Update On Xena

Megs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mummy dog and daddy dog first share a water bowl

then take a stroll on the beach together

then share a marrow bone, nibbling either ends while staring at each other adoringly

then the magical puppy fairy waves her wand and *poof*

Xena appears :)

:)

What a sweet and unusual little creature she is! Probably one of the strangest crossbreed I've heard of...how did she come about?

Well Liz, first you get a boy dog.....and then you get a girl dog......and........

Oh as simple and that...reckless and careless owners.. I see.

Edited by LizT

mummy dog and daddy dog first share a water bowl

then take a stroll on the beach together

then share a marrow bone, nibbling either ends while staring at each other adoringly

then the magical puppy fairy waves her wand and *poof*

Xena appears :)

Sounds like a "Disney Movie"......always wondered if 'Tramp' was desexed after that litter.......

:laugh:
What a sweet and unusual little creature she is! Probably one of the strangest crossbreed I've heard of...how did she come about?

Well Liz, first you get a boy dog.....and then you get a girl dog......and........

I actually posted the advert for the pups a few pages back, it was a Dashy cross crested, I even phoned the woman way back then!!

How adorable. Best of luck with her - she looks like a real sweetie. Bit partial to the Crested's, my sister has 4 rescue ones....

Interesting X, I wander if something is starting... this would be the third Dachshund x Crested that I have seen - though the others were in Sydney.

One was funny, he was a black and tan. Bald as a Badger all over but had fairly short brown hairs on his paws, black wispy tip on his tail and a black short mohawk on top (similar to this girl, however hers is possibly longer). Very similar look to a Dachsy but skin like a crested. Didn't quite look right but he was a real sweetie and well loved.

:laugh:

I actually posted the advert for the pups a few pages back, it was a Dashy cross crested, I even phoned the woman way back then!!

I see, just updated myself on Xenas storys..well done Megs...she is looking so much the better for the correct care she is getting.

Wazzat Xolo, are they being DD'd now then??

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again for everyones comments, its nice to get such wonderful feedback. :rofl:
What a little honey pot she is! . And how gorgeous are Xena and Kasey together! Tooooo much cuteness!!!

If anyone is interested in helping out with Xena's vet fees, I've put her up as Dog of the Month on my website

http://fidosfunhouse.com.au/help_this_dog_44.html . $35 raised already

I also have a donation tin for her at the shop which I'll include with the sponsorship money at the end of the month (end of October I should say)

ETA - fundraising with Meg's permission

Thank you so so so much yellowgirl, i am expecting Xena's vet bill to go to about $500 today so every dollar helps alot!

The vet actually just rang me and although i told her that a number of crested people have confirmed that its just pimples shes keen to do a biopsy on her skin, paticulary the couple of bigger lumps under her skin on her back legs, her and another vet are paying for the lab costs so its not costing me anything :cry:. They have never seen a crestie before so they're interested in expanding their knowledge and getting a definite diagnosis, its really nice to see :p.

Better go Kasey is giving me the why haven't you walked me yet eyes :)

Hey Megs, any updates on Xena; skin issues, etc? Did the vet end up doing a biopsy on the lumps?

No wonder the coats I sent didn't fit her! I didn't realise she was so long and skinny, I thought from the other pics you posted she was long and tubby ;) .

If she still needs a coat, a wonderful customer donated this jumper for Xena when she saw her picture and info at the shop :banghead: It's about 40cm long and I can post it out to you this week.

fbirthdayxena.jpg

Apart from the Dog of the Month donations for Xena, we've so far raised around $50 from her donation tin at the shop :). Let me know if you need the funds now rather than at the end of the month :laugh:

Hugs to Xena and Kasey

xxx