De-sexing Or A Litter

Go to some dog shows and research your breed, then you can make an informed decision whether breeding is right for your dog and you.

Good on you for asking advice.

Lots of cute puppies out there, you need need to make sure you're helping the breeding cause and not breeding more puppies that will end up as BYB breeders.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of times in the past when I first joined that I wished there was a delete button .. we all post something something we want to delete but it only makes us stronger from what the Dol Community knowledge shares with you :cry:

I no, its just sad to me that i have had people email me on here to watch out for certin people and the way people can come across! And i have only been a member for 3days! Thankyou for your advice though!! :wave: P.S great pictures!

Go to some dog shows and research your breed, then you can make an informed decision whether breeding is right for your dog and you.

Good on you for asking advice.

Lots of cute puppies out there, you need need to make sure you're helping the breeding cause and not breeding more puppies that will end up as BYB breeders.

Thankyou PAX, great advice. There is a show on here on Sunday i will go check it out! :D

Guest belgian.blue
Plenty of times in the past when I first joined that I wished there was a delete button .. we all post something something we want to delete but it only makes us stronger from what the Dol Community knowledge shares with you :D

I no, its just sad to me that i have had people email me on here to watch out for certain people and the way people can come across! And i have only been a member for 3days! Thank you for your advice though!! ;) P.S great pictures!

Thanks. This happened to me two years ago and I'm still here .. it does get easier ;)

Plenty of times in the past when I first joined that I wished there was a delete button .. we all post something something we want to delete but it only makes us stronger from what the Dol Community knowledge shares with you :D

I no, its just sad to me that i have had people email me on here to watch out for certain people and the way people can come across! And i have only been a member for 3days! Thank you for your advice though!! ;) P.S great pictures!

Thanks. This happened to me two years ago and I'm still here .. it does get easier :o

Trust me, im not going anywhere!! ;)

& thankyou for your susport

Joining DOL - Baptism by fire :D

haha, ;)

So have you taken on board the advice in this thread regarding breeding your puppy?

Interested as you have time to reply to me but cannot seem to reply to the countless people stating reason why a litter is not a good idea ;)

haha, ;)

So have you taken on board the advice in this thread regarding breeding your puppy?

Interested as you have time to reply to me but cannot seem to reply to the countless people stating reason why a litter is not a good idea ;)

Mostly reaserching the links they have passed onto me at the moment! I will reply to them when im ready, and after i have had a look into the info they have passed on! :o

haha, ;)

Mostly reaserching the links they have passed onto me at the moment! I will reply to them when im ready, and after i have had a look into the info they have passed on! :o

good to know.

haha, ;)

Interested as you have time to reply to me but cannot seem to reply to the countless people stating reason why a litter is not a good idea :o

;) Poor girl is probably too busy trying to avoid those of us she has been warned about! :)

haha, ;)

Interested as you have time to reply to me but cannot seem to reply to the countless people stating reason why a litter is not a good idea :o

;) Poor girl is probably too busy trying to avoid those of us she has been warned about! :)

lucky for me, i havent came across any of those people yet!

:D Poor girl is probably too busy trying to avoid those of us she has been warned about! :o

I'm here now ;)

If you want to breed your bitch, you want to be VERY careful of ''breeders'' who approach/contact you offering a stud dog for an immature bitch owned by an unregistered owner (that would be you ;) ) I don't know of any ethical breeder who would do this EXCEPT in the case of the breeder of the bitch or perhaps the breeder/s of the bitch's parents who might suggest xxx dog would one to consider in the future. For me, if your friends all want a puppy just like your bitch you could be well served by asking each one to stump up with $100-$150 deposit and see how many are left at the end of this conversation. I agree with the person who said they would never risk the life of their bitch just so their friends could have a puppy.

Hang around here, learn from others with toy breeds and Poms in particular, and make your decision slowly and rationally.

Having puppies isn't actually all that cute when the bitch needs a caesar then the pups develop fading puppy syndrome and then the bitch gets black mastitis and the skin on two of her boobs sloughs off in a great pussy lump.

