Buying Pet Supplies Online

Amstaffs4me

I ordered some advantix and preventix collars online from Petfood 24/7 over 2 weeks ago and still haven't received them.

Am I expecting too much to think that they should have been delivered by now?

I have tried to contact them on the mobile number listed on the site and left messages because they never answer their phone

nor have they returned my calls :)

Anytime I have ordered anything else online delivery has been much quicker and I have never had any problems and always been able to contact the company when I have had any queries.

Should I be worried yet , I was hoping they would have been here by now , I am going to have to go and buy more tomorrow as the dogs are overdue for their advantix and due to go into kennels next week .

Has anyone dealt with this company before?

Edited by Amstaffs4me

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at this thread = and another one that is referred to in that one.

I eventually got a refund for the products I had ordered and did not receive, thanks to the fantastic response from the Office of Fair Trading in NSW, who responded promptly and effectively when I lodged a complaint.

Yes, been there done that! I bought 3 Snugglesafe heat pads from them and when I hadn't heard anything (except for payment confirmation) in a week I started emailing requesting shipment confirmation. When I still didn't hear anything, I started ringing the phone numbers provided (one of which listed was for a professor at Sydney Uni - go figure). By this time I was panicking a little and emailed threatening legal action and also to report them to the Office of Fair Trading (I felt I had satisfifed the burden of making a decent attempt at contacting them). Two days later I got shipment confirmation and 3 days after that I received my goods.

Will never go near them again. :)

I bought off them a few months ago and it took about 2 weeks to arrive but it was the product I ordered. Their website looks very 'home made' cheap and nasty so I would be wary of that type of site in the future. I bought because the prices were good for Hill's BUT when you add on the courier charge from Sydney to Melbourne it wasn't that cheap anymore so I always look for the delivery cost now for online stores and add that to the price so you really know if it is good value or not. From my research the best sites to navigate and find what you want, and the most professional (looking at least) are Pookinuk and Fetchboy both have good delivery costs as well.

• 4 months later...

I've also been a victim of this scam. :):):)

I ordered two bags of food for Molly and a DAP diffuser refill for my noise phobic dogs as it's storm season.

Two weeks later, no order. They took my money the day I ordered. :confused:

So I made five attempts to contact them. None of which has resulted in a reply. :noidea:

I contacted my bank this morning. Money will be refunded within 3 business days. :hug:

I'm going to contact Fair Trading NSW. But I understand so many others have done the same thing, so WHY are they still operating a business?

These people MUST be stopped.

Troy, can we pin a topic on this supplier please?

I'm going to contact Fair Trading NSW. But I understand so many others have done the same thing, so WHY are they still operating a business?

I don't understand how they still have enough customers to operate a business.

Maybe Fair Trading resolves the problem, but doesn't actually do anything to stop it happening in the future.

This web site advertises products sold by Petfood 24/7..perhaps it'd be an idea to contact them to let them know.(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--858293971_Pet_Supplies

a review... http://www.myshopping.com.au/SV--986564_PetFood247

and the BEST (28 pages no less!...First post on Tue Nov 17, 2009 and last post on Mon Jan 17, 2011)

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic...?f=6&t=4422

I've just joined the scamwatch community and posted this in a thread relating to PetFood 24/7:

Current contact details as per my [worthless] order confirmation:

PO Box 3369 BANGOR NSW 2234

Phone 0450 078 884

[email protected]

This organisation is still scamming people! They've been reported to the ACCC, Fair Trading, and many customers have lodged disputes over transactions.

I'm a victim of these scumbags too. I'm so angry that anyone could take money from me (I'm unemployed and was looking to save as much as possible on dog food because I have no income at present) without delivering the goods ordered.

My bank is refunding the money shortly - they named the merchant before I even had the chance to tell them. So I'd say there have been HUNDREDS of victims.

Why are they still permitted to rip people off?

I'll be cross-posting to dolforums.com.au as well.

What is wrong with people? Why hasn't Fair Trading NSW acted to stop this organisation from ripping people off? :hug:

Did you pay with credit card lillysmum? is that why the bank will get your money back?

This appears to be the same GARY MCDUFF Wagsalot? He is under PetsForce in the eagle pack suppliers http://www.eaglepack.com.au/MoreInfo/NewSo...71/Default.aspx

PETS FORCE

61 East Parade, SUTHERLAND NSW 2232

Ph. 02 9545 0122

www.petsforce.com

[email protected]

At least there is an address

Edited by Boronia

Did you pay with credit card lillysmum? is that why the bank will get your money back?

