Can You Export Pups From A Sire And Dam Marked Not For Export

wintacove

I have been asked lately by quite a few people wondering can you export a puppy overseas if the mother and father of the litter are marked in australia as not for export. Looking at all rule books in QLD & NSW nothing states that this is not allowed. If both sire and dam are not to be exported that is fine, but does anyone know if it is ok to export a puppy from there litter?? I believe myself that it could be allowed, but not sure. So does anyone know if you can or cannot, also can you point out the rule where it isn't allowed, that is if it isn't.

yeah i said the same about contacting the breeder also of both dam and sire as they probably did have a reason for having there dogs put on not for export. I was also told that say if a sire is marked not for export then his semen isn't to be exported, not sure if that is true either. If that is the case then wouldn't it be made that any live pups bred by him shouldn't be exported too??? i'm so glad i haven't got this problem with my guys, not that i export anyway, but it is something that i'm curious about as i know people wanting to do this with a litter at the moment, so more thoughts be good guys :laugh::rofl:

Ummm no, just because a dog or bitch is marked not for export, it doesn't mean that the breeder of that dog or bitch has any right to stipulate what happens to their progeny. The exception would be if someone using that dog or leasing the bitch has signed a contract pertaining to their use.

All pups they I register on the main are stamped not for export. It doesn't mean that I don't want their progeny to be exported, nor does it prevent any one breeding from them doing it. Many breeders routinely mark their pups "not for export"

I'd guess you can export a dog or bitch with 'not for export' pedigree, but you'd run into trouble when you tried to get the pedigree registered in the new location. The canine authorities power doesn't go much beyond what animal can and cannot be put on a pedigree register or shown. As for semen, unless it is written into the pedigree stipulations that neither the dog nor his progeny can be exported . . . which could be done and might cause problems with registration of a pedigree . .. I'd say you're fine. At least in WA there is space on the back of the pedigree for the seller to add stipulations.

Going from the UK perspective - any dog can be exported but only those with a restriction free pedigree/registration can be registered with a new registry. ie there is nothing to stop you moving abroad with your dog but unless the export restriction is lifted, the dog couldn't be registered in the new country.

It is up to the breeder of the litter, if they want to send a pup abroad, then they just don't put the export restriction on that pup - that pup is a different individual to the adult who has the restriction on.

Semen? i would imagine that it would be OK to send abroad, afterall the dog is staying in the country and that is the point of the export ban....

I'd guess you can export a dog or bitch with 'not for export' pedigree, but you'd run into trouble when you tried to get the pedigree registered in the new location. The canine authorities power doesn't go much beyond what animal can and cannot be put on a pedigree register or shown. As for semen, unless it is written into the pedigree stipulations that neither the dog nor his progeny can be exported . . . which could be done and might cause problems with registration of a pedigree . .. I'd say you're fine. At least in WA there is space on the back of the pedigree for the seller to add stipulations.

You'd never get an export pedigree to begin with this end...

There's nothing stopping you from physically shipping the animal out of the country. I could take any or all of my dogs if I decided to up and leave tomorrow. The issue would be, I could not re-register them in my new country, nor register any of their progeny, they were stamped not for export.

You don't need an export pedigree to send a dog overseas. You only need an export pedigree if you want to re-register the dog overseas. So stamping a pedigree not for export is only going to stop the honest ones.

You don't need an export pedigree to send a dog overseas. You only need an export pedigree if you want to re-register the dog overseas. So stamping a pedigree not for export is only going to stop the honest ones.

That's correct, I was replying to Sandgrubbers post re running into trouble trying to register at the other end - you'd not get as far as an export pedigree this end (which you'd need to re-register in another country).

It's cool Aziah. I wasn't talking to anybody in particular...just commenting that essentially marking a pedigree not for export is really not necessarily going to do a lot of good when it comes to the dog and not the paper trail! :wave:

Oh and there are registries overseas now, where you don't even require an export pedigree to re-register as long as you can provide a pedigree with an official stamp on it and a photograph of the dog.

It's cool Aziah. I wasn't talking to anybody in particular...just commenting that essentially marking a pedigree not for export is really not necessarily going to do a lot of good when it comes to the dog and not the paper trail! ;)

Oh and there are registries overseas now, where you don't even require an export pedigree to re-register as long as you can provide a pedigree with an official stamp on it and a photograph of the dog.

That's terrible!

Just contacted Dogs QLD and they said that you can export pups from a litter where the sire and dam are marked not for export, but they did say that it was brought up awhile back about exporting semen from a male marked not for export that they had a meeting and found that you should not be aloud to do this. But honestly i really don't see the difference in exporting pups from that sire or exporting his semen, his prodgeny is still being exported either way.

It's cool Aziah. I wasn't talking to anybody in particular...just commenting that essentially marking a pedigree not for export is really not necessarily going to do a lot of good when it comes to the dog and not the paper trail! ;)

Yes it's quite true.

Some countries have classification days where they get the visiting judges to help classify the dogs as being pure.

These are dogs that have been collected from people who just don't want the dog anymore. As long as it is a pure bred it will be used as foundation breeding stock for that country.

The hitch is, can Dogs QLD enforce their opinion. I'd guess it might be hard to keep the 'not for export' attached to the papers that follow the semen, and even if it were attached, some places may not consider the stipulation valid/legal. So it comes down to a big MAYBE.

Just contacted Dogs QLD and they said that you can export pups from a litter where the sire and dam are marked not for export, but they did say that it was brought up awhile back about exporting semen from a male marked not for export that they had a meeting and found that you should not be aloud to do this. But honestly i really don't see the difference in exporting pups from that sire or exporting his semen, his prodgeny is still being exported either way.