Litters Due In December

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea having the whelping box up like that, sure beats sitting on the floor bending over the box for hours.

Yes, good thinking BB. Much sturdier than anything 'purpose built' and easier to put away! :thumbsup:

BB, so glad to hear that she is cooking them abit longer.

Cleo looks regal sitting in that whelping box, but wheres the pic of her pregnant belly? Or is she too regal for that kind of pic? :thumbsup::rofl: :D

BB

I have one but need BBJ's expertize to get if off the camera memory its not on the card. ;) :)

Great idea having the whelping box up like that, sure beats sitting on the floor bending over the box for hours.

Too old for that now :rofl: :D ;) :)

LizT's OH was going to make me a stand.

Only prob with the chairs we had power cords running across the floor. Power points on other side of the room. :thumbsup:

Heating was not on too hot on Saturday. Needed a fan for me and her.

Loving the pics of the babies :D ;) :) .

Not long to go for a few us now. :)

The belly shots of the pending mums are great! :thumbsup::rofl:

ETA; It would be great being able to have the whelping box up high but alas large breeds mean back breaking work.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

Solz you do not need a big whelping box. :thumbsup::rofl: :D ;) :) :)

Here is Zarah deciding that she is having pups in a cav sized whelping box. The whelping box was across the arms of 2 chairs. In the morning she actually tried to climb in but could not get her back feet up high enough so then she jumped up. :rofl::love:

SAM_0017.jpg

SAM_0018.jpg

SAM_0019.jpg

SAM_0020.jpg

SAM_0021.jpg

SAM_0022.jpg

Using her pillow

SAM_0034.jpg

SAM_0035.jpg

WOW look at those boobies, Divanis looks like she wont have a shortage at the milk bar. :thumbsup::rofl: :D ;)

How many do you think she'll have??

BB

she looks really good, she'll be having a few I reckon, how many do Dobes normally have?

Its not unusual for them to have over 10.

I looked through some old photos of previous litters she had.

She is now at 6.5 weeks the size that she was at 8.5 weeks when she had 8 pups.

I feel sorry for her.... its almost 3 weeks to go and she is already so big!!!

Ok, think we might be next :shrug: Temp drop yesterday, bouts of fast heavy breathing, then snoring, then fast heavy breathing, then nesting, then back to snoring again.

So with Cynda doing all this on one side of the whelping room, Kimba letting go of some horrific farts on the other side of the whelping room and her pups who dont know that night time is for sleeping, and little ol' me right smack bang in the middle of them, it is going to be a case of 'Bring On The Coffee' :laugh:

Ok, think we might be next :shrug: Temp drop yesterday, bouts of fast heavy breathing, then snoring, then fast heavy breathing, then nesting, then back to snoring again.

So with Cynda doing all this on one side of the whelping room, Kimba letting go of some horrific farts on the other side of the whelping room and her pups who dont know that night time is for sleeping, and little ol' me right smack bang in the middle of them, it is going to be a case of 'Bring On The Coffee' :laugh:

Good Luck!

Too old for that now :cry::(:):)

LizT's OH was going to make me a stand.

Only prob with the chairs we had power cords running across the floor. Power points on other side of the room. :cry:

Heating was not on too hot on Saturday. Needed a fan for me and her.

Finding the bending over pretty difficult too, might have to get OH to make me a stand.