A Bit Tricky To Translate :)

persephone

there's a few more lovely doggie shots there. did you see the poem someone wrote for Jamie?

Jist read e' poem. BAH! See whats happens to me, "canna" stop "spiken" Doric "noo". OH is going to have great fun tormenting me when he gets home.

Try again...

Just read the poem, awww. A Scottish deerhound will deffinatly be my next dog when the kids grow up, I havent seen one in 5years though. I miss their scruffy good looks :thumbsup:

there's a few more lovely doggie shots there. did you see the poem someone wrote for Jamie?

Jist read e' poem. BAH! See whats happens to me, "canna" stop "spiken" Doric "noo". OH is going to have great fun tormenting me when he gets home.

Try again...

Just read the poem, awww. A Scottish deerhound will deffinatly be my next dog when the kids grow up, I havent seen one in 5years though. I miss their scruffy good looks :(

There are a few in NSW if you know where to look but most are down in Victoria cause it's a bit hot up here for them. Ours spend all summer flaked out in front of the aircon thats put on just for them... it's a tough life :(

Try again...

Just read the poem, awww. A Scottish deerhound will deffinatly be my next dog when the kids grow up, I havent seen one in 5years though. I miss their scruffy good looks :laugh:

There are a few in NSW if you know where to look but most are down in Victoria cause it's a bit hot up here for them. Ours spend all summer flaked out in front of the aircon thats put on just for them... it's a tough life :)

Lol, I would dearly love to have a deery in my life. *Covers Bonnie's and Indie's ears.* They have always been my favourite breed but OH was set on bull breeds. Since Indie has come along, he has now fallen in love with fluffys/scruffys lol. Oh and I need to clarify...the reason I say "when the kids grow up" has nothing to do with the kids being knocked over, more worried they would trip over/fall onto a Deerhound puppy and injury the pups joints , mum of the year or what?! :laugh:

WooHoo - I could understand it before I read the translation :laugh:

Thanks for that .. dammit- now I've been a' googlin' & found anither braw 'un :laugh:

Poem in Doric

Love it and well done! :)

ETA- Bawling reading the poem, Doric poems always do it to me.

Edited by julzjc

Try again...

Just read the poem, awww. A Scottish deerhound will deffinatly be my next dog when the kids grow up, I havent seen one in 5years though. I miss their scruffy good looks :confused:

There are a few in NSW if you know where to look but most are down in Victoria cause it's a bit hot up here for them. Ours spend all summer flaked out in front of the aircon thats put on just for them... it's a tough life :confused:

Lol, I would dearly love to have a deery in my life. *Covers Bonnie's and Indie's ears.* They have always been my favourite breed but OH was set on bull breeds. Since Indie has come along, he has now fallen in love with fluffys/scruffys lol. Oh and I need to clarify...the reason I say "when the kids grow up" has nothing to do with the kids being knocked over, more worried they would trip over/fall onto a Deerhound puppy and injury the pups joints , mum of the year or what?! :confused:

Yeah they can be a bit gangly and easy to trip over. We call ours furry speed humps because thats how mobile they are between 9am to 4pm and 5pm to 7am. Very active dogs.... NOT :laugh:

ScottsHead20080630_18.jpg

That's Scottish?!

Hmm ok lol :laugh: Sorry!

*COUGH* Its called Doric, its a Scottish language used in the North-East of Scotland. lol Believe it or not it has been very English-fied to make it easier for people to read :confused::confused:

Och aye, ye ken fit like eh. Bit en again, fit ken ya de? :confused:

"Caw! Caw! Caw!"

Said an aul' dane craw,

As he dichtit his nib on a docken,

"I'm wearin awa",

Bit I carenae a stra,

For I've tastet eh tatties o' Buchan.

lol Can you tell Im a proud Doric lass?

ETA-

Caw caw caw,

Said the old dying crow,

As he wipped his beak on a leaf,

Im wearing away,

But I do not care,

As I have tasted the potatoes of Buchan.

lol Thought I better clear that very short poem up.

