Peppi's Diary

Vickie

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WEEK FIVE:

A good week for training since Pep is now fully recovered. The heat is interfering a little :rofl: .

A couple of videos from this week:

Chloe has taught Pep to sit between her legs & this will be her startline. :laugh: She still hasn't attempted to teach her a stay but hopefully this will come soon :rofl: . Her is a short sequence, their first attempt at a front cross.

and another one, they are doing lots of running around together & it seems to be paying off

Rewarding her for following Chloe's hand

Some tricks

Chloe has also started teaching her foundations for running contacts.

Edited by Vickie

That second one came up in my subscriptions the other day, she is a speedy little thing isn't she!

She's looking good and seems to be having a lot of fun :(

Thanks amypie, yes she sure is having fun & it seems like she will be quite speedy. We decided ages ago that she probably more JRT than Foxy X, although we have no idea what the other bit/s may be.

I have been trying to think since we got her who she reminds me of...I just realised the other day. She looks a lot like Susan Garrett's Decaff, is about the same size & bounces around a lot like her too. Decaff is a JRT mix so that fits with what we thought.

I couldn't find a pic of Decaff, but found this video

Edited by Vickie

Yes she does look like decaff!

Her ears, markings and coat are very Tenterfield / Mini Foxie like though, but could also be from a JRT, who knows because she's obviously a lot bigger but she's a lovely dog!

I love the sit between the legs you teach your dogs :rofl:

:laugh: it can be quite dangerous for the unsuspecting :)

Trim & Shine have tripped a few people over trying to assume position before they have been invited. Shine especially has scared the crap out of a few visitors here :(

Pep is already starting to use it as her default behaviour, so it looks like she will catch a few out too :rofl:

Edited by Vickie

I love the sit between the legs you teach your dogs :)

:laugh: it can be quite dangerous for the unsuspecting :p

Trim & Shine have tripped a few people over trying to assume position before they have been invited. Shine especially has scared the crap out of a few visitors here :thumbsup:

Pep is already starting to use it as her default behaviour, so it looks like she will catch a few out too :laugh:

:laugh:

I love the sit between the legs you teach your dogs :laugh:

As do I Den's been taught to do it lol.. The judges always get a kick out of it when I do it lol!

Go Chloe and Pep, That is going to be a team to watch out for! I reckon 2012 nationals here they come :laugh:

We just lure, click, reward

and again & again &.....

Once you put it in front of a jump, the jump becomes the reward!

Lots of people seem to be doing it now, I have even seen a few overseas doing it. I like it b/c it's a set routine & b/c it allows me to put them exactly where I want them to start. I suspect it wouldn't fit with GD & SG methods but mine never duck behind me on course so it's all good.

We just lure, click, reward

and again & again &.....

Once you put it in front of a jump, the jump becomes the reward!

Lots of people seem to be doing it now, I have even seen a few overseas doing it. I like it b/c it's a set routine & b/c it allows me to put them exactly where I want them to start. I suspect it wouldn't fit with GD & SG methods but mine never duck behind me on course so it's all good.

I saw a bit of your daughter teaching it in Pep's tricks video. I think she should come train my dogs and me! :rofl:

Sorry to hijack your thread Vickie :) but I just did a little lesson with Banjo and after a few goes he was racing around and through my legs :rofl: , I haven't asked for the sit yet, I was wondering do you always do it from the same side, I was getting him to go around my left side. Thanks :rofl: .

I saw a bit of your daughter teaching it in Pep's tricks video. I think she should come train my dogs and me! :thumbsup:

:laugh: I've got a better idea, you come here & I will go to WA! You have some of the best trainers in the country, I would love to train with them.

Sorry to hijack your thread Vickie :laugh: but I just did a little lesson with Banjo and after a few goes he was racing around and through my legs :laugh: , I haven't asked for the sit yet, I was wondering do you always do it from the same side, I was getting him to go around my left side. Thanks :laugh: .

Feel free to hijack any time ;)

YAY you & Banjo :thumbsup: . I always ask it on the left. The same signal on the right means run in circles around me.

Edited by Vickie