Best Good Quality Dog Food That Doesn't Cost A Fortune?

Moi

I'm currently using Great Barko. (You can google it for full details)

Keeps weight on my boy, doesn't make him puke like some other kibbles do. I feed less than half of the recommended amount as its all you need, and its only $33 for 22kg bag at my local produce place.

If I could afford the holistics I'd probably go with one of them, but I think this is better than the "premium" foods.

Go to www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ for a breakdown of the ingredients of many foods. It will open your eyes.

Thanks for the link :p I have checked out that site before, it's confusing as to which dog food is the best though, yet doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm not looking to spend anymore than $30 a fortnight on dry food, that's for 1 dog.

Thanks

I also find that website confusing as to which is the better food, there is alot of brands on there not in AUS also.

its expensive buying/trying different brands to see what suits cause if the dog doesnt eat it then it ends up wasted.

BLACK HAWK HOLISTIC

LAMB & RICE HOLISTIC PUPPY

SUPER PREMIUM PET FOOD 100% AUSTRALIAN MADE

ALL LIFE STAGES OF DOGS COMPLETE & BALANCED

ANTIBIOTIC FREE - HORMONE FREE - NON GMO

NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS, FLAVOURS OR PRESERVATIVES

NO CORN, NO SOY, WHEAT ONLY 2 %

Pet Food Only

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein……………30.00% (min) Phosphorus(P)………… 0.80% (max) Omega 3 Fatty Acid.......... 0.200 (Min)

Crude Fat……………… 17.00% (min) Calcium (Ca)…………… 1.00% (min) Omega 6 Fatty Acid……….1.600 (Min)

Crude Fibre……………… 4.50% (max) Moisture………………… 10.00% (max) ME………………………….3.70 Kcal/Kg

Crude Ash …………….... 9.00% (max) INGREDIENTS

Lamb meal, Brown rice, Sorghum, Oat Groats, Chicken fat, (Preerved with mixed Tocopherols source of Vit E. Citric Acid & Rosemary

Extract) wheat flour, beet pulp, Poultry Digest , Brewers Dried Yeast, Flaxseed Meal, Fish Meal, Canola Oil, Emu Oil, Salt, Choline

Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Chicory, Yucca Shidgera Extract, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin A-Acetate,

Vitamin D3 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid

Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine

Mononitrate, D-Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate.

100 % Australian Made

No Wheat No Corn No Soy

No Artificial Colourings

No Artificial Flavourings

No Artificial Preservatives

ANTIBIOTIC FREE - HORMONE FREE - NON GMO

Complete & Balanced

Pet Food Only

Crude Protein…25.00% (min) Crude Fat… 14.00% (min) Crude Fibre… 4.50% (max

Crude Ash … 11.0% (max) Phosphorus(P)… 1.50% (max) Calcium (Ca)… 1.45% (min)

Moisture… 10.00% (max)

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, Rice Bran, Flaxseed, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols

source of Vit E, Citric Acid Rosemary extract), Brewers Dried Yeast,Emu Oil.Lecithin, Natural Lamb Flavour, Dried Carrots

Dried Kelp, Choline Chloride, Calcium Ascorbate (Source of Vitamin C) Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Yucca

Schidigera Extract, Dried Blueberries, Dandelion, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tomato Meal, Vitamin E Suppliment, Iron

Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Biotin, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium

Pantothenate Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6) Thiamine Mononitrate (B1) Vitamin B12 Suppliment, Vitamin D3

Suppliment, Riboflavin Suppliment, DL-Methionine, Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity) Folic Acid

Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate

I was sent an email from them the other day with this info in it :)

Unless you're looking to feed all raw, I doubt that you're going to find a really top quality puppy food for under $100 per 15 kg that doesn't contain some kind of wheat or corn flour. It's used as a binding agent in better quality food, not as a filler, and the percentages used are quite low.

To be quite truthfull it has nothing to do with what is good quality for the money.

It really is has more to do with, what my dog does well on.

To me it's more of finding a food that my dogs do well on and sticking to it.

To be quite truthfull it has nothing to do with what is good quality for the money.

So so true!

I'm much the same. So many people are anti this and anti that food wise.

My kids eat certain brands that would make most people shake their heads, they look great and are healthy and happy. Thats what matters most

I am having that issue at the moment. All my whippets are doing great on one brand yet I'm STILL finding it hard to keep any kind of decent condition on my fawn boy. He is a real poor doer. His coat is still dull yet the other whippets do fantastic on it and their coats gleam. So I'm starting him on Nutro and will go from there. I currently use Artemis Osopure Power which the others do really well with.

I am having that issue at the moment. All my whippets are doing great on one brand yet I'm STILL finding it hard to keep any kind of decent condition on my fawn boy. He is a real poor doer. His coat is still dull yet the other whippets do fantastic on it and their coats gleam. So I'm starting him on Nutro and will go from there. I currently use Artemis Osopure Power which the others do really well with.

Sess has been a pain in the rear end when it comes to weight. She has put it on and looks great on Black Hawk. I've been through a lot of option with her and this one clicked.

Royal Canin (oops had wrong brand) make a very high fat one (30% :laugh:) targetted at sled dogs, greyhounds etc. Might be worth a try if you can find it.

Oh, and pictures of fawn boy required. I have a fawn boy too! :rofl:

Edited by poodlefan