Yorkshire Terrier Scammers

Sunnyflower

My sister is wanting to get a Yorkie and as much as I love my sister she just cannot care for animals and she feels as though they are disposable! Breaks my heart and I almost went for her throat when I heard what she did with her last dog except our older sister got in between us to stop me. Unfortunately if I tell her she doesn't have the ability or heart to care for animals I will lose my sister!

She is falling for all of these stupid scams we hear about and I have given her the Dogzonline website to look for a dog and told her to be patient and spend the money, at least you know you wont be scammed.

Apparently the pup is in Perth and apparently waiting at the 'shipping companies depot' ready to rock and roll over her pending her payment.

here's the thing the dog PLUS all it's vet work and door to door shipping is $350. pfft yeah right, they called her this morning on an international number and could barely speak english YET she told me she does believe him. She hasn't spoken to this guy over the phone because he is at work and has his mobile switched off. Anyways have a look at the shipping companies website http://animaldeliveryservices.webs.com/ pretty good one hey! I'd definitely trust them with my dog. Nice attempt at a free website. It gets better. She has to deposit the money into a Greater Western bank in order for it to go, she will be given a pin and thank you ma'm your dog will be there tomorrow!

I've tried to help her and told her she is taking a stupid risk but she still feels the need to investigate it. It honestly doesn't matter what you say to her, she will not listen.

Best part about this one, the dog transport company is based in Camroon. Bet a lot of you have heard that on before!!!

Edited by Sunnyflower

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know she does have to learn the hard way and unfortunately all her animals have learnt the hard way of coming into her life.. I told her after many times telling her I personally wouldn't touch these people with a 10ft pole, that if she is comfortable with it then by all means deposit your money and lets just hope a gorgeous Yorkie shows up at the door. We know thats not going to happen but she refuses to listen.

She has 'Huntingtons Disease' which she is progressing quite fast at now so her mind isn't exactly sane so people and things like this take advantage cause that guard she once had up is falling down. It's terribly sad to watch.

OMG !!!! Stop her from proceeding with this !!!! We have had a number of people looking for Yorkies who have been caught in this scam - particularly related to Cameroon. Some have lost up to $1500. There is no doubt your sister will NEVER get her Yorkie from this source.

Oh I absolutely know it is a scam. There is no two ways about this and it is the naive people like my sister that fall for it!!

Thankfully she listened to my stress and went for her own clarification to confirm that she infact couldn't re-coup her money if it didn't exist! She just called to tell me she wont be doing it. PHEW!!!

In the process I have convinced her to go through a registered breeder if her and her partner choose to end up getting a dog.

I'm glad she didn't fall for it.

Can you speak to her partner about what happens to her animals?

She has only been with her current partner for a year and a half and the last dog she disposed of was prior to him. Thankfully her partner now is an absolute doll and I know he wont let anything happen to the animals and if it was turning badly he would contact me.

She got a horse 12 months ago and I have been keeping an eye on this thing like a hawk. Made sure she understood completely that I will report her if care isn't take. Thankfully she has done a great job with the horse and hasn't lost her touch.

Best part about this one, the dog transport company is based in Camroon. Bet a lot of you have heard that on before!!!

Yes, some of us have heard of it because they have contacted us looking to "buy" puppies from us. They of course like all scammers wanted our bank details up front .... fat chance!!!

She is about to be fleeced, big time.

Tell your sister to go and join the army or do something useful with her life and give all such scammers a wide berth.

Souff

Edited by Souff

She has only been with her current partner for a year and a half and the last dog she disposed of was prior to him. Thankfully her partner now is an absolute doll and I know he wont let anything happen to the animals and if it was turning badly he would contact me.

She got a horse 12 months ago and I have been keeping an eye on this thing like a hawk. Made sure she understood completely that I will report her if care isn't take. Thankfully she has done a great job with the horse and hasn't lost her touch.

I'm glad she has you keeping an eye out for the welfare of her animals (just in case).

Huntington's must be hard to live with. :)

Oh I absolutely know it is a scam. There is no two ways about this and it is the naive people like my sister that fall for it!!

Thankfully she listened to my stress and went for her own clarification to confirm that she infact couldn't re-coup her money if it didn't exist! She just called to tell me she wont be doing it. PHEW!!!

In the process I have convinced her to go through a registered breeder if her and her partner choose to end up getting a dog.

that's awesome!! :)

sorry to hear your sister has Huntington.. but she is very lucky to have a sister like you :worship:

I'm glad she has you keeping an eye out for the welfare of her animals (just in case).

Huntington's must be hard to live with. :rofl:

It's definitely just in case. My sister in law and brother watch her pretty fiercly too.

Huntington's is very hard but I've grown up with it in my life. My Nan had it, my Mum's in a nursing home with it and now Katie has it.

Me and my older sister have tested clear but we don't know about our two brothers. Hard to watch her deteriate at only 29 though.

that's awesome!! :)

sorry to hear your sister has Huntington.. but she is very lucky to have a sister like you :rofl:

Thanks CW EW :rofl: She is a Gemini and that split personality thing kills me. We clash like you wouldn't believe. :worship: