Pacers Need A Foster Carer In Sydney Area

Steve

This has only just come to our attention so there's no time to muck around if we are going to be able to help [as the dog is already on death row] and have the owner and dog re united when the owner is able to take him home again.

We need a foster Carer for approx 6 months - all expenses will be paid by Pacers.

Even if you can help for a short time until we find a more permanent carer this will help. My phone number is 0269276707 or email [email protected]

Dear old Pluto was surrendered as his 78 year old owner is going into hospital for a hip replacement and will be unable to care for for at least 6 months and he has no family to help out. Pluto is a nice old boy who plodded happily on the lead and would slowly sit. He is rather overweight and is a bit stiff and creaky but his teeth are good for his age. He was happy to be handled. I think he has been looked after a little too well. He's a lovely old boy looking for a quiet life and a comfy bed.

HP29thSeptember083.jpgHP29thSeptember104.jpg

Thankyou Julie for being so helpful and highlighting this boys plight.

I have to say I cried when I read his story on the Hawkesbury thread. :( From what I can gather his owner, a man of 78 was devastated having to surrender him. He has to go to hospital for a hip relacement and cannot care for his 14yr old cattle dog whilst recovering. He has no family to help. :confused:

This man has had this dog since he was a pup. Fourteen years is a long time, I am sure theyve sent many happy times together and kept eachother company over the years....

I am preying, hoping and crossing everything that they get to be reunited again.

This is just my opinion here but I do believe it may even help with the mans recovery IF he knows his friend is going to be coming home.

Please I am hoping someone can help....

Steve,

If it falls through I am sure I can twist a friends arm and get him fostered for 4 weeks........ or maybe longer.

What hospital is the old bloke going to?? I am sure that many of us would be willing to drive the dog to him for a regular visit.

pm me if you need a backup.

This is now under control - it appears that the dog wont ever be able to live with his owner due to the owners frailty and other factors.

With the help of the Hawesbury pound people the dog is safe and will go to a new home - we are working out how we will be able to allow visits to the old owner and continued letters and photos etc when he is placed in a nursing home on his release so the contact with the dog isnt lost to him altogether.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who offered help with this guy via forums, phone, email and Private messages especially Nicole Burford from Hawesbury pound who handled all of the enquiries via the owner and the ranger who took the dog into the pound.

Its very heart warming to know there are so many peopel out there who feel the empathy level they do and that there are so many prepared to put their hand up to help out.

Thank you

Julie