Credit Where Credit's Due

KumaAkita

You could do with picking up some civility in how you refer to older people.

These weren't the type of people one would be civil to. They were nasty, bitter and cranky women. I would have picked another descriptor if it fitted them, but this was the only way to describe them. I had had the pleasure of (unintentionally) overhearing the conversation for a few blocks and can tell you they would complain about winning the lotto, they were bemoaning just about everything else.

Sorry if I have offended you, but that's them apples.

No, they're not apples. They're human beings. Two strangers behind you, & you put yourself in the position of coming up with an assessment of them as 'nasty & bitter'. So now you come up with the 'rider' that you listened to their conversation 'for a few blocks'. Your story rings of contrivance. Did it really happen?

And, I repeat, it's uncivil to refer to older women as 'old crones'.

For god's sake, build a bridge..

You weren't in that situation, I don't think you're more fit than Kuma to make a judgment call on their personalities, opinion-based or otherwise (and let's admit, calling people bitter and nasty is nothing more than an opinion and at the very least, we are all entitled to that). People of all ages are subject to people's opinions (and I mean it's not like it will hurt their feelings because nothing was ever said to them); the old ladies' ages don't make them more or less deserving of nothing but a little (opinion-based) criticism. Is it uncivil because the label "old crones" can only be applied to old people? Does that make it an offense to call bogans "stupid bogans" because one half of the name is true? Is it uncivil to refer to me as a "young hooligan"? (Because the names I've gotten from my grandmother.. :cry: )

So on and so forth, criticism flies all over this forum about the stupid people in this world and I haven't ever seen you kick up this much of a fuss over it. :eek: It's just an opinion; old people are allowed to be bitter and nasty, just like people are allowed to comment on their bitter-and-nastiness, if that makes sense.

But yay for the young mom! I've always seen people letting their dog toilet just anywhere around my neighborhood but I feel so awkward approaching them to point it out. :D

I hate that people assume all dog ownders do not pick up poop

because there are many that don't. Many people do the old "turn away and pretend I haven't seen what is happening" trick. That is when I smile, present them with a bag and say " you obviously didn't see him doing his business, here's a bag".

I once copped the other end of it (so to speak :D ) - I ALWAYS pick up my dog's poo but once I was walking her in my local park, she stopped, I saw she did a wee, and kept walking... Some guy pushing his kid in a pram abused me for not picking up her poo!!! :)

I walked over and explained I could tell she hadn't done one, then he pointed to an old one someone else hadnt picked up! To me it was very obvious it wasn't her poo (aside from seeing her weeing, it was old and dark brown- Honey's are never like that) but I shut up and picked it up anyway, what else could I do? :eek:

I quite often pick up other poos that have been left behind (I'd hate a dog hater to punish all of us for one wrong deed), so I was MORTIFIED this guy thought I'd left it behind... ;)

Actually, a little OT but on the subject of pooing- I just assume everyone knows the different postures of dogs pooing (back humped right over, bum tucked under) and weeing (front bum low to ground, tail up, back straight, chest up). Makes sense a non dog owner wouldnt, but do all of you? :cry:

:eek:

Guest RosieFT

I tell you what is unbelievable, is when you go to an organised "Dogs Day Out' and everything there is for dogs, about dogs and for hte benefit of dog owners etc... and there is dog poo all over. Right next to the buckets of signed 'Dog's water", poo, poo, poo.

Unbelievable.

My mum tried to give someone a doggy bag and was told to "F$%* off" , so is a bit hesitant to do so again!

There is a well known culprit in my area...when my daughter starts school next year Baxter & I will go for a nice walk, pick up its poo, and put it on their front lawn.

ETA - Not Baxter's poo - But the Rottie's poos that its owner never pick up**

Edited by ♥Baxter♥

I was walking my two pups yesterday afternoon and for the first time we had a poo while walking!! I always knot the bags onto the lead just incase! Our local park has poo bags attached to the bin ( which IMO every park should have ) So I put the bag in the bin and take another 1 for next time! Yesterday I saw 3 people do this while I was at the park which just proves it works :eek:

because there are many that don't. Many people do the old "turn away and pretend I haven't seen what is happening" trick. That is when I smile, present them with a bag and say " you obviously didn't see him doing his business, here's a bag".

I once copped the other end of it (so to speak :D ) - I ALWAYS pick up my dog's poo but once I was walking her in my local park, she stopped, I saw she did a wee, and kept walking... Some guy pushing his kid in a pram abused me for not picking up her poo!!! :)

I walked over and explained I could tell she hadn't done one, then he pointed to an old one someone else hadnt picked up! To me it was very obvious it wasn't her poo (aside from seeing her weeing, it was old and dark brown- Honey's are never like that) but I shut up and picked it up anyway, what else could I do? :eek:

I quite often pick up other poos that have been left behind (I'd hate a dog hater to punish all of us for one wrong deed), so I was MORTIFIED this guy thought I'd left it behind... ;)

Actually, a little OT but on the subject of pooing- I just assume everyone knows the different postures of dogs pooing (back humped right over, bum tucked under) and weeing (front bum low to ground, tail up, back straight, chest up). Makes sense a non dog owner wouldnt, but do all of you? :eek:

Yes i have had that happen to me before! It was an older couple- i actually asked them to show me where the poo was, they pointed to this ancient, white, crumbly thing and I could not believe they thought my dog could have just done that :cry:

Some people think anytime a dog squats it is pooing.

