Buying Pet Supplies Online

Amstaffs4me

He advertises as a supplier on the Eagle Pack website Lillysmum,

http://www.eaglepack.com.au/MoreInfo/NewSo...71/Default.aspx

I wonder if it would be worth your time to email them with links to the scamwarners site, it can't be doing Eagle Pack any favours

here is Eaglepack's contact details... http://www.eaglepack.com.au/Contact/tabid/64/Default.aspx ( [email protected] )

I've spoken with Royal Canin in my search for another supplier. They are aware he is selling their products but he doens't buy from them so they have no control over his operations. I imagine that Eagle Pack would be the same.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if it would be worth your time to email them with links to the scamwarners site, it can't be doing Eagle Pack any favours

here is Eaglepack's contact details... http://www.eaglepack.com.au/Contact/tabid/64/Default.aspx ( [email protected] )

I've spoken with Royal Canin in my search for another supplier. They are aware he is selling their products but he doens't buy from them so they have no control over his operations. I imagine that Eagle Pack would be the same.

True, but they might want to take his listing off their website :)

True, but they might want to take his listing off their website :)

I can't see it on the EP website...am I missing something? I'm having a bad day...

Great thanks!

Did you happen to click the link to his site? It's not working any more...the store itself is closed according to Sydney people who've taken a trip there to find out where their orders are at.

No I didn't Lillysmum, I didn't notice the link (sorry) I did click it now though and it just said 'Page Not Found'

Sorry to see people being stung from fraud companies, so unfair.

I have only recently had the same happen to me with a different online company and i paid for 3 items (this was my xmas money that i chose to spend on the fur kids) the money was taken from my account that day 12th dec 2010 and i received nothing.

I emailed the company and rang them was given excuses about delay etc then they stopped answering my emails/ phone calls and i got no where.

So i contacted department fair trading and have reported them and thankfully i paid through paypal and they froze my money in the sellers account and gave the seller two options, post my items or give me a refund.

I ended up with a refund 18th jan 2011 (thank you paypal!)

I can't believe the lies that were told to me when i finally got through to the seller, he gave me a fake address which led to a 4wd company, i believe the products were never posted and he was scamming me (fraud) and thought he would get away with it by ignoring me.

My next step would of been a solicitor and a police report.

I also found out the seller has a ebay account and has changed his business name numerous times, with alot of unhappy customers that never recieved products or got there money back.

Buyer Beware - dont ever buy from a company that only supplies a mobile phone number and po box address as contact details, no matter how cheap their products are.

To anyone who is having a problem with petfood247:

An organised (and very legal) effort to hold this "business" accountable is underway.

At the moment, the majority of communication regarding the issues are taking place on the ScamWarners website at : http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic...;p=44703#p44703

All information and addresses of interest are listed there for your convenience.

(If the link doesn't work for some reason, just go to www.scamwarners.com and search for petfood247.com.au)

Updates to planning and status of the actions will be noted there until a dedicated site is ready to be launched (if his online shop has not shut down by that time).

Currently, it is highly recommended that you make a formal complaint to Fair Trade, NSW, even though they aren't doing much about it, because the more documented evidence we have, the better the chance that we will be successful in our efforts to stop him.

Regards

I don't understand why people are not reporting this to the police. If he is doing this to hundreds of people then surely the size of the fraud could be huge???

The more people that make police reports then surely the more active the police will want to be????

I don't understand why people are not reporting this to the police. If he is doing this to hundreds of people then surely the size of the fraud could be huge???

The more people that make police reports then surely the more active the police will want to be????

Fraud has to be proven. At this time, I believe my money will be refunded by my bank and my card is cancelled so it can't be accessed again.

If the merchant repeats a credit card charge when no goods or services have been supplied or requested by the card-holder, then that can be reported to Police because it is fraud plain and simple.

Unless the merchant hits a card subsequent to the initial order being made by the card holder and in the absence of a further order, there is no real case if the money is refunded OR if the goods eventually arrive.

Fraud has to be proven. At this time, I believe my money will be refunded by my bank and my card is cancelled so it can't be accessed again.

If the merchant repeats a credit card charge when no goods or services have been supplied or requested by the card-holder, then that can be reported to Police because it is fraud plain and simple.

Unless the merchant hits a card subsequent to the initial order being made by the card holder and in the absence of a further order, there is no real case if the money is refunded OR if the goods eventually arrive.

Actually no.... if multiple people are placing orders and not receiving goods then the police will be interested

If everyone just lets it go then they get away with it and so another person becomes a victim - just like you did

Sorry to see people being stung from fraud companies, so unfair.

I have only recently had the same happen to me with a different online company and i paid for 3 items (this was my xmas money that i chose to spend on the fur kids) the money was taken from my account that day 12th dec 2010 and i received nothing.

I emailed the company and rang them was given excuses about delay etc then they stopped answering my emails/ phone calls and i got no where.

