Your Favourite Type Of Blades

shells

I have some Wahl KM2 clippers and with them an few different blades - various "generic, no-name" brands and a Wahl branded blade. I will admit that the Wahl blade is better than the generic blades - it fits nicer and seems to give that little bit better cut.

What blades do you like to use? Do you stick with your clippers manufactures blades or have you found something out there that fits and works even better.

I am in the market for some new blades and have thought I would ask here before buying some more :coffee:

I’ve worked in the pet grooming servicing industry a few years back and it was impossible to get any clear consensus on products used by professional groomers regarding blades, clippers or scissors.

There are those that claim ceramic blades are superior and then others that state they are rubbish. Many blades come from the same factory and only branded differently yet they are viewed differently by end users. All blades will vary when new as the sharpening process is a variable operation and they are not usually tested after factory sharpening. This often leads to a particular user getting a set against a brand when they get one that is not that sharp when new.

I have Wahl clippers but I use Oster blades with them, can't complain about them as I have been clipping 17 dogs ( Tibetan Terriers, Bichons, Poodle, and Chinese Crested Powder Puff) every 3 months for the past 10 or more years and the blades have lasted quite a long time between sharpenings.

Marion01

Do the different brands just fit, or do you need to make modifications to them?

I have wahl km2 clippers and wahl blades, but admit I have looked at a few others and wondered if they would just fit on. I previously had Thrive clippers, but to use wahl or oster blades, I had to modify them to fit