Chi Stolen From Adelaide Royal

Sayly

Harry was in his box, the thief reached over the railing, pulled the pin out, opened the door, grabbed Harry and took off

The banks of boxes at Adelaide Royal don't have locks, only latches

This is why you never leave your dog/s unattended, even big dogs cause god knows what some nutter might give them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry was in his box, the thief reached over the railing, pulled the pin out, opened the door, grabbed Harry and took off

The banks of boxes at Adelaide Royal don't have locks, only latches

This is why you never leave your dog/s unattended, even big dogs cause god knows what some nutter might give them.

Absolutely. I hate the public interaction and it is a stressful day when it comes to dog safety. Last year I had my Import bitch stood on by a member of the public while I was attempting (with great difficulty) to get to the ring and she had to be scratched - broken toe.

This year we have 7 dogs between us (another exhibitor and myself) and 4 people organised to care for them and we have organised a 'roster' to sit with the dogs at all times. I am a bit paranoid and this year I have a Baby and Border babies are very cute. I had fears of turning my back for a few seconds....... The dreadful news of Kylie's wee man is a very timely warning and has done nothing to allay my fears. This is the world we now live in and while it is appalling and completely unacceptable, it is how it now is. Just dreadful and puts me off bothering with Royals.

I pray Kylie gets her wee man back -- she must be going out of her mind with worry.

I hope the thief who took Harry gets bitten more than once by the brave little fella - I hope that they grow a conscience and drop him off to the nearest vet and Kylie gets him back safe & well.

This dog is of no use to them - he is completely attached to his owner.

Thoughts are with you Kylie, don't give up!

And a footnote to other exhibitors - you know when a new face joins our hobby, welcome them - they may not have anyone to look out for them and their babies. Things like this will turn people away from our hobby because it can be very difficult when you first start out and you are on your own to even get a chance to go to the loo or grab something to eat. If we all look out for each other more, it will make it harder for awful things like this to happen to any one of us!

How awful :)

Someone on another forum has blamed the owner for not supervising her dog :) . Seriously, it is not possible to watch your dog like a hawk all day! It only takes someone asking a question and you turn your back on your dog.

what i heard was that Kylie had asked someone else to look after her dogs and they didn't ???? dn't know if this is true.

it is so easy to take dogs from shows these days, i think we all need to start getting padlocks or if we need to show dogs bring a family member who can mind the dogs while you go to the toilet etc. etc.

i hate showing on my own thats why i always make sure a family member is present with me these days. it just takes a split second, i notice that sometimes show people do leave their dogs and shows are open to the public. meanwhile we all advertise on the internet, the dogs awards their photo, our phone numbers everything to make it easier for a would be thief.

at our last members chihuahua comp in victoria here, we had a meeting left our dogs outside near tennis courts on a footy field......i said and others, shouldn't we get someone to mind our dogs, there were 2 suspicious looking men hanging around looking at all our dogs, some were just in pens easy access. so we got someone to mind the dogs, the men were waiting to play tennis but i am always mindful of this so thats why i suggested someone should be watching.

this is the way the world is going, that dog would be worth less than $500 if they sold it in the pet market, what is that asian guy thinking, DD"s are worth more than a chihuahua!!!!!!! sadly........

if we all keep on spreading the word there is a good chance kylie will be able to get her beloved dog back, there was a story a few months ago about a parrot, from a well known petstore in melbourne who was snatched and through facebook they were able to get him back and the parrot wasn't microchipped..........

so hopefully advertising through media it will bring the dog back, i am hoping anyway........ :)

apparently an interview on channel 9 has just gone to air????????

there is a teenager on facebook saying he has asian neighbors who just got a dog yesterday like the one in the media. maybe just mucking around he is laughing........

Edited by toy dog

OMG, i saw this on the news, I hope Harry is returned healthy and safe back to his owners. My heart goes out to the Owners of this beautiful guy.

Please be safe Harry and returned very soon to your loving owners. I cant stop crying and thinking of Harry.

Lots of Love to the Owners.

Still no news!! How very distressing for Kylie, she musst be absolutely beside herself with worry. And poor Harry, he must be so frightened and confused.

In do hope he is found soon.

Someone has suggested that if we all keep spreading the word the chances of him being found is greater - lets hope so and keep spreading the news.

this is terrible and a nightmare for any owner of a pet.

Wouldn't it be helpful if the media got it right though? There is a reward of $5000 for the dog, NOT a dog has been stolen that is worth $5000.

Someone wanting to get the reward would be more likely to take notice if it stated it as a reward, which it IS, rather than (as usual) the media twisting stories into something that sounds better to the writer of the article.

ETA I am referring to the article on Nine MSN.

Edited by nynka

Wouldn't it be helpful if the media got it right though? There is a reward of $5000 for the dog, NOT a dog has been stolen that is worth $5000.

Someone wanting to get the reward would be more likely to take notice if it stated it as a reward, which it IS, rather than (as usual) the media twisting stories into something that sounds better to the writer of the article.

Before the reward was offered the story was that Harry was worth $5000. I wouldn't be surprised if he was worth that. But I do think that it's more important that they report the reward than what he is worth - and I'm sure he's worth more than that to the Sunmans anyway.

Before the reward was offered the story was that Harry was worth $5000. I wouldn't be surprised if he was worth that. But I do think that it's more important that they report the reward than what he is worth - and I'm sure he's worth more than that to the Sunmans anyway.

yes they got that screwed up, he is worth about $250 if he was sold on the pet market to an ordinary home! i had similar dogs like harry and thats all they are worth considering they aren't too friendly with people or kids, no one wants a dog like that. also he isn't a stud and has never been mated so these idiots think they are going to breed him, think again. stupid idiots.

Disappointed with the 7PM Project's take on the whole thing. :eek:

Me too :) At least Chris Brown tried to make it serious

Yeah for once he said the right things!

I can't believe they thought it was funny. :eek: He is someone's family member.

Disappointed with the 7PM Project's take on the whole thing. :)

Same here :eek: I thought Carrie Bickmore's comment was heartless to say the least - couldn't believe that she actually asked Chris Brown if little Harry would be better off - insinuating that he leads some hell of a life as a show dog all strung up in the show ring & all of the blow drying etc - blah, blah, blah !!!!

Shame on Ms Bickmore for her insensitivity & total lack of knowledge & understanding of how precious our beloved dogs are to us.

As for Charlie making jokes :D Well I thought better of him being such a dog lover - he supposedly dotes on his Scottie cross & Westie dogs. How would he feel if one of his beloved dogs was stolen.

:eek:

VERY Disappointed

My heart goes out to Harry's family - I hope that he is soon back home with them.