National Shows And Cc's Within 1000k's

keetin

Does anyone know how it works regarding a National Show being held and the non awarding of CC's at a show within 1000k's of the breed National???

If there are dogs entered at an All Breeds show within 1000 k's obviously they arnt entitled under ANKC rules to be awarded a CC - can these dogs get a Best of Breed and go onto compete for Best in Group???????

Does anyone know how it works regarding a National Show being held and the non awarding of CC's at a show within 1000k's of the breed National???

If there are dogs entered at an All Breeds show within 1000 k's obviously they arnt entitled under ANKC rules to be awarded a CC - can these dogs get a Best of Breed and go onto compete for Best in Group???????

Yup they can get BOB and can go onto Best in Group/classes in Group and then on to BIS/Classes in Show - just no points are awarded.

No, only a cc winner is awarded BOB and competes for Best In Group. As there are no cc's awarded then there is no BOB dog and, therefore, cannot none of that breed can compete for Best In Group. They can, however, compete for class in Group/Show.

Agree with Ceilidh.

Classes are still judged as normal but Best Dog and Best Bitch are awarded instead of dog and bitch CC. Best of Breed is name only and the winner does not compete for the group, but all "normal" breed eliminations are still judged to completion. Class of Breed winners can compete in group lineups, including the animal awarded the NOMINAL Best of Breed award. There can be no participation in any judging which awards championship points such as BIG or BIS.

I just spoke to Dogs QLd and they sid that yes challenge and BOB can be awarded just NO points can be given!

Which would be a bummer if you won BIG!

I beg to differ with this. Challenge is the points system and, therefore, not awarded. I would suggest you spoke to a novice.

I just spoke to Dogs QLd and they sid that yes challenge and BOB can be awarded just NO points can be given!

Which would be a bummer if you won BIG!

Again I agree with Ceilidh.

You can't win BIG because you won't even be in the ring competing for it. The show schedules would clearly state that there are NO challenges for a particular breed or breeds on offer.

Therefore NO challenge would be issued. As I explained, the awards of Best Dog and Best Bitch are made, and then a NOMINAL Best of Breed but that Best of Breed winner DOES NOT compete in the BIG lineup but can compete in their Class In Group lineup.

No, only a cc winner is awarded BOB and competes for Best In Group. As there are no cc's awarded then there is no BOB dog and, therefore, cannot none of that breed can compete for Best In Group. They can, however, compete for class in Group/Show.

That's how I understand it as well - If there are no CC's then there is no BOB as you can only compete for BOB if you are awarded a CC, and therefore only compete for BIG if you have been awarded a BOB

Would this mean then, that best male and best female are awarded but they would not be brought in for BOB?

Am still not sure why they would be eligible for their class in group competition though....(the foreigner still scrunching eyebrows over the different system at times!)

I am only stating what I was told today and the person I spoke to is not a novice.

He likened it to an open show for that breed only.

Quite frankly I dont give a care as my breed doesnt have a national!

I agree with those who have posted that no CC's means they cannot compete for Best in Group.

They can compete for age Class in Group awards.

The schedule should indicate that no challenges will be awarded for that breed, and the catalogue should also

state the same...

I would refer you to instances when the judge has not awarded a Challenge (for whatever reason).

In that case, the animals cannot compete for BIG, but can compete for age class in group.

Would this mean then, that best male and best female are awarded but they would not be brought in for BOB?

Am still not sure why they would be eligible for their class in group competition though....(the foreigner still scrunching eyebrows over the different system at times!)

The dogs and bitches still run off for BOB and the opposites as the best open etc still needs to be determined. The BOB should not be present in the BIG line up. If the BOB does not get knocked out by the BIG or the RUBIG, then it can go into the class in group line up.