Hip / Elbow X-rays

Allerzeit

We travel to Sydney to get ours done, for us it was more important to have someone that we were totally confident in rather than price. Having said that, it wasn't an outrageous price from memory, and the xrays were very professionally done. Dogs were out for the smallest amount of time and we were up and out of the surgery within the hour of arriving, dogs thought they just had a slight nap :confused:

I had two GSDs done in 2008 Hips and Elbows. It cost me $200 per dog.

The Vet's fees have not gone up this year so he still charges $200 for Hips and Elbows.

Tapferhund: does your Vet use gold plated xray film? I'd be travelling in to Monash Vet Clinic if I were you and paying $245 for digitals. At least at Monash you know that they know what they're doing.

For hips & elbows in Perth we paid about $180 for our 42kg bitch a year ago and this year we paid just over $200 for 50kg dog. Apparently you are charged by the weight of your dog as more anesthetic is needed for heavier weight.

Plus Wyburns costs.

I think you're right Trina....wine prices have increased in Margeret River :laugh: and I'm surprised he can still see the xrays clearly enough to see and read millimeters :p

• 2 weeks later...

We have Great Danes & were quite surprised at the difference in prices charged by some vets here in WA..

1st vet : $390 for our GD dogs (75 - 80kgs), $280 for our girls (50 - 55kgs)..

2nd vet $220 per dog - no difference just because the males are heavier..

Plus $100 per dog as the x-rays need to be sent elsewhere for scoring.

I knew there would be a difference in some of the quotes, but I was not expecting that kind of a difference in what they charged.

G

We have Great Danes & were quite surprised at the difference in prices charged by some vets here in WA..

I knew there would be a difference in some of the quotes, but I was not expecting that kind of a difference in what they charged.

G

Have you thought of adding your scores to the Database?

http://www.greatdanes.net.au/scores.htm

G