All These Dol Rants.....

DerRottweiler

An observation I would like to make is that if, as a society, we cannot prevent motor vehicles, which are mere machines, unable to move without a human controlling them, from killing and injuring hundreds of people each year, then we are not as a society, easily going to prevent 'accidents' with an animal that is a predatory carnivore, with a mind of its own thereby able to function autonomously.

Oh yeahh. Strangers LOVE being lectured! :rofl:

It is all in the delivery, be stealthy about it. You want to lecture, without them realising they are being lectured.

:) I always try and be really 'casual' about my 'lectures'

When people ask me about Esky, I start telling them how she's worth every cent because she came from a kennel that does really well in the show ring.

Usually that leads to a "wow cool"

And then I start talking about how registered breeders will sell their dogs to pet homes. (cause not everyone knows that)

Then I mention the health testing and that's about it :cheer:

I learn so much from rants etc on here.

Before I came onto dog forums, all I knew about dogs was what my parents taught me.

And I disagree with most of their views now

I think the thing is we here are pretty much dog nuts. We might go to work and have a fit about some off lead dog that jumped on our on lead dog in an on lead area. Chances are we will be met with blank looks. We might have pounced on people outside pet shops and ranted about puppy farms. Some innocent person might have asked us a question about training fido and got a 2 hour lecture. We have spent ages being 'weird'. Here we can go on these rants and other members get it. That is a big relief. I'm on a horse forum, for some reason pretty much every dog subject shits me to tears because the majority of people there don't get it.

Ranting on here doesn't mean people aren't actually educating either. Sometimes it is just nice to bitch with like minded people.

Of course if no one agrees with me, I am the only nutter! :)

I agree :cheer: It can be hard, as many of us likely know to try and explain something to some one who does not 'get' it or who is not really open to learning. It depends of course as others mentioned in how you deliver the information.

I still find this slightly ironic-- a rant about ranting :rofl:

I think the thing is we here are pretty much dog nuts. We might go to work and have a fit about some off lead dog that jumped on our on lead dog in an on lead area. Chances are we will be met with blank looks. We might have pounced on people outside pet shops and ranted about puppy farms. Some innocent person might have asked us a question about training fido and got a 2 hour lecture. We have spent ages being 'weird'. Here we can go on these rants and other members get it. That is a big relief. I'm on a horse forum, for some reason pretty much every dog subject shits me to tears because the majority of people there don't get it.

Ranting on here doesn't mean people aren't actually educating either. Sometimes it is just nice to bitch with like minded people.

Of course if no one agrees with me, I am the only nutter! :rofl:

I agree :rofl: It can be hard, as many of us likely know to try and explain something to some one who does not 'get' it or who is not really open to learning. It depends of course as others mentioned in how you deliver the information.

I still find this slightly ironic-- a rant about ranting :laugh:

Rants about a rant about ranting even! :D

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a rant, but of a different kind.

How many threads do you find in this section, ranting and whinging about:

- People wanted to buy DD dogs or dogs from petshops.

- People wanting to breed their own dogs, because they want a similar pup, or because their friends and family want a a dog just like that.

- People having poor control over their dogs.

- People having poor control over their children when approaching dogs.

I'd just like to say, you all live in a 'dog bubble'. You know all the above is wrong, but other people genuinely have no idea. They honestly do not know better.

It isn't a case of them being evil, or thinking they are professionals of some sort, rather, a case of lacking knowledge.

Rather than having a sook and complaining every 5 seconds, perhaps spend 5 mins educating someone who isn't that dog savvy, it would go a long way.

I know my opinion is never popular, but I am just making an observation.

Thanks,

DR.

How about pointless rants like yours? ;)

:D :rofl::rofl:

:laugh:

Hmmmmm I like reading rants because you learn alot of knowledge & different opinions on subjects. I even find it therapeutic to have an odd rant..... :laugh:

Don't really get informative reading from a rant about rants, but it entertained me for a moment :laugh: