Anyone With A 'large, Trained' Dog Want Some Movie Work?

FranVT

I don't really see an issue, it's a film...it's not like the dog will actually be attacking anyone.

You can use my dog if ya want, he speaks on command but he is not anywhere as nicely trained as other peoples dogs on here. Unfortunately, he is a mutt so you may not be interested (benefit to being a mutt though is it doesnt discredit any particular breed LOL).

EDIT: On second thoughts probably not a good idea. Once you start him barking it can sometimes be hard to shut him up again LMAO, plus he'd be wagging his tail the whole time and trying to get cuddles every 5 minutes. And he is probably not well trained enough though he has potential. He does kinda meet requirements though, large blocky head, black, can look staunch, but also have that other look you were talking about.

Good luck with it though.

hey lana, he sounds like he could be great. what we could do is phase the shoot so that we get the calm stuff early on when he's still relaxed and the cutaways to him woofing and being energetic afterwards. do you reckon he'd be able to sit still a couple of times for about 30 - 40 seconds?

mutts are awesome in my opinion anyway, and i'm sure the crew would be giving him heaps of cuddles as it is.

He will definitely sit still for 30 to 40 seconds - especially if there is a piece of food on offer (though he may drool LOL)

I will send you a pm for a bit of a chat as I am def interested in him being involved but not 100% sure he would be "trained" enough for your needs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) :D :( I have a well trained newf...will sit forever, very obedient. doesn't bark though. have a golden cross Border collie who is very obedient too and "smiles" and "speaks'' on command, even says "hello". Probably too far away

• 4 weeks later...

This short film called 'DOG' was shot last week and what an eye opening fun experience it has been! My big cuddle bum Rocko enjoyed every minute of being the centre of attention and getting lots of treats ;) I'm so chuffed as Rocko is now immortalised on film :) Not bad for a pound pooch FF.

Will(the Director) thought Rocko had the look he wanted, large (67kg), dark brindle and a boof head! The week before the shoot my daughter and I took Rocko and Lani into Fox Studio's to meet Will, main cast and some crew. Some pre film shoot photographs were taken of Rocko with the 2 main actors. They all thought he was gorgeous and Rocko lapped up the attention. Because Rocko doesn't bark on command that was Lani's part :laugh: I only have to say 'What's that?' and she will bark lol.

This is a pic of my daughter in at Fox Studio's with the dogs. It felt strange walking through there with the 2 largish dogs, I was waiting for security to kick me out :o

P1050589.jpg

Rocko was so good on set, I was very proud of him. He was more obedient and patient than I knew he could be. He quickly 'got' what we wanted him to do and tried hard to oblige. Rocko is so treat driven he will do anything for a spec of bacon or liver treat ;) Even the complex lighting set ups close around him, a sound guy with earphones on and a long pole putting a microphone in front of him and a camera pointing right at him didn't take his focus off that treat or my eyes waiting for the words 'good boy' that meant he could come and get it!! :D

Rocko shared everyone's excitement whenever the perfect shot of him was achieved, belting everyone on the thighs with his steel whip of a tail (ouch!) while he was told what a champion boy he was!.... Will gave him lots of breaks to go and sniff around outside & snooze in the garden. He even got a lemonade ice block.

The talent, dedication and patience I witnessed from Will and the crew over the 2 days Rocko and I were on set was inspirational. Will is a beautiful,very creative, talented human being, by beautiful I mean inside... he was caring and considerate to all on set, always spoke kindly, was appreciative of his cast & crew and all while he was trying to keep to a schedule and instruct the lighting and sound people for the next shot, as well as making sure we were all happy,fed and watered... a multi tasking man :) A rare creature indeed :p For such a young man he was amazing and I think we will see and hear lots more from him in the next decade.

His great love of dogs was very obvious from his natural way with Rocko, Rocko took to him immediately. In between shots I noticed Rocko following him around or sitting at his feet getting a scratch. When we arrived on the second day Rocko couldn't wait to get inside, I dropped his lead once we were safely inside the gates and he was off to find everyone! Funny boy :)

P1050631.jpg

I can't wait to see the finished product or even some stills. Unfortunately Leah couldn't take pictures of Rocko being filmed as the flash & sound would have been a problem.

I know there was some discussion and concern about how this short film presented dogs in a negative way and I completely respect and understand those views as does Will. Rocko was happy the entire time,he wasn't incited to bark or growl, he just doesnt do that! Rocko enjoyed every minute of being fussed over except maybe the late afternoon shots when he didn't really want to get up off the couch he had claimed as his own :(

P1050638.jpg

Lani, my pretty Mastiff X foster girl came with us 1 of the days for her bark, she will bark at anything so the sound guy simply recorded her barking. For the rest of the day Lani had the run of the place with Leah my daughter while I worked with Rocko..

P1050639.jpg

The way I see it this film is an artwork, a short intense film to display Wills talent, skill and creativity as a film maker and script writer.The scripts somewhat cryptic message relates to male jealousy not dog breeds. Its not a documentary nor will it be seen by mainstream community.

I feel privelidged to have had my precious heartdog Rocko play a part in Wills film. I was so very proud of both Lani and Rocko, such awesome dogs and both were poundies about to be PTS when they first came here. Would you believe Lani is still looking for the right forever home :eek: .

Edited by Cazstaff

Wow that is such great news! I'm so thrilled that it all went well. I could tell from Will's emails that he was a really great person :rofl::lollipop:

Thanks for posting up the request FranCQ. It was a hoot! I had no idea how much went into film making and these young creative clever people are just unbelievable.

At times I just sat back and thought how can you know so much and have such a clear artistic vision of what you want, brilliant views and idea's when you are all so young???

Inspirational!

Ill do it. Well depending what they want etc, but my dog/dogs can do it all

Give them my emial addy monelite at live dot com dot au

My dog can play and speak on command, but I can not get him to growl. Don't mean to go ot, but how do you teach your dog to growl on command? My dog only growls when he thinks someone is suss, or when he thinks someone is trying to enter the property. He is not an excessive barker, and teaching speak was quite difficult as a result, but we managed to shape whining into barking eventually by holding a toy out of reach for ages. But when he does growl, he sounds like a bear and even I get a bit scared so it would be awesome to be able to get him to do that on command.

Wow that is such great news! I'm so thrilled that it all went well. I could tell from Will's emails that he was a really great person :rofl::lollipop:

Thanks for posting up the request FranCQ. It was a hoot! I had no idea how much went into film making and these young creative clever people are just unbelievable.

At times I just sat back and thought how can you know so much and have such a clear artistic vision of what you want, brilliant views and idea's when you are all so young???

Inspirational!

Any idea of when we can all see the finished product??

Wow that is such great news! I'm so thrilled that it all went well. I could tell from Will's emails that he was a really great person :shrug::crazy:

Inspirational!

Any idea of when we can all see the finished product??

I don't really know where it will be showing that public can see it? It will be entered in Short film comps & Film festivals etc....that sort of thing.