I once copped the other end of it (so to speak :D ) - I ALWAYS pick up my dog's poo but once I was walking her in my local park, she stopped, I saw she did a wee, and kept walking... Some guy pushing his kid in a pram abused me for not picking up her poo!!! ;)

I walked over and explained I could tell she hadn't done one, then he pointed to an old one someone else hadnt picked up! To me it was very obvious it wasn't her poo (aside from seeing her weeing, it was old and dark brown- Honey's are never like that) but I shut up and picked it up anyway, what else could I do? :D

I quite often pick up other poos that have been left behind (I'd hate a dog hater to punish all of us for one wrong deed), so I was MORTIFIED this guy thought I'd left it behind... :eek:

Actually, a little OT but on the subject of pooing- I just assume everyone knows the different postures of dogs pooing (back humped right over, bum tucked under) and weeing (front bum low to ground, tail up, back straight, chest up). Makes sense a non dog owner wouldnt, but do all of you? :eek:

Yes i have had that happen to me before! It was an older couple- i actually asked them to show me where the poo was, they pointed to this ancient, white, crumbly thing and I could not believe they thought my dog could have just done that :cry:

Some people think anytime a dog squats it is pooing.

:eek::)

Actually, a little OT but on the subject of pooing- I just assume everyone knows the different postures of dogs pooing (back humped right over, bum tucked under) and weeing (front bum low to ground, tail up, back straight, chest up). Makes sense a non dog owner wouldnt, but do all of you? :cry:

:eek:

Unless you're Kuma and you're still learning how to pee like a man. If its a biggun, his little cocked leg gets tired and keeps touching the ground. Or he tries to pee on the slope of a garden bed and almost falls over :D

Well, I don't like to use the word "hate" in any circumstance. It is unfortunate that non dog owners assume etc etc etc. Sadly, they have plenty of evidence.
Plus, we're walking around a building site area so there are no residents who's lawns we're messing up. I now check every morning that his poo bag container is on the leash and full!
Where you happen to be walking is not the point. The point is that stepping in dog poo and carrying it to other place is just not nice.
I can't understand why anyone wouldn't pick up their dogs poops? It'd be akin to littering or driving without a seat belt for me. Just wouldn't feel right.
The sad thing is that lots of people believe the littering or driving without a seat belt is their right and bugger everyone else.
you know what is worse than not picking it up? people who do actually pick it up but then chuck the bag into the bushes or leave it dangling on a tree and don't comeback for it. There is a tree on the way to the park that has quite a few little "presents" dangling off it at the moment. yuck.
Rangers are just not doing their jobs and that makes me even more angry that the people leaving disgusting presents for others.
Agree with this. :cry: :D
My mum tried to give someone a doggy bag and was told to "F$%* off" , so is a bit hesitant to do so again!
Such a typical and frightening reaction when people are called to account for anything. We live in a very aggressive society.
Yes i have had that happen to me before! It was an older couple- i actually asked them to show me where the poo was, they pointed to this ancient, white, crumbly thing and I could not believe they thought my dog could have just done that :eek:Some people think anytime a dog squats it is pooing.
I often think about this because I was followed for a hundred metres or more by an irate man accusing me of not picking up my dog's poo when she was only weeing. Mind you I did give him a piece of my mind then and the next day when I saw him again. Later that afternoon he arrived at my house (he lives down the street) with a bunch of flowers. :) ;)

These weren't the type of people one would be civil to. They were nasty, bitter and cranky women. I would have picked another descriptor if it fitted them, but this was the only way to describe them. I had had the pleasure of (unintentionally) overhearing the conversation for a few blocks and can tell you they would complain about winning the lotto, they were bemoaning just about everything else.

Sorry if I have offended you, but that's them apples.

No, they're not apples. They're human beings. Two strangers behind you, & you put yourself in the position of coming up with an assessment of them as 'nasty & bitter'. So now you come up with the 'rider' that you listened to their conversation 'for a few blocks'. Your story rings of contrivance. Did it really happen?

And, I repeat, it's uncivil to refer to older women as 'old crones'.

The way I read it the two ladies were the ones who made the rude assumption( Mum who is obviously not lazy as she managed to get her, her two small children and the dog all out of the house for a walk)OP wouldnt not have posted about them had they not said that about the Mum. I am glad she did the right thing.

So glad Dory cocks her leg for a pee!

I've had someone at a dog park give me a bag (just as I was digging into my pocket for one) and tell me that "Your dog has left a little 'job' for you". I was mildly offended, which turned into laughter when he did the same thing to everyone in the park. Even funnier when he gave one to a lady who had obviously come into the park to use is it as a Poo Park, she came in one gate and was making a beeline for the gate on the opposite side. Judging by the dogs behaviour it was something she did regularly, they knew what they were in there for.

I've actually been abused for picking up a poop. That was pretty funny too.

But I have also been given a thankyou for picking up poop as well.

There is no hiding the fact that Dory is dropping a log. It seems she likes an audience. Busy shopping strips are good starts. Beach is a MUST, even if she has just done one on the way to the beach.

People who don't pick up their dog poop annoy the hell out of me (sadly when younger, I was one of those people and now I have gone all reformed and I am worse than people who have always picked up)

I watched this lady one day walking a long with her maltese. The wee thing shat all over the footpath, she watched him do the first half and then started walking off befor ehed finished so it was sacttered everywhere.

I fished a plastic bag out of my handbag (for some reason I alway shave loads in there), then ran after her and said "excuse me, you dropped something" then shoved the bag at her.

Silly old cow