• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations Piper

Dova I hope Izzi is Ok.

We had the theory exam for the Test levels of our herding judges training tonight and I scored 100%. Just the practical exam forn tests then onto theory and practical for A & B course judges licence.

Congratulations Piper

Dova I hope Izzi is Ok.

We had the theory exam for the Test levels of our herding judges training tonight and I scored 100%. Just the practical exam forn tests then onto theory and practical for A & B course judges licence.

Wow 100% congrats :thumbsup:, that's a result to brag about :D.

Just to let the herding folks know that the Opal Motel in Leongatha is now dog friendly if you are heading to herding trials at Nyora.

Just heard back from them & WOOHOO dogs are ok in the rooms :thumbsup: , I'll be staying there on my next trip over, hmm & the one after that & the one after that :laugh:. now that I'm pretty sure Izzi's working caree will be OK & after the vet comes tomorrow I'll know when we can start planning our next trip, hopefully to enter a trial :thumbsup:, I'm itching to do our first intermediate now.

Pretty good weekend at the ASCV trial. I thought it was a bit ordinary actually until presentations as I had pulled him out of a few runs :laugh: Cash got two Started B Sheep passes and one Started A Cattle pass - all first places, and one of his started B runs was a 97 which got him High in Trial sheep. So not bad after all.

Pulled out of our second cattle run as he copped a kick in the ribs and looked a bit sore - of course he is ok now, but didn't want to risk making it worse if he had got hurt.

Nearly got our ducks through the first drive panel in Intermediate B ducks - they were right on the panel, but he just overflanked a bit, they ran back up the hill and then he was off with the fairies so I didn't bother trying again.

Intermediate sheep was interesting - first run with very wild sheep was great fun but with no control, second run with quieter sheep was going well but Cash was being obnoxious and not listening so I called it before attempting the Y.

Edited by superminty

Way to go superminty :thumbsup: congrats, won't be able to knock the smile off you face for a week :D.

Vet came out to see Izzi work today & the news is all good :whee:, I can start working her again, not over work of course, & plan our next trial :rock:, think I'll have to look at coming over the border, really itching to do our first intermediate. Vet also said it was cool watching Izzi work she's really good, had a little strut around about that coment :laugh:.

Well done Superminty. Excellent results!!

And fantastic news Dova. I bet you gave a HUGE sigh of relief at that.

Sigh of relief, think I fogged up all the windows for miles arround with it :rofl:. Yep was very happy after talking to James :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Another successful weekend for us - got our second Intermediate A Sheep pass with a 92, and two more Started B Sheep passes (both first places, 94 and 90.5) for his Started B Sheep title. Also managed Reserve High in Trial on sheep and I won a bottle of bubbles in the raffle :thumbsup:

Bombed out on the cows, think he blew his brain out after a wild second Inter sheep run. But got some great pics of him pulling faces at them!

Taken a few days folks, busy sleeping in the chair Monday night 10hrs :driving: after a 3.30am wake up does that to ya & back to work Tuesday. Ok this was our weekends placings, Izzi got a pass on 86 in intermediate & HIT, I stuffed her first run up, she got 2 passes in B course 85 & 90, first time inter & B course very pleased. Delta had 2 passes in HSAs 91 1/2 & 92 a 1st place & the biggest surprise :dropjaw: she passed one B course with 85, 2nd run she did what I thought she'd do exploded & sent sheep every where :doh:. Now for miss :happydance::happydance2: Pebbles, HSAs 2 passes 77 1/2 & 94 1st place, 1st cow run I blew it for her :hitself: but the 2nd one she passed on 77 & got HIT :hug:, also came home with highest score 2 stock types & highest score main/limited register. Sooo all in all we did ok I think :dancingelephant::cheer::champagne:. Now we have to come back to finish the cow title I guess can't just leave it like that :laugh:.

Edited by Dova

That was an even bigger brag than I was expecting Dova!! Well done, most definitely worth the drive for you. I was fairly sure you and Izzi would have no hassles with started B and inter A given how well she was working last time I saw her.

I will have to try and go over there sometime, would love to try out cattle although I think Jazz would be too gentle for them. Piper would have liked them in her day I think.

That was an even bigger brag than I was expecting Dova!! Well done, most definitely worth the drive for you. I was fairly sure you and Izzi would have no hassles with started B and inter A given how well she was working last time I saw her.

I will have to try and go over there sometime, would love to try out cattle although I think Jazz would be too gentle for them. Piper would have liked them in her day I think.

Sorry about the epic novel of a brag but wrote what was in my head, think my hat size is three times smaller now :laugh:, & really am proud of the girls they went above & beyond my expectations.