Dog Toy - Big Ball With Tug Handles

Erny

I'm looking for one of these for a client. About basketball size. I thought I'd seen and/or heard of them some time ago, but can't find them via google. With handle/grips on the ball so a bit of tug can be engaged.

Did I dream this one up, or do these things exist? And if they do exist, can anyone tell me where I might get them?

Ooooh ........ Tug N' Toss "Jolly Balls" - this is close to what I want, but need at least one or even two other handles so owner can grab fairly easily and engage in tug with her dog.

post-5887-1284638134_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erny

Hi Erny, yes they do exist and I have seen them and would like one myself. The one I have seen the ball is like one of those "staffy" balls - extremely tuff and they can't bite through it and the handles are not of rope but a materila like the Aussie Dog Throw. Check out the Aussie Dog website, they might have something similar. I have seen two-handled balls at Pet-O, however the ball would last approx 1 minute in my household.

Well, not sure about the Super Striker ............. but your bundlefull of pups have certainly caught my attention :eek:. How beautiful they are :o.

Thanks GR. That would be a great toy as well.

My client has a little bit of arthritis in her hands - she's not too bad in that she can work reasonably well with them, but they do lose strength and therefore I'm looking for a grip handle that might make it a little easier for her to hold on to.

But these are two reasonably good options and the Super Striker would be good because of the four pieces of tug coming off it.

Thanks for that ;) .

Erny

Thanks Erny, only one of those pups will be mine though :eek:

I have the Super Striker ball - if two dogs pull hard on it the rope handles will come off and you have to tie them on again.

But for one dog and it's human, the rope handles would be fine ;)

Edited by Golden Rules

Thanks Adnill44. Checked out the Aussie Dog website but didn't see anything there that I'm looking for. "Pet-O" .... not heard of that store, but will continue by web-search tomorrow.

Will also check out the Petstock ones you've referred to, KHM. Thanks also :thumbsup:.

Thanks all.

GR - Good luck with picking a pup. Will be hard to decide. They all look gorgeous - only as pups can :D.

Edited by Erny

Look here for the Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Orbee Ball with Rope - large is only 10.5cm but is very strong

Petstock has the 19cm Action Ball in their latest online catalogue:

post-21294-1284657469.jpg

But maybe consider getting a Horse Ball toy - they usually have moulded in handles to which you could easily fasten a rope handle to to suit the owner. They are of course designed for horses to play with so are pretty tough. They mostly look like this:

post-21294-1284657808.jpg

Just realised you could probably add your own rope handles to those Jolly Balls as well. :thumbsup:

EFtypos

Edited by RuralPug

Tilly loves the super striker balls, but when I ended up buying her another one a few months back she had popped the ball within a few minutes and the rope came off really quickly too.

The first one I bought for her lasted for a good few months...not sure if it was her excitement with getting a new one or whether it wasn't made as well as the first, but I won't be buying any more of them for her.

Are the jolly balls good?

Ooooh ........ Tug N' Toss "Jolly Balls" - this is close to what I want, but need at least one or even two other handles so owner can grab fairly easily and engage in tug with her dog.

post-5887-1284638134_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this! Riley has a yellow ball (handles been chewed off) and he's had it for years and its still going strong. THe name rubbed off though so I had no idea who made it and couldnt' remember where I got it from.

It's a Dr Harry Super Striker you want maybe ..... will see if I can find a pic....

The ropes don't last 2 minutes here - they come straight off, but the balls a hit - moreso when punctured :thumbsup:

Image removed by Troy due to copyright.

One like this? Found this one at leerburg.com. Think it is made by Jolly Ball company, just different model from the handle one. My dogs used to have one, they loved it. The ropes are very strong

Edited by Troy
remove image

PetBarn use to sell the Karlie Action Balls (same as the soccer ball a few posts above) which came in a soccer ball or basket ball. Our BC has the basketball one, but since has chewed the ropes off so now he just has a basket ball which he plays soccer with (he has a soccer ball but as far as he is concerned it just stupid to play soccer with a soccer ball lol)

I had the Super Striker and it took Jett and Bandit all of 5 minutes to pull off the ropes!

Jolly Ball lasted a week before Bandit ripped a hole in it....

ETA: It would depend on the breed of dog and how 'hard' they go at their toys.

Edited by TrinaJ

Thanks everyone.

I like the idea of handles (rope or moulded) for the sake of the owner/handler, who has a bit of trouble with arthritic hands. But of course we need at least two so that the dog can grab on one of them.

I've passed on the Super Striker and also the Jolly Balls ideas to the owner today and will mention the others to her as well, to let her make the choice. She knows more than I as to which she would find the easiest to manage/handle.

Appreciate your help.

Love DOL. It affords such great access to a broad spread of people with a wealth of info and experiences :).

Cheers

Erny

:thumbsup: