New Aircon Kennel

Simple

We get to 35 degrees on the odd Summer day, average 30-32. And Mister Timmy MUST have chi in him as he loves baking himself! What Amanda J said. :laugh: Just super curious about the challenges of the climate you live in.

Please do not think that for a minute we are being negative to the care you take for your animals. Most of us do not live in your climate therefore we are not aware of the challenges your climate provides. This is a novelty to many of us, and if our exuberance offends you then we are sorry. Our primary care is for the animals, however this is achieved. All best wishes for you and new puppy.. :laugh:

Agreed 110%, I think it's a fabulous idea and how considerate of all the owners building/buying air con kennels for their dogs :laugh:

I always wondered how dogs/animals up there kept cool in long very hot summers! I used to live out in Roxby Downs SA, and only though I caught the arse end of the summer it was still stinking hot and so gross, none of us were coping so there was no chance of wanting to be relocated to Northern WA for work!

Please do not think that for a minute we are being negative to the care you take for your animals. Most of us do not live in your climate therefore we are not aware of the challenges your climate provides. This is a novelty to many of us, and if our exuberance offends you then we are sorry. Our primary care is for the animals, however this is achieved. All best wishes for you and new puppy.. :rofl:

Agreed 110%, I think it's a fabulous idea and how considerate of all the owners building/buying air con kennels for their dogs :laugh:

I always wondered how dogs/animals up there kept cool in long very hot summers! I used to live out in Roxby Downs SA, and only though I caught the arse end of the summer it was still stinking hot and so gross, none of us were coping so there was no chance of wanting to be relocated to Northern WA for work!

Ah, I remember living in Roxby Downs.

never again. :laugh:

its ok and I don't mean to come off angry/offended I was more sadden that some came across to me as if it was a stupid idea. I know your comments weren't meant to but obviously I have taken it wrong so I apologies was probably not the best time for me to actually post was excited for a brief moment. The kennel was originally made for Amme but I had it design to fit 2 when I ordered new puppy many months ago. Just with tragic unforeseeable circumstance has lead to her being PTS. I always worried about her health especially as she got older just want to do things right and have a happy pup.

So does anyone have any websites where I could purchase new gear/products from. I have humored my daughter and let her buy a $10 dog bed from K-mart today now on her spare bed in her room waiting. A puppy count down calendar.

Living in the north of WA is extremely hot and dry.

Mid to high forties for days are not unheard of. I am quite sure that if there are many in the area there is for a reason!

I think it is a great idea and one - fortunately- I will not need! A week of 40's to 44's was enough for me and that thankfully doesn't happen too often.

I would love to see photos of your new boy and also of him enjoying his creature comforts.

Sorry about the loss of your girl.

Can I also suggest a few other things in case your dog doesn't like the airconditioner - am hoping he will because with those temps :cry:

A kiddies pool in the shade filled with water so he can jump in and cool off. Obviously this will heat up a bit in those temps but better than nothing.

LOTS of shade from trees etc or at least put up an umbrella or something so the yard is shaded.

Areas where he can dig in the dirt to get to the cool dirt to lie in. You may actually want to water this area a bit too so as to keep the soil cool underneath.

Just a question for you though... how do you keep the dogs drinking water cold in those temps? I would think that it would heat up even in the shade.

I would be careful on humid days with an air con unless refrigerated It won't work as you plan & will infact will make that area hotter

The unit attached to the kennel is refrigerated, not evaporative. I'm pretty sure no one up that way has evap aircon, because they all know it doesn't work in high humidity :D

Just a question for you though... how do you keep the dogs drinking water cold in those temps? I would think that it would heat up even in the shade.

You put the water bowl in the cool kennel! :cry:

I think it's fantastic what you have done and unless you have lived in such horrid heat, day in day out all season, then you couldn't be expected to understand.

Edited by Golden Rules

:D to Simple :o I look forward to seeing photos of your new pup soon and make sure you come and visit us in the WA thread :) They don't even mind if you post pony photos in there :(

We sold a Lappy puppy to Cairns and they did the same thing with the kennel :( Although I think Cain is in the house more often than in the kennel :cry:

I would be careful on humid days with an air con unless refrigerated It won't work as you plan & will infact will make that area hotter

The unit attached to the kennel is refrigerated, not evaporative. I'm pretty sure no one up that way has evap aircon, because they all know it doesn't work in high humidity :)

You put the water bowl in the cool kennel! :cry:

Duh of course you do :D Why didn't I think of that!

thanks guys.

as to the suggestions most are common knowledge here. I have a automatic watering bowl for fresh water on a deadicated tape in the shade of the carport. new shell paddle pools are on their way one for sand and one for water.

yard has well shaded veranda, yard has palm tree's and old dig/lay holes from amme where she would cool under them if she needed them.

the pup would mostly become inside doggy whilst Im not working so kennel would only be used while I pop to shops or pick daughter up from school.

hi mirawee. Yep seen the topic for WA'ers just havent had the chance to pop in as I had no dog felt odd.