So i contacted department fair trading and have reported them and thankfully i paid through paypal and they froze my money in the sellers account and gave the seller two options, post my items or give me a refund.

I ended up with a refund 18th jan 2011 (thank you paypal!)

I can't believe the lies that were told to me when i finally got through to the seller, he gave me a fake address which led to a 4wd company, i believe the products were never posted and he was scamming me (fraud) and thought he would get away with it by ignoring me.

My next step would of been a solicitor and a police report.

I also found out the seller has a ebay account and has changed his business name numerous times, with alot of unhappy customers that never recieved products or got there money back.

Buyer Beware - dont ever buy from a company that only supplies a mobile phone number and po box address as contact details, no matter how cheap their products are.

You should be telling us the name of the online store you have had issues with. It helps to spread the word :(

It is always a good idea to google any company you intend purchasing from - I do "company name" problems / scams / non delivery - it is amasing the info that sometimes comes up.

Absolutely agree. I have bought an awful lot online over the years, from Australian and overseas websites. The only issue I have ever had with any of them, I am sad to say, is with an Australian online store - Pet Supersavers in Qld.

If I had googled them first, I wouldn't be out of pocket now. There are a number of unhappy customers who have been ripped off by this store as I found out by googling..... you live and learn.

PetFood 24/7 is advertised on what I thought to be a reputable online shopping site.

I didn't even consider googling just for that reason as the site advertising it is supposed to be legitimate and above board. But when I dug further (after non-delivery) I found a lot of negative reviews. :(

A Facebook page has been set up to help address the ongoing issues with petfood247.com.au

It is a group called Dont trust "petfood247.com.au" at www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_146661895390132

Please share your stories about this online shop and help stop this from happening to others.

Actually no.... if multiple people are placing orders and not receiving goods then the police will be interested

If everyone just lets it go then they get away with it and so another person becomes a victim - just like you did

Yes, fraud has to be proven but um, isn't that what the police do? Investigate crime? Or do I have that wrong?

ATTN ALL DOL MEMBERS:

As of noon today we (Pets Warehouse Australia Pty Ltd) have started to receive phone calls and emails from

customers asking where there orders are.

In all cases so far each order was actually placed with PetFood247

For some reason, suggestions have been made through "The grapevine" that PetsWarehouse.com.au is also PetFood247

I have asked the people in question where they heard this, and aside from "On a website" etc I have very little to go on.

When I advised them to join here, or read the thread on the ScamWarners website, they get very sheepish and don't provide

much more information (except for a few that have sent a copy of there invoice so I can ensure the supplier/manufacturer of whatever

product was ordered be aware of what is happening).

Aside from also being based in the South West of Sydney, we have nothing to do with them, and for obvious reasons would

prefer they stop trading in such a manner. Listing products that are not in stock, not sending orders out etc etc in the long

run damages the online retail industry, and we all know what retail store pricing is like.

I would have preferred not to say anything, but when 10-20 orders missed getting sent out today by the time the courier and AusPost did there pickups due to being on the phone dealing with these people I have to get the word out there somehow, after all I am trying to do 3-4 peoples jobs on my own.

I have stated to any of the affected customers, I am willing to provide the same products ordered, at MY cost price plus exact shipping cost to try and appease them, upon presentation of a tax invoice from the other business.

(Note to Moderators: If this is out of line in any way, please remove)

http://PetsWarehouse.com.au

• 1 month later...

Fair Trading

was going to put this in the news section but I think it needs more exposure.

Public warning on PetFood247 and Gary John McDuff

2 March 2011

Fair Trading Deputy Commissioner Steve Griffin today warned the public not to deal with online pet supplies business, PetFood247 and its proprietor, Gary John McDuff.

Mr Griffin said PetFood247’s website is www.petfood247.com.au and the business is based in Bangor.

“NSW Fair Trading has received more than 400 complaints about PetFood247 since November 2009,” he said.

“Additional complaints have also been received by consumer protection agencies in Victoria, Western Australia and South Australia.

“Complaints concern the late or non delivery of goods and the failure of the business to respond to enquiries about delivery.”

Mr Griffin said Fair Trading had previously sought and received assurances from Mr McDuff that he would institute a complaints handling process and improve his communication with customers over non-delivery or delayed delivery of goods.

“Fair Trading does not believe Mr McDuff has systems in place to enable him to meet orders within a reasonable timeframe,” he said.

“Mr McDuff has also been unable to demonstrate to Fair Trading officers that he has an adequate plan to improve his handling of complaints from customers.

“Complaints against PetFood247 and Mr McDuff continue to be received and the behaviour of the business and its proprietor constitute unfair business practices.”

Affected NSW consumers should lodge complaints with NSW Fair Trading either online or at any Fair Trading Centre. Consumers affected in other jurisdictions should contact their relevant consumer protection agency.

Consumers who have not received their orders and who have made payments via credit card should contact their bank to request a charge back.

The public warning has been issued under Section 86A of the Fair Trading Act 1987.

For more information or advice call NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20

Edited by cvs