilly came from the same breeder 5 years apart and both were chosen for me by her I wanted lilly to be different to bella and different they are lol bella is a princess in the making and lilly is well a nice way to put it is she is a farm dog lol loves getting dirty and playing very cheeky and i love her because she is this way.... good luck

• 3 weeks later...
I would prefer to see the pups first, but if the breeder is well known and trusted I don't think it is 100% necesary. When I was looking for an Aussie there seemed to be two types of breeder - those that let you choose from pics at birth, and those who would let you know at 8 weeks if they had a puppy for you - no guarantee you'd get one at all. For that reason I went with a 'pick one from the pictures' breeder.

If a breeder had of said 'Ýes, you WILL get a puppy but I will choose which one' I would have gone that way instead, but I wasn't prepared to wait till 8 weeks then find that none was for me.

I am in the 'let you know at 8weeks' boat... just found out actually. My personal opinion with breeders who run this way, is that they have SOOOOO much interest in pups that it really doesnt matter. If you dont like him, someone else will. If you're too annoying, someone else wont be, if you ask to many questions...someone else will just shut up and pay the money. Just my opinion.

well i got my pup and i did not see him til he got off the plane. and he is PURFECT
Aww that's awesome!!!

I'm going to be meeting my puppy on the second of November... *__* So excited, now I even have a date to go off!

Guest belgian.blue

Done it twice and both dogs are perfect for my lifestyle ;)

One came from Tasmania to Perth and the other Canberra to Perth.

Here's my latest. Vienna was the first Lapphund pup I'd met and that was when I picked her up at the airport. She is fabulous and I couldn't be happier :thumbsup:

stand.jpg

And this is Bree. I'd not even seen a photo of her before she flew over from Tassie. She is four now and gorgeous :D

monkey.jpg