Buying Pet Supplies Online

Amstaffs4me

An official warning from the NSW Fair Trading has been issued on Petfood247 and Mr. McDuff.

Please see http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About_us/News_and_events/Media_releases/2011_media_releases/20110302_public_warning_on_petfood247_and_gary_john_mcduff.h

tml and pass the information along to anyone you know who might shop for pet-related products online.

Keep those complaints going and help shut this guy down for good!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just caught the end of a thing on the radio (720 ABC) warning people not to place any orders with PetFood 24/7 and if they have then to contact consumer affairs (I think that was the one they said).

I paid for my order on 5 January and am STILL waiting for it. According to the latest e-mail I received, my order was sent more than two weeks ago but when I asked for tracking information, I've had NO reply.

So it's out there in an official capacity - petfood247.com.au is a business to avoid at all costs. It took more than 400 complaints by NSW consumers and countless more from other states, but at least now the word is out. :)

About time! I cannot believe it has taken this long and so many complaints :(

My mum also ordered something early January and is still waiting. Looks like she should give up waiting. Lucky her order was only about $80.

If she paid with credit card, contact the issuer for a refund. This operation is well known to my bank. :) I had the charges reversed within three days of informing the bank of the non-delivery. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fair Trade NSW is continuing their investigation on Gary John McDuff and his business, petfood247.com.au.

If you haven't already filed your complaint, please do so. Every person who steps forward ads to the ammunition we have to stop this guy. New consumer laws have come into effect recently that may help us in this matter. If you know someone who has been taken in by this mob, encourage them to file complaints, as well. Keep up the fight! We're making good progress.

Fair Trade NSW is continuing their investigation on Gary John McDuff and his business, petfood247.com.au.

If you haven't already filed your complaint, please do so. Every person who steps forward ads to the ammunition we have to stop this guy. New consumer laws have come into effect recently that may help us in this matter. If you know someone who has been taken in by this mob, encourage them to file complaints, as well. Keep up the fight! We're making good progress.