:D Poor girl is probably too busy trying to avoid those of us she has been warned about! :o

I'm here now ;)

If you want to breed your bitch, you want to be VERY careful of ''breeders'' who approach/contact you offering a stud dog for an immature bitch owned by an unregistered owner (that would be you ;) ) I don't know of any ethical breeder who would do this EXCEPT in the case of the breeder of the bitch or perhaps the breeder/s of the bitch's parents who might suggest xxx dog would one to consider in the future. For me, if your friends all want a puppy just like your bitch you could be well served by asking each one to stump up with $100-$150 deposit and see how many are left at the end of this conversation. I agree with the person who said they would never risk the life of their bitch just so their friends could have a puppy.

Hang around here, learn from others with toy breeds and Poms in particular, and make your decision slowly and rationally.

Having puppies isn't actually all that cute when the bitch needs a caesar then the pups develop fading puppy syndrome and then the bitch gets black mastitis and the skin on two of her boobs sloughs off in a great pussy lump.

Thankyou, i am listing to what everyone is saying! and trying to take it all on board, im going to do some reasurch and let it cool down for a week, then slowly contact people back! But thankyou for your time in righting to me!

OK - is your girl registered on the MAIN register in your state or whatever state she was bred in? Have you applied for a breeder's prefix from the Canine body in your state?

If the answer is "no" to either or both of these questions, then I'd suggest that you desex your girl and enjoy her for who she is, rather than what she can whelp for you...

Oh - and people who are "interested" in having one of your pups usually disappear or have some excuse when the subject of paying for said pup comes up... so best to advise of what price you'd be asking for one of these "possible" pups before believing anything from the "interested" parties.

T.

OK - is your girl registered on the MAIN register in your state or whatever state she was bred in? Have you applied for a breeder's prefix from the Canine body in your state?

If the answer is "no" to either or both of these questions, then I'd suggest that you desex your girl and enjoy her for who she is, rather than what she can whelp for you...

Oh - and people who are "interested" in having one of your pups usually disappear or have some excuse when the subject of paying for said pup comes up... so best to advise of what price you'd be asking for one of these "possible" pups before believing anything from the "interested" parties.

T.

Thankyou T for such a nice responce :D to answer yes she is registered on the main register, and the people' that i have intrested in maybe a future litter of puppies are family members, like i said at the start its only sompthing im thinking off, way in the future! I have also spoken to my vet, im just getting as much info as i can!

Thankyou for your advice,

Samantha

Thankyou to everyone who has posted a comment on my topic, i have read all your comments and reply'ed to some. Im a little bit slow still trying to work my way around the site, but i will get back to most of you! Also the links you have passed on are great too!

I would like to personaly message some of you in hope of talking more about it as i am really intrested in the thoughts you have provided!

I think this is a great site, and some great people have joined!

Thankyou again for all your help,

:D

Welcome Samantha and well done for seeking advice from experienced people :D . You have come to the right place for knowledge and you will get honest advice from lots of people. As long as you take it all in the spirit that it is given, you will do just fine (it seems that you are taking it on board and have a sensible attitude toward the advice given)

The more time you spend on here reading and learning I think you will see why so many are giving you the advice to desex. I'm a vet nurse and I have seen some very sad things happen to tiny bitches and their babies having a 'just one litter'. And as far as undesexed bitches, you don't want a midnight pyometra surgery...trust me, very sick dog and big $$$$, and that is just one example of what can go wrong with keeping your bitch entire.

Enjoy your little girl, can't wait for some piccies....they are mandatory you know ;)

take care and have fun

Shells

Welcome Samantha and well done for seeking advice from experienced people :D . You have come to the right place for knowledge and you will get honest advice from lots of people. As long as you take it all in the spirit that it is given, you will do just fine (it seems that you are taking it on board and have a sensible attitude toward the advice given)

The more time you spend on here reading and learning I think you will see why so many are giving you the advice to desex. I'm a vet nurse and I have seen some very sad things happen to tiny bitches and their babies having a 'just one litter'. And as far as undesexed bitches, you don't want a midnight pyometra surgery...trust me, very sick dog and big $$$$, and that is just one example of what can go wrong with keeping your bitch entire.

Enjoy your little girl, can't wait for some piccies....they are mandatory you know :)

take care and have fun

Shells

Thankyou shells, i will upload pics soon ;)

I am starting my studdies in Febuary next year. Vet Nursing certificate 4, its took so long for me to find the 15hrs min at a clinic but i finaly got in ;) and after my 3 years i will be qualifide, finally :o