Cool...it's actually easy to understand if you read FONETIKALEE :laugh:

Yeah they can be a bit gangly and easy to trip over. We call ours furry speed humps because thats how mobile they are between 9am to 4pm and 5pm to 7am. Very active dogs.... NOT :laugh:

ScottsHead20080630_18.jpg

Are you serious! You mean they arent as active as a Sibe and Amstaff?! :laugh: My OH has never met one, he assumed they must need LOTS of exercise (more than our two) , I :confused: .

Aww, Im in love. Sorry for going off-topic but what is their lifespan and desexing age? I met a wolf hound cross last year, was desexed at 7wks :confused::confused:

Life expectance is about 8 years, 10 is good going although I have heard of some lines getting to 14 but thats amazing! Our boy in the photo is not desexed as we occassionaly drag him around a show ring (much to his disgust). Our girl we desexed around 12 months from memory but other deerie people will be better able to answer. There is some good info in the breed 101 thread or for a complete inundation try www.scottish-deerhound.com.

If you are used to the energy levels of an amstaff and husky you would have to keep checking if a deerhound is still alive. There are a couple that go to Erskine Park occasionally if you want to introduce the OH to them :cry:

I would love to have a deerhound ..my Kieran was a deerhoundX but after having lost him to bloat/torsion ..after 7 years of worrying it would happen- 'knowing' that was how he was going to die ..I feel I could not ever have a deep chested dog again.:)

His temperament was to die for ..he was so gentle and soft and just absolutely wonderful.......I am smitten ..but ...

Edited by persephone

Life expectance is about 8 years, 10 is good going although I have heard of some lines getting to 14 but thats amazing! Our boy in the photo is not desexed as we occassionaly drag him around a show ring (much to his disgust). Our girl we desexed around 12 months from memory but other deerie people will be better able to answer. There is some good info in the breed 101 thread or for a complete inundation try www.scottish-deerhound.com.

If you are used to the energy levels of an amstaff and husky you would have to keep checking if a deerhound is still alive. There are a couple that go to Erskine Park occasionally if you want to introduce the OH to them :cheer:

:)

Thankyou for all the info DO.

I would love to have a deerhound ..my Kieran was a deerhoundX but after having lost him to bloat/torsion ..after 7 years of worrying it would happen- 'knowing' that was how he was going to die ..I feel I could not ever have a deep chested dog again.:)

His temperament was to die for ..he was so gentle and soft and just absolutely wonderful.......I am smitten ..but ...

:cheer: Sorry to hear that PP. I completly forgot about that. I was present when my best friend lost her standard poople to bloat, was devastating. I wonder if it would be worth doing that "stitch in place" procedure whilst desexing is carried out to try and reduce the risk of bloat? (talking out of my a*s, I know very little about the actual procedure, just a thought.)

we were oot a walk oan saturday an he let oot an awfy howl and couldny walk we thought he had broke his leg cos i could feel what felt like broken bone in his lower leg the brave laddie walked a mile back to the van cos we couldny carry him ..got him to the vets who came out of hours we had to wait 3 hrs oan them callin me back it brought back awfy memories …they told us they had extracted a 6 inch piece of wood the thicness o yer finger that had went right up inside his leg!!,,it missed aw the tendons an main blood vessels..jamie canny stand bein awa frae us he is a big lovely saft lump so it wis great tae get him hame..its no a great photy but av no got many o him oan his ain.

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

what a talent.

I love it, and what a super dog.

I would love to have a deerhound ..my Kieran was a deerhoundX but after having lost him to bloat/torsion ..after 7 years of worrying it would happen- 'knowing' that was how he was going to die ..I feel I could not ever have a deep chested dog again.:laugh:

:laugh: Sorry to hear that PP. I completly forgot about that. I was present when my best friend lost her standard poople to bloat, was devastating. I wonder if it would be worth doing that "stitch in place" procedure whilst desexing is carried out to try and reduce the risk of bloat? (talking out of my a*s, I know very little about the actual procedure, just a thought.)

Hey, Julzjc...how ye Bonnie lass goin? :laugh: