Artificial Turf - Before And After

MsKatie

Hi - after all the talk of artificial turf I thought people might be interested to see the pics of our yard before and after we had turf put down :laugh:

BEFORE - it was an absolute swamp - the grass had all been torn up by the dogs and they tracked muddy paw prints into the house regularly

post-25263-1282371803_thumb.jpg

post-25263-1282371815_thumb.jpg

post-25263-1282371823_thumb.jpg

Day 1 - they laid the base for the artificial turf - and it looked better already :(

post-25263-1282371916_thumb.jpg

post-25263-1282371925_thumb.jpg

It cost a fairly large ammount of money for it all - so far the poo has been easy to scoop up (except for the one the hound dumped in the river stones on the first day home) and the drainage is very good - just needs hosing off apparently if there is a smell issue - and that tends to be in summer as far as I know - we have only had it for a few days and have a bloodhound and a kelpie but - as you can see from the before photos - we had to do something and this is what we chose

With all of the rain and mud it looked better on the first day when they laid the base :laugh:

Oh, it looks brilliant! Are you thrilled? Does it feel nice to walk on?

Absolutely thrilled - it does feel nice to walk on and it makes the backyard a nice place to go out and spend time in now - the mud was just getting into everything as the dogs trailed it around on their feet / stomachs / leags etc

Will keep everyone updated with how it goes :laugh:

I have a small muddy area that runs of my puppy run & have often thought of using this ,is there much prep needed b4 laying ??

They need to dig out some of the soil and lay and compact the crushed rubble - sometimes they can put the rubble on top of the soil and and then compact it if you don't mind the level of the garden being raised - if it needs to stay on par with the rest of the garden then it would need to be dug out

they used dolomite as a base for ours and the base was laid in a day

:laugh:

I have a small muddy area that runs of my puppy run & have often thought of using this ,is there much prep needed b4 laying ??

They need to dig out some of the soil and lay and compact the crushed rubble - sometimes they can put the rubble on top of the soil and and then compact it if you don't mind the level of the garden being raised - if it needs to stay on par with the rest of the garden then it would need to be dug out

they used dolomite as a base for ours and the base was laid in a day

:(