Hugh Wirth On Abc

Paganman

I just heard Hugh Wirth talking on 774 Melbourne about the new animal welfare laws theyre bringing in if the labor governments reelected. As well as rules for pet shops hes saying that anyone who breeds will come under these new laws even if they only breed one letter from one bitch.They reckon theyll be out checking up on anyone who has a litter anywhere in Victoria.He said hed had a bit of opposition from what he called the "pure breed people" (said with a bit of a laugh) and he reckons theyll all be regulated to and the RSPCA will be coming out and checking all of them to make sure they comply with the new laws.

Sounds pretty bad to me :laugh:

I wont be voting for labor

Edited by Paganman

That is a definate worry.

I often wonder is it all about more jobs,seen to keeping people employed,more paper work imagine it,policing it all.This is what it seems today it is unbelievable,it is imo out of hand.Huh if it catches on the alternative Gov. would get on the band waggon........all about money."We" vote for who-ever & once in they do as they damn well like.Don't get me started :laugh:

That is a definate worry.

I often wonder is it all about more jobs,seen to keeping people employed,more paper work imagine it,policing it all.This is what it seems today it is unbelievable,it is imo out of hand.Huh if it catches on the alternative Gov. would get on the band waggon........all about money."We" vote for who-ever & once in they do as they damn well like.Don't get me started :laugh:

Sorry but no it is not about jobs. Read it, listen to what they say and believe them. They want to go after all dog breeders and they will and they will drive off all but the big lawyered up commercail breeders. They will eventaully go after all dog owners too, next step is regulating who can own a dog.

It is that simple, I wish people would stop trying to make it something that it is not. We need to call if for what it is.

Anyway I feel very sorry for all dog breeders and all pet owners in Victoria.

The writing has been on the wall for years and every time someone has pointed out where this is heading we have been laughed at and accused of scaremongering, well folks just what does it take before everyone wakes and sees what is happening.

I've had half a century with my dogs, I'm glad I have, I wouldn't have missed it for the world, I hope to have them into my old age, many of you reading this will not be so lucky, your grandkids certainly wont.

The writing has been on the wall for years and every time someone has pointed out where this is heading we have been laughed at and accused of scaremongering, well folks just what does it take before everyone wakes and sees what is happening.

I've had half a century with my dogs, I'm glad I have, I wouldn't have missed it for the world, I hope to have them into my old age, many of you reading this will not be so lucky, your grandkids certainly wont.

Well, any advice .......what can people power do?

In Victoria, Brumby is advertising that if he gets in, he'll make it so that persons under the age of 18 years may not purchase pets from pet stores.

I'd like to know the percentage of pets which are surrendered/dumped as the result of purchase by a minor. Possibly difficult to tell, but to me this "promise" stinks of a "ride the wave of hysteria for the sake of a vote without affecting pet stores and/or anything else for that matter". Kind of like a "claytons" law - says much, does nothing. Perhaps I'm being too cynical. Perhaps I'm being ignorant. But I just don't think this is going to cut it as far as helping dogs, cats etc.

The bit that worried me was he said that in the past regulation of breeding had been left up to local council officers but now the RSPCA inspectors will be doing it to because they have the expertise!

And the extra 4 mill they are being given to enforce it plus the fines and the rest they pick up by pinging people.

Fancy anyone ever being able to imagine that in this country we would see warranted special constables with no accountability outside their own org getting this much power.

The bit that worried me was he said that in the past regulation of breeding had been left up to local council officers but now the RSPCA inspectors will be doing it to because they have the expertise!
Expertise is spending huge sums of money chasing the wrong rabbits down the wrong burrows. :laugh: :D
In Victoria, Brumby is advertising that if he gets in, he'll make it so that persons under the age of 18 years may not purchase pets from pet stores.
Oh yeah. Pet shops are full of under agers buying pets. FFS, they are in shoe shops, dress shops, games palours and at the beach.

Imagine trying to tell someone 10 years ago that we would have laws which allowed you to take your dog to a vet to have it put down just because you wanted to but if you dont jump through 200 hoops and play the game you're told you cant ask a vet to debark them even in another state. Imagine trying to tell someone that if you took a dog to a dog show which had been debarked by a vet that you could go to hell.

And the extra 4 mill they are being given to enforce it plus the fines and the rest they pick up by pinging people.

Fancy anyone ever being able to imagine that in this country we would see warranted special constables with no accountability outside their own org getting this much power.

...and how will this affect breeders of unregistered dogs and Designer Dogs?? Short answer....it won't because they are "under the radar".

...and how will this affect breeders of unregistered dogs and Designer Dogs?? Short answer....it won't because they are "under the radar".

Correct or they already comply with planning laws and like good breeders have battery dog conditions.