Now This Just Takes The Cake!

PoppyDog

A while ago I posted a thread about an experience I had taking Poppy to be groomed.

I just wanted her nails clipped, her bottom shaved :) and a hydrobath.

The women gave her a COLD hydrobath and carried on the whole time I was there how terrible it was that I had probably supported a puppy farm but buying Poppy. She made me feel like CR@P!!! But I stood up for myself and explained we didn't know then what we knew now.

She told me how she works with the RSPCA (LIE!) and shuts down puppy farms!

She told me how she rescues dogs and re-homes them. She had 8 - 10 Cattle Dog X puppies at the time. She mentioned she advertised on GUmtree and told me to keep an eye out as she regularly gets CKCS.

Anyway...I did look her up on Gumtree.

She has new dogs advertised WEEKLY!!! She rarely desexes them and the puppies are re-homed before 8 weeks.

But this ad that I found today really takes the cake!!!

She is advertising a "breeding" pair of maltese X shitzu's who are 1.5 years old. They have ALREADY had pups together and she states they may be with pups now!!!

Apparenlty puppy farmers are terrible but she is okay with BYB's!!!

;) :(:confused:

Edited by PoppyDog

From the rules:

Do not cross post ads from other web sites or post links to 'perceived' bad breeders / puppy farms.

It can cause members from other sites to come here to cause problems (which we don't want) and it also helps to promote less than desirable sites (which no-one wants either)

From the rules:

Do not cross post ads from other web sites or post links to 'perceived' bad breeders / puppy farms.

It can cause members from other sites to come here to cause problems (which we don't want) and it also helps to promote less than desirable sites (which no-one wants either)

I just edited my post. :confused:

I assume you wont be using her services again. What a piece of work she is.If she goes around speaking to clients like that her business will be broke in no time.

No way!!! I wouldn't go back there if someone paid me!

I should of realised that it was going to be an interesting experience when I got out the car with Poppy and she said "Oh my, it's only a puppy" all surprised!

I had told her on the phone AND via email that Poppy was 8 months old! :confused:

I assume you wont be using her services again. What a piece of work she is.If she goes around speaking to clients like that her business will be broke in no time.

No way!!! I wouldn't go back there if someone paid me!

I should of realised that it was going to be an interesting experience when I got out the car with Poppy and she said "Oh my, it's only a puppy" all surprised!

I had told her on the phone AND via email that Poppy was 8 months old! :confused:

PoppyDog, are you in Brisbane/Ipswich? Sadly, I suspect I know exactly who you are talking about ;). I took one of my girls to be groomed there and have to admit I also got quite a shock when I got out of the car and saw the numbers of dogs she apparently 'rescues'. Based on what she told me and what I witnessed there, I felt compelled to bring one particular dog to the attention of the RSPCA.

Oh dear that wasn't nice for you PoppyDog. When I was a groomer and now as an instructor I keep my mouth shut when someone turns up with an oodle. I only say something if they ask why their 'non-moulting' dog is dropping hair like crazy or something of that nature. No point giving someone crap when it is too late.

A while ago I posted a thread about an experience I had taking Poppy to be groomed.

I just wanted her nails clipped, her bottom shaved :laugh: and a hydrobath.

The women gave her a COLD hydrobath and carried on the whole time I was there how terrible it was that I had probably supported a puppy farm but buying Poppy. She made me feel like CR@P!!! But I stood up for myself and explained we didn't know then what we knew now.

She told me how she works with the RSPCA (LIE!) and shuts down puppy farms!

She told me how she rescues dogs and re-homes them. She had 8 - 10 Cattle Dog X puppies at the time. She mentioned she advertised on GUmtree and told me to keep an eye out as she regularly gets CKCS.

Anyway...I did look her up on Gumtree.

She has new dogs advertised WEEKLY!!! She rarely desexes them and the puppies are re-homed before 8 weeks.

But this ad that I found today really takes the cake!!!

She is advertising a "breeding" pair of maltese X shitzu's who are 1.5 years old. They have ALREADY had pups together and she states they may be with pups now!!!

Apparenlty puppy farmers are terrible but she is okay with BYB's!!!

:laugh::laugh::confused:

Oh yes, didn't you know....our local Pet Shop at the Large Shopping Centre, nearest to where I live has a huge sign in it's window stating that it is opposed to Puppy Farms, that it supports "Oscars Law" and that all their puppys come from homes that they have done checks on...ie. BYB. Funny how they don't mention how many litters each bitch has over what period of time though! :( Apparently this makes it all okay.

Edited by LizT