This appears to be the same GARY MCDUFF Wagsalot? He is under PetsForce in the eagle pack suppliers http://www.eaglepack.com.au/MoreInfo/NewSo...71/Default.aspx

PETS FORCE

61 East Parade, SUTHERLAND NSW 2232

Ph. 02 9545 0122

www.petsforce.com

[email protected]

At least there is an address

Yep same one - The shop did use to be in Sutherland, but shut up quite a while ago.

Yes, I paid with my credit card, which I've now cancelled on bank's advice. Merchant has been known to deduct further monies once he has credit card details. :D :):hug:

What a scum bag. I truly hope he gets what he deserves. But Fair Trading seem to have taken very little action thus far. Otherwise he wouldn't be trading still. :o

Yes, I paid with my credit card, which I've now cancelled on bank's advice. Merchant has been known to deduct further monies once he has credit card details.

This particular merchant has been known to deduct further money? Or generally some merchants may have been known to deduct money from credit cards? If this particular merchant has done so then I think it would be a crime to report to the police, not a fair trading issue.

Yes, I paid with my credit card, which I've now cancelled on bank's advice. Merchant has been known to deduct further monies once he has credit card details.

This particular merchant has been known to deduct further money? Or generally some merchants may have been known to deduct money from credit cards? If this particular merchant has done so then I think it would be a crime to report to the police, not a fair trading issue.

My bank's advice was to cancel my card because this merchant has been known to deduct further funds once it has people's credit card details.

The merchant is an online retailer based in NSW and there have been numerous complaints lodged with Fair Trading in relation to orders not arriving, in relation to goods not being as described, and in relation to goods unfit for the intended purpose (being out of date, for example).

I have tried to resolve the issue with the merchant, but it would seem that either their e-mails aren't getting through and their voice mail service is not working and they can't receive text messages. Or of course they are simply avoiding me, which apparently has happened to many other customers as well. :D

It's a consumer law issue as it stands in my case. I'm choosing to mitigate further potential for loss by following my bank's advice and cancelling the card. There is little else I can do except to post warnings wherever I have the opportunity to do so. :)

I have been following this thread on www.scamwarners.com since I became a victim back in early November 2010.

I will also start cross-posting here.

Having jumped through all of the necessary hoops at Fair Trade, NSW and ACCC, I am now seeking legal advice through solicitors in NSW. If possible, I would like to take a group action against the proprietor to recover our funds, pay the legal costs and get him shut down.

Fair Trade and ACCC can't do anything except try to mediate at his point. Since he is not cooperating with them, it is up to us to take legal action through the CTTT (Tribunal) in NSW, because that's where he is located.

To file individually through them, it's roughly $35. Most people would not be willing to part with the extra money to take this guy to court.

That's what he is COUNTING ON!

By dropping the issue and not pursuing him through legal channels, you are not only letting him keep your hard earned money, but you are allowing him to continue doing the same thing to countless others.

Is anyone willing to join me in a legal effort against Mr. McDuff?

I have been following this thread on www.scamwarners.com since I became a victim back in early November 2010.

I will also start cross-posting here.

Having jumped through all of the necessary hoops at Fair Trade, NSW and ACCC, I am now seeking legal advice through solicitors in NSW. If possible, I would like to take a group action against the proprietor to recover our funds, pay the legal costs and get him shut down.

Fair Trade and ACCC can't do anything except try to mediate at his point. Since he is not cooperating with them, it is up to us to take legal action through the CTTT (Tribunal) in NSW, because that's where he is located.

To file individually through them, it's roughly $35. Most people would not be willing to part with the extra money to take this guy to court.

That's what he is COUNTING ON!

By dropping the issue and not pursuing him through legal channels, you are not only letting him keep your hard earned money, but you are allowing him to continue doing the same thing to countless others.

Is anyone willing to join me in a legal effort against Mr. McDuff?

If I had any $ I wouldn't have gone to this supplier because I was looking for the lowest price for a reason - I'm on a very tight budget ATM as I have no work or income support.

There's nothing stopping us mere consumers from maintaining the bad PR campaign now is there? And posting online is free! I've made myshopping.com.au very aware of what has happened to me and requested they remove links to the PetFood 24/7 website from their site. Will wait and see what happens.

Am off to see where else I can post my warnings about this fraudster.

He advertises as a supplier on the Eagle Pack website Lillysmum,

http://www.eaglepack.com.au/MoreInfo/NewSo...71/Default.aspx

I wonder if it would be worth your time to email them with links to the scamwarners site, it can't be doing Eagle Pack any favours

here is Eaglepack's contact details... http://www.eaglepack.com.au/Contact/tabid/64/Default.aspx ( [email protected] )

Edited